• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

xxczx

Just read the rumour of Jihl Nabaat returning as DLC.

I don't know why they bother really, she didn't make much of an impact in XIII apart from her boobs.

Thanx! I have a lv 45 Silver Chocobo... which one is the best to put in the races?

Silver worked best for me. Infuse it with a Lv5 Microchu, Lv1 Cactuar, and Lv1 Pulsework Gladiator. Make sure that you pick the 4th Chocobo strategy in the race (the one where it stays at the back of the pack) and only use your boost when Blue Streak activates.

Rinse and Repeat.

1. Get the lady to say "hot as a summer's day" or something
2. Tape down L1
3. ????
4. Profit (literally)

do I need a particular fragment/recommended coin amount to pull this off successfully?

My chocobos suck ass (best one I have is a Lv.32 Yellow with Supersonic... can't get Green or Black chocobos on the battle field to save my life. Haven't even seen a silver one yet. I have a red one, but he's weak) and my adventures in slot machines, even on 'hot summer days", has been disastrous. :(

do I need a particular fragment/recommended coin amount to pull this off successfully?

My chocobos suck ass (best one I have is a Lv.32 Yellow with Supersonic... can't get Green or Black chocobos on the battle field to save my life. Haven't even seen a silver one yet. I have a red one, but he's weak) and my adventures in slot machines, even on 'hot summer days", has been disastrous. :(

No fragment skill needed. I just got at least 10,000 coins and I just left it on overnight and I had the fragment, but not the trophy. Ended up with 0 coins and had to make the 10,000 for the trophy through Chocobo racing.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and get the Silver Chocobo. Just go to Academia 4XX and throw Mog into the big green sphere behind Hope. It might take you a few tries, but you'll get the Silver Chocobo just like that.

No fragment skill needed. I just got at least 10,000 coins and I just left it on overnight and I had the fragment, but not the trophy. Ended up with 0 coins and had to make the 10,000 for the trophy through Chocobo racing.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and get the Silver Chocobo. Just go to Academia 4XX and throw Mog into the big green sphere behind Hope. It might take you a few tries, but you'll get the Silver Chocobo just like that.

Whoa... awesome! Appreciate the tip! :D

laika09

Just make sure you use potent materials on the silver chocobo if you want to use him for racing... that will max out all 3 of his racing stats, and he'll still have more than enough HP to be a viable Sentinel monster (although you could make a better one, since his passives will be tied up in racing abilities).

Whoa... awesome! Appreciate the tip! :D

Just make sure you use potent materials on the silver chocobo if you want to use him for racing... that will max out all 3 of his racing stats, and he'll still have more than enough HP to be a viable Sentinel monster (although you could make a better one, since his passives will be tied up in racing abilities).

No problem! :)

...and yes, take this advice. You can farm potent materials pretty easily if you don't have any, so don't waste the power of Silver Chocobo. :)

orion434

Silver worked best for me. Infuse it with a Lv5 Microchu, Lv1 Cactuar, and Lv1 Pulsework Gladiator. Make sure that you pick the 4th Chocobo strategy in the race (the one where it stays at the back of the pack) and only use your boost when Blue Streak activates.

Rinse and Repeat.

If my Pulsework Gladiator is lv 20 does it matter?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Grats. I posted a picture about getting it too. But didn't get that many grats, and it was my first one too. :p
Awww... but first plats are always so satisfying. :(

Thanks, though. Are you geared up for getting plats for more RPGs? Some of them are long as hell, or have stupid requirements.

just a heads up for people considering, the western release is region locked like most of SE's releases (with the exception of the Last Remnant, one of SE's only region free western releases, but I bet it has something to do with Unreal Engine licensing..)

Anyway i'm putting off buying this game until the inevitable international edition with all DLC included...but I do hope they add Yaag as a DLC boss beforehand. I always wanted to fight Yaag in his human form

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Thanks, though. Are you geared up for getting plats for more RPGs? Some of them are long as hell, or have stupid requirements.

I definitely am. Heck my first platinum was Final Fantasy XIII, and I blame FFXIII for making me strive for trophy completions. :p

Idk about him, but I'll be working on Tales of Graces next month.

I already have the Plats in Nier, FFXIII, and Dark Souls, too... Not Demon's Souls, though, screw that Plat.

Lol, I can't even think of any other (J)RPGs on the PS3 off the top of my head, sad :( (are there even any more?)

I already have the Plats in Nier, FFXIII, and Dark Souls, too... Not Demon's Souls, though, screw that Plat.

Lol, I can't even think of any other (J)RPGs on the PS3 off the top of my head, sad :( (are there even any more?)

Resonance of fate?

Rarutos

My first Platinum was in Ar tonelico Qoga! Then I went ahead and got the Atelier Rorona and Atelier Totori ones.

Final Fantasy XIII's was super tedious because of Treasure Hunter, so I'm a bit thankful that they did end up making XIII-2's a lot easier overall.

How could you forget Star Ocean: The Last Hope Interntional Edition, another Square Enix release? haha. There's plenty.

Got the 1000 Achievement points over the weekend. Then went back to FFXIII to check out some of the datalogs. Quite interesting to reread the initially esoteric Analects section and now see how much FFXIII-2 relates to it.

Other note: Quickly replaying some parts also immediately reminded how much faster the new Paradigm Shift is. Initiating a last-second PS to heal during a tough boss fight in FFXIII ended up with me hearing Snow do the "0 hp groan" and fall to his knees while still waiting for the shift to complete. Same timing would have been good enough to start last-second healing on a character in FFXIII-2.

Good luck to anyone going for the plat in that game.

:-/

That might be the reason I never decided to pick up that game...
Also, while I did like SO3, I kept hearing everywhere that SO4 is like the worst game ever while I had tons of other stuff to play so... yeah

It wasn't tedious because of the upgrading though. It was tedious because of the Adamantoise grinding. :p

Oh, yeah, how could I forget about needing so many platinum ingots for gil in that game, I'd play that game for days at a time just hoping I could get a few platinum ingots before the end of the day.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Go for Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Ar tonelico Qoga, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Trinity Souls Zill o Zero, Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe, Atelier series, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Rune Factory Oceans. :p

RPGCrazied

I hope to get Tales of Graces F one, but I don't know. XIII-2 was just very easy. Anyone can get this platinum.

Go for Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Ar tonelico Qoga, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Trinity Souls Zill o Zero, Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe, Atelier series, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Rune Factory Oceans. :p

I'd reccomend Cross Edge over Hyperdimension myself, I think CE is one of CH's better releases. That and it has an awesome battle system.

Also, while I did like SO3, I kept hearing everywhere that SO4 is like the worst game ever while I had tons of other stuff to play so... yeah

Star Ocean 4 is a terrific game that gets hate for its character designs more than anything

barrin87

I just unlocked Academia 500 AF so I am pretty much at the end of the game but don't want to move any further just yet. I want to get a few more fragments and level up my monsters more.

Rarutos

Oh, yeah, how could I forget about needing so many platinum ingots for gil in that game, I'd play that game for days at a time just hoping I could get a few platinum ingots before the end of the day.

Maybe you just suppressed the memories of hours of fighting turtles? I can understand why!

Go for, Ar tonelico Qoga, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Trinity Souls Zill o Zero, Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe, Atelier series, and Rune Factory Oceans. :p

AHHHH, big list. K, there's a few we can cross off here, though.
I hate Disgaea, so no to that one.
Also, I have 3D Dot Game Heroes, never even bothered to beat that game let alone Platinum it... someday maybe. I lost interest in it somehow, not sure why.
The rest, I've either never even heard of or know next nothing about, some research to be done.
Is Hyperdimension Neptunia any good? I was looking at mkII, I know that's coming soon.

I tend to overlook games that aren't "triple A", so a lot slips by me >.>
I know, I know, I'm not proud of it... it's just when everything is $60 I really don't want to spend any money on anything that's like... a 7/10

Are any of these games listed REALLY worth my time?

Well, I'll definitely do a little research as to what's listed there, anyway, and see if anything interests me. I pretty much have nothing to do for the rest of the month.

I'm pretty picky about RPGs, too (well, games in general, really), it wouldn't take me too long to list all the RPGs I've ever liked.

Chrono Trigger
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Phantasia
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Paper Mario series
Baten Kaitos
Xenoblade
FFXIII and FFXIII-2, obviously

yeah, those are my favourites :)

I know, I know, I'm not proud of it... it's just when everything is $60 I really don't want to spend any money on anything that's like... a 7/10

If you're looking for Triple A i'd reccomend Eternal Sonata. That's a really good one that actually has more content on the PS3 version.

If you can stomache the art style it's actually multiplayer and you can play it with a brother or something. It's a Namco Bandai game, so it's not niche by any means.

If you're looking for Triple A i'd reccomend Eternal Sonata. That's a really good one that actually has more content on the PS3 version.

If you can stomache the art style it's actually multiplayer and you can play it with a brother or something. It's a Namco Bandai game, so it's not niche by any means.

I'll make a mental note of that. That's another one I keep forgetting about.

AHHHH, big list. K, there's a few we can cross off here, though.
I hate Disgaea, so no to that one.
Also, I have 3D Dot Game Heroes, never even bothered to beat that game let alone Platinum it... someday maybe. I lost interest in it somehow, not sure why.
The rest, I've either never even heard of or know next nothing about, some research to be done.
Is Hyperdimension Neptunia any good? I was looking at mkII, I know that's coming soon.

Don't get me wrong, the game has a lot of flaws, but I really enjoyed it and think it's a pretty good game. The dungeons are really bite-sized (about 10 minutes each, so it has that "just one more..." factor) and the humor is actually pretty funny, especially compared to a lot of the NIS-localized games that make me cringe.

I've been really disappointed with the stuff NIS has put out on the PS3, with me not liking Rorona, Disgaea 3, and Ar Tonelico Qoga, enjoying Disgaea 4, but absolutely loving Totori. Neptunia fell somewhere between D4 and Totori.

It's just really fun in a lot of different ways.

Eternal Sonata doesn't have trophies, if that bothers you.

A little bit. Valkyria Chronicles is another game that lacks trophies that I definitely want to play someday, but as long as there is another game that I want to play that does have trophies, I fear I will never get around to it!

Ar tonelico 3 is better if you know the previous games form the saga. ( play 1 or 2 first )

Trinity universe is a flawed gem, get ready for a lot of anime & niche references

Same for neptunia....

None of them are bad, but some need a prepared mind and lots of tenacity if you want to 100% them

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Good luck to anyone going for the plat in that game.

:-/
Seda did it.

No, haven't played, haven't played yet, kinda long, do it but it's long, easiest plat ever but the game is bad, long but fun, haven't really invested much into getting all the trophies for Atelier Rorona, it can be difficult, haven't played. :D

I'd reccomend Cross Edge over Hyperdimension myself, I think CE is one of CH's better releases. That and it has an awesome battle system.
I'd actually do that too. Cross Edge was more fun than Neptunia for me.

I almost want to invest in Neptunia 2 for the Inafune craziness, but I'm afraid I won't like it much.

StunandStab said:
A little bit. Valkyria Chronicles is another game that lacks trophies that I definitely want to play someday, but as long as there is another game that I want to play that does have trophies, I fear I will never get around to it!
VC is truly worth your time and investment. I thought its systems were extremely fun, and the artstyle employed really made the world feel alive to me. And the relationships of certain characters were very well-written.

As for Eternal Sonata, I didn't think it was so bad outside of one cutscene that just wouldn't end. The artstyle, the extra difficulty on New Game+, the PS3 extras, and the music kind of made up for what it was lacking for me.

Carbonox

Just 5 star'd Yomi in my first ever fight with him. And that was by spamming Poison. :lol Poison destroyed him so quickly it was visible on the bar quite significantly each time damage was applied. Holy shit at the rewards as well.

burgerdog

Immortal, Ochu, Long Gui, and Yomi are a joke in this game. I can't believe how easy they were. Yomi in particular is a real disappointment, first attempt I went in without a triple sen paradigm and wiped at 5% hp left. Tried again with 3x sen and killed it and it even dropped a trape. I fail to see why people resort to sab sab sen or whatever for this boss. Lame, I expected more from the additional bosses.

They are surprisingly easy. Even with Yomi for refighting I fit Delicate Hermes Sandals into a build and am entirely comfortable with letting Noel repeatedly get hit into critical to speed the fight up. I should be dreading the thought of getting hit, not looking forward to it...lol

Neil

Immortal, Ochu, Long Gui, and Yomi are a joke in this game.

Pretty much. I think proto-behemoth was the hardest fight in the game and that's just a random mob!

I've 100% completed the game now. Well, until the inevitable DLC that is. All achievements acquired. I'm happy with the quality of the game I just would have liked more chapters to play and a spike in difficulty. The game was ridiculously easy and presented little to no challenge for me.

K' Dash

They sure are slow getting this DLC out.

I'm 24 hours in and I have LOTS to do and many places to visit yet, just getting the hang of things, they can take their time.

I was trying to beat Omega at the colosseum (3 roles maxed out) and, my God, you can't even see the damage on his health bar, it isn't even guaranteed you'll get his crystal, so I'll postpone that fight.

I just bought Light and Amodar, hope this isn't as bullshit as Omega.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I believed Noel when he said that his age was fucked up,
but I didn't think it'd be that fucked up. Geez.

RPGCrazied

I'm 24 hours in and I have LOTS to do and many places to visit yet, just getting the hang of things, they can take their time.

I was trying to beat Omega at the colosseum (3 roles maxed out) and, my God, you can't even see the damage on his health bar, it isn't even guaranteed you'll get his crystal, so I'll postpone that fight.

I just bought Light and Amodar, hope this isn't as bullshit as Omega.

I'm 70 hours, and have the game 100%. :p

But I have more free time than the average player.

Top Bottom