• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

bubnbob

Banned
eh, Kaiser Knuckles arent that good because they give you a static increase. Get Brawler's Wristband instead, since it adds a percentage. The other perks of Kaiser are negligible.

laika09

I'm pretty sure delicates were made specifically for gaming synthesized abilities. The concept is pretty cool, and it's a decent iteration of XIII's system.

Can't say I'm too fond of the accessory currency system, but I suppose it makes balancing sense. It fits with Toriyama's reluctance to offer 'best' gear, but I don't think the system is really deep enough (nor well explained) to merit such concerns.

eh, Kaiser Knuckles arent that good because they give you a static increase. Get Brawler's Wristband instead, since it adds a percentage. The other perks of Kaiser are negligible.

It works just fine for now, I've had better builds but I like to use various parts of inventory for variety. Also using In Paradisum now for the hell of it even though I could just use Odinblade for more power or speed it all up with the easy choice, Romulus and Remus.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I feel like a total noob. Keep dying on the first boss 10 AF Yaschas Massif. His attacks that inflict Wound and LandShatter just totally destroy me. Is there anyway to avoid the latter attack without eating 200-300pts of damage? Wasn't this game supposed to be easier than FF13? :p

Just finished this up, around 30 hrs, loved it, the wild artifect side quests made it feel more open, last boss was fracking hard but managed to get through, probably made it harder on myself with my pardigms.

How many hours did it take some of you guys to finish?

burgerdog

Just finished this up, around 30 hrs, loved it, the wild artifect side quests made it feel more open, last boss was fracking hard but managed to get through, probably made it harder on myself with my pardigms.

How many hours did it take some of you guys to finish?

45 hours. I took my time trying to capture monsters and finding fragments on my own.

The_Monk

Well I'm stuck fellow GAFfers. First of all I must say that I love this game, but, as any other Final Fantasy game, I'm horrible at it.

Here's where I'm stuck, I'm on EASY Mode even...

Last Boss, fighting CAIUS. I kill him one time, then another time and then I have a cutscene and I'm off to fight him again in valhalla. I know that after this there will be something like 3 dragons but I don't even reach there I die before that

To make it worst I'm also terrible at choosing Paradigms, have no GIL left and my Monster may not be the best choice but it's my Healer.

If anyone can give me some easy-to-go tips, please do. I don't want to have another RPG unfinished on the last boss (AGAIN). Thanks in advance.

Paches

After finishing up this game completely, does anyone have some suggestions for other JRPGs that are current gen? I have played and beat FF13,13-2, Resonance of Fate, and Eternal Sonata (Those are the big ones I can remember). Anything else along these lines that come highly recommended? Thanks.

After finishing up this game completely, does anyone have some suggestions for other JRPGs that are current gen? I have played and beat FF13,13-2, Resonance of Fate, and Eternal Sonata (Those are the big ones I can remember). Anything else along these lines that come highly recommended? Thanks.

Xenoblade-The best JRPG this gen.

There's also Lost Odyssey, Magna Carta 2, and Tales of Versperia.

Plus the NIS and Gust stuff that I don't know anything about.

Raxus

What are the best accessories to use? I just need Serah's 50% Action Bar weapon and a set of good accessories and my characters would be set.

RPGCrazied

If you can wait about a month, Tales of Graces F will be here! :)

bubnbob

Banned

Get an Xbox...

- Blue Dragon
- Vesperia
- Lost Odyssey
- Infinite Undiscovery
- The Last Remnant (also on PC)

Plus the many Euro RPGs available, and upcoming.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Buy Tales of Graces F next month, I'm serious.

Do you have a 360? Get Tales of Vesperia (best JRPG this gen!)

hamchan

Well he stomached Eternal Sonata somehow. IU is hardly as bad.

Agreed. Eternal Sonata is soooooooooo bad. It might actually be a good play to laugh at how bad and nonsensical it is. Also they make you play through the game twice to get 1000/1000, that's so evil of them.

Riposte

Get an Xbox...

- Blue Dragon
- Vesperia
- Lost Odyssey
- Infinite Undiscovery
- The Last Remnant (also on PC)

Plus the many Euro RPGs available, and upcoming.

If you don't play The Last Remnant on PC don't play The Last Remnant at all. (Also no 1st world citizen should be without an at least 2008-era gaming PC so no excuses.)

Aeana

I agree. If we want Xillia, Namco I'm sure is going to want to see some good sell numbers from Graces. Not a million dollar seller, but enough to even bother with it.

You should also buy it because, well, it's an incredible game.
It's weird how people always talk about buying Graces like they're taking one for the team, so they can get the game they really want. I don't understand why so few people actually want Graces.

RPGCrazied

Um. I DO want Graces. But if Graces sells like shit, no way is Xillia going to come out. I'm sure Graces is an incredible game. I'm a fan of Tales, so I want every game.

I thought Infinite Undiscovery was dreadful.

IU would've been better had that utilized the multi-party system effectively. There's only one part in the entire game where it's actually useful, every other instance it's "Who don't you want in your party?".

That and the world was far too small, and the story too short. Otherwise it's an able game.

One 360 exclusive RPG i can't reccomend enough is the Last Remnant, which is also on PC. Such a terrific game.

hamchan

You bet I'll be buying Tales next month since I love the series. I also want to buy Abyss for 3DS but I can't find it anywhere in PAL land. I actually want to give Namco my money but I can't, it's so damn frustrating.

StuBurns

Banned
It's still better than XIII and XIII-2.

0RBjj.jpg

So after a week of my eye surgery I'm back on track :D

leveling the hell out of Serah and Noel before heading to the final boss to kick the hell out of it and finally see the ending that everyone is talking about, last time I was there all the roles levels were 39.... and he kicked me so badly, now heading there with all the roles on level 80, good enough :p ?

Goli

So after a week of my eye surgery I'm back on track :D

leveling the hell out of Serah and Noel before heading to the final boss to kick the hell out of it and finally see the ending that everyone is talking about, last time I was there all the roles levels were 39.... and he kicked me so badly, now heading there with all the roles on level 80, good enough :p ?

ALL roles on 80? You're gonna kill it in like, a minute.

Will do.

Also to those asking, I don't have an Xbox or Wii. I mainly PC game and have generally stuck with the PS consoles (and a SNES!).

Well if you only have a PS3. You are kind of fucked in my opinion.

Hopefully you have Valkyria Chronicles but it's not really inline with party based RPGs.

Paches

Well if you only have a PS3. You are kind of fucked in my opinion.

Hopefully you have Valkyria Chronicles but it's not really inline with party based RPGs.

Yeah, I have VC and kind of figured I have played a lot of what is available (the good stuff, anyways). Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Top Bottom