• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I still do not understand why the used old tracks when having a complete full soundtrack a disposal, and such a great one I add. Btw, does the title screen theme (~願い~) get used in the game too? It's so beautiful.

Thoraxes

Probably just because the music they requested for this game was for particular elements already. Also the XIII OST is of a very high caliber, the game is a sequel, and it had short development time. It's just more conventional to do it this way, and everything is getting used anyways.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
One of the best songs in FFXIII... how often does it play in FFXIII-2 o.o?
How long/often it plays depends on your proficiency for a certain task.

It plays when
you're doing those accursed clock puzzles that people spend a long time on!
My friend got pretty sick of it after a while.

Perfo said:
Btw, does the title screen theme (~願い~) get used in the game too?
Yeah, during some cutscenes. It's Serah's theme without the vocals, after all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the vocal-less version is also the title screen music.
Oh oops, I'll clarify. Yeah, the title screen music is used in a few cutscenes... some of which involve Serah being the conversation starter (hence why I tried to compare it with her actual vocal theme, but I guess it didn't come across that way).

Thoraxes

Oh oops, I'll clarify. Yeah, the title screen music is used in a few cutscenes... some of which involve Serah being the conversation starter (hence why I tried to compare it with her actual vocal theme, but I guess it didn't come across that way).

Ahh, okay. I figured it was something like that.

Teknoman

Composer Selected Soundtrack: CD with selection of music tracks from the game, specially chosen by the composers.
Artwork book “The Art of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2”, featuring artwork across the production.
6 collectible postcards, featuring high quality CG artwork of main characters in the game.
High Definition Lenticular Artprint, showing an iconic image of the Lightning character.
4-Disc FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Original Soundtrack, with premium digipak packaging.
Exclusive FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 T-Shirt from the SQUARE ENIX PRODUCTS range. Never to be available elsewhere!
Artwork book “The Art of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2”, featuring artwork across the production.

Seems ULTRA worth it imo! Especially 4-disc OST and the FFXIII-2 t-shirt!

edit: hmm, it says nothing about the Omega-DLC... does this mean I'll have to buy that manually even if I buy the frikkin' Crystal Edition ._.?

I wonder how the T-shirt looks...probably wont fit, but still.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I wonder how the T-shirt looks...probably wont fit, but still.
It looks hot as hell.

8DcMF.jpg

PerZona

I dream of one day in which they start to translate in english these books >.<'

Heh i agree with you on that. I bought all kind of Ultimania books but didn't manage to understand them cause it's in Japanese. I am currently learning Japanese though!

As for the graphics, I am sure one day we will get to play in the kind of graphics that's shown on the cover of the Ultimania, maybe 2 more generations of gaming? Or the next gen? One can hope :p

CloudV

Regarding the kichu and omega, as mentioned, kichu is probably the strongest ATK monster in the game even withou doing the abilities. Add in that and some smart planning and you can easily make a kichu that does 10,000 to 20,000 damage in one hit, even on monsters that haven't been broken. The flipside is you can only get one in the game so if you screw up your growth and/or ability fusions you are SOL.

Regarding Omega, he is an ATK as well but apparently he is initially slow. The thing going around the jp boards is making an aspir omega, basically giving him aspir abilities as well as ATB abilities which basically can turn him into a non stop laser shooting machine that puts omega in the same level as kichu. Only problem is the materials and monsters needed for the build is somewhat time consuming.

That leads to probably the downside of FF13-2, by the time you can build this up there is nothing left to do in the game. And I again say the SE needs to speed up the dlc because I want to play it more, because time travel is fun!

robot

The PS3 version is the best one once again but if you're an achievement whore or anything like that it's worth noting the 360 version doesn't need to be avoided like the plague this time. As others have said, the two are pretty damn close this time around.

I actually prefer not to be distracted by achievements in RPGs so am gonna go with the PS3 version (I dont pay much mind to trophys).

Plus I'd rather have XIII and XIII-2 for the same system.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is this game so full of content it needs two books?
Plus I'm sure an Omega Ultimania will show up after all the DLC are released :/

FFXIII had 2 books plus Omega too. There's definitely more stuff to instruct and guide than 13.

Nice covers. I'll probably forgo the Crystal Ed and get the N.A. LTD Ed instead and use the money for the Ultimanias.

EDIT: Some number of pages comparison to gauge possible amount of content

Scenario Ultimanias
FFXII: 528 pages
FFXIII: 512 pages
FFXIII-2:496 pages

Battle Ultimanias
FFXII: 592 pages
FFXIII: 544 pages
FFXIII-2: 704 pages

RPGCrazied

So there isn't any costumes at all in the game? For having a costume system, they really dropped the ball. I really can't believe they are going to make them DLC. But we have only seen 2 for Noel and Serah so far.

Varion

So there isn't any costumes at all in the game? For having a costume system, they really dropped the ball. I really can't believe they are going to make them DLC. But we have only seen 2 for Noel and Serah so far.
Out of the box? Nope.

Honestly the worst thing is in part of the game Serah wears her FF13 outfit, it's in the game, it's completely usable... and yet you never actually get it except for the little part of the game where she's required to wear it. Found that really annoying seen as I like her old one better, would it have killed them to give you the option seen as it's in the game already? It's not like it would've required any extra work. So you just have a 'costumes' section in the menu taunting you throughout the game.

RS4-

Don't forget the 4 disc soundtrack. Only reason I'm going for it.

I wouldn't have any hesitations if the art book was bigger. I'm just not much of an OST type of person.

Regarding save files from 13, they're not too significant right? Googling around, it doesn't sound like much unless something has changed since then.

zlatko

Banned
What's the demo like, that was set up for today? I'm at work and can't browse the extent of the thread to see impressions. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Regarding the kichu and omega, as mentioned, kichu is probably the strongest ATK monster in the game even withou doing the abilities. Add in that and some smart planning and you can easily make a kichu that does 10,000 to 20,000 damage in one hit, even on monsters that haven't been broken. The flipside is you can only get one in the game so if you screw up your growth and/or ability fusions you are SOL.

Regarding Omega, he is an ATK as well but apparently he is initially slow. The thing going around the jp boards is making an aspir omega, basically giving him aspir abilities as well as ATB abilities which basically can turn him into a non stop laser shooting machine that puts omega in the same level as kichu. Only problem is the materials and monsters needed for the build is somewhat time consuming.

That leads to probably the downside of FF13-2, by the time you can build this up there is nothing left to do in the game. And I again say the SE needs to speed up the dlc because I want to play it more, because time travel is fun!
That's kind of unfortunate in terms of building up your monsters and party but having nothing really to fight... until DLC I guess.

Thanks for the Omega info. I heard about the Aspir abilities, but I didn't know how useful they were. Giving him ATB abilities makes sense. It's just too bad that it's a late bloomer, and by the time you get it, it's kind of rendered useless/time-consuming to create a proper build by an overpowered Kichu + Noel/Serah playing support/Blaster.

I had no idea you only got one Kichu in the game. :O
No wonder people are looking for good builds on JP sites now.

I love this cover. The art is really nice.

Also, it finally includes Noel who is a pretty decent character.

kx11

Banned
it is so sad downloading a demo on xbox360

the demo's name and details are not available

and worse you can't pause the download !!!

Top Bottom