• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Square Enix Europe just confirmed that the next DLC will be released worldwide and not just in Japan.

But that’s not all! We’ve also pleased to bring you the exciting details of some new downloadable content coming to you next week, entitled ‘Lightning & Amodar’. Players will be pit against some familiar characters (one very well known!), in a no holds barred Coliseum Battle. For those of you strong enough to defeat them, you’ll then be able to recruit them into your party. We’re not revealing all the juicy details today but expect to read more about it on the blog in the near future.

‘Lightning & Amodar’ will be available for Xbox 360 on 7th February via Xbox LIVE Marketplace and on 8th February for PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network. FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is out on Friday 3rd February on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Amneisac

Ok, did anyone else not get the genji bow with their Gamestop pre-order? Because mine for some reason is not on my reciept and I am a Powerup member, what gives?

Usually those preorder codes are separate, but i have no idea in this case. I've given up on my local GameStop for preorder bonuses because they never have any codes left by the time I pick the game up (which is usually the day it comes out).

Edited to add: I'm so torn on the guide, I have the collector's edition hardcover for the first one and I love it, but it kind of ruined some parts of the game for me because I would go to the guide too often. I can't decide if it's worth getting it or if I do, whether I should just save 5 bucks and get the soft cover.

Dinosur

I pre-ordered the CE from amazon back in November. Just got an email saying they didn't ship it because the instant-use Visa reward points glitched out (or some nonsense).

Now I'm at the mercy of Gamestop having a CE in stock. Amazon did send me the pre-order bonus code already, so guess that's something.

Synless

Usually those preorder codes are separate, but i have no idea in this case. I've given up on my local GameStop for preorder bonuses because they never have any codes left by the time I pick the game up (which is usually the day it comes out).

Edited to add: I'm so torn on the guide, I have the collector's edition hardcover for the first one and I love it, but it kind of ruined some parts of the game for me because I would go to the guide too often. I can't decide if it's worth getting it or if I do, whether I should just save 5 bucks and get the soft cover.

Soft cover guide!?!? Fuck that, go big or go home! Hard cover all the way!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I don't know if anyone mentioned but be careful about XIII-2's Crystarium system. if you want to get highest stats for your characters, don't light the sphere randomly.

basically there are big and small spheres, when light the BIG ones you will get role bonus. for example, when you use Attacker/Commando role to light the big sphere, in addition to the regular stats boost, you will get additional 2 points to ATK

here is the effect breakdown for each role when using big spheres to level them:

Attacker/Commando: attack+2
Blaster/Ravager: magic+2
Defender/Sentinel: HP+6
Healer/Medic: HP+6
Enhancer/Synergist: when level is an even number, HP+6 (for example, when you rise a level 1 Enhancer to level 2 using a big sphere, you will get extra 6 points to HP); when odd, magic+2
Jammer/Saboteur: even: attack+2; odd, magic+2

so let's say you want Noel to have max attack, you will need to use ONLY the big spheres to level attacker and jammer when its level number is even.

It's garbage like this that makes me hate modern Square-Enix. Ultimately this hidden leveling trick probably isn't a big deal or gamebreaker, but I read this and think why? Just obnoxious means to indirectly punish people for blind experimentation.

jimmypython

It's garbage like this that makes me hate modern Square-Enix. Ultimately this hidden leveling trick probably isn't a big deal or gamebreaker, but I read this and think why? Just obnoxious means to indirectly punish people for blind experimentation.

yeah...I also screwed up my stats....

but it doesn't really matter..the game is easy...

RPGCrazied

Time to get busy! :) Just got home with my haul. Hope to play through the game with you GAF!

The CE is so nice. The box material is like velvet, so soft and smooth.

Picture_901.jpg

Synless

Time to get busy! :) Just got home with my haul. Hope to play through the game with you GAF!

The CE is so nice. The box material is like velvet, so soft and smooth.

Picture_901.jpg

Worst camera ever!!! O_0

The quality of the case is nice though, it is just like the CE guide.

RPGCrazied

This game has an ingame DLC content manager. Cool. Sadly nothing is up. I'm sure these codes will work though for the bow and Serah's costume. No Noel outfit though. :(

Ended up picking it up for the 360. I didn't know it was only one disc for the xbox version.

Game looks beautiful.

edit: Just realized they gave me PSN pre-order codes instead of the xbox codes FUUU

After having to call EB Games to ask for the 360 codes over the phone, I am left with the PSN codes for the Summoner Garb and Genji Bow..

Inbox if you want it. (Don't be greedy if you already have the codes :/ )

After having to call EB Games to ask for the 360 codes over the phone, I am left with the PSN codes for the Summoner Garb and Genji Bow..

Inbox if you want it. (Don't be greedy if you already have the codes :/ )

I PMed you for the Bow.

Damn you Burgerdog I would have been all over that Summoner's Garb! =P

RedAssedApe

Banned
Good to know, I didn't even notice that at the bottom of my DLC email, I just saw the initial $10 promo one.

Yeah it was strangely formatted. I didn't realize I had got an extra code until I re-read the e-mail and looked at the Amazon product page.

Well, the Genji Bow download created a new FFXIII-2 game data file aside from the one I had for the free Omega DLC from JPSN so I'm pretty sure that means the DLC is definitely not region free, as was expected.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
How do I have this ordered from 2 different retailers but none of them have even shipped yet? Canadian online retail sucks :(

Good to know, I didn't even notice that at the bottom of my DLC email, I just saw the initial $10 promo one.

I got the initial $10 credit in the email, but I'm wondering if I'll get the other $10...

edit: Crap, I can't use the code on existing preorders. Dang, was hoping to knock Graces f down from $39.99 to $29.99... oh well.

Yeah it was strangely formatted. I didn't realize I had got an extra code until I re-read the e-mail and looked at the Amazon product page.

Are you guys saying this is a SECOND ten dollars to make up for the now 20 dollars off promo? Because I just ordered re: revelations and I didn't get a $10 auto credit and only got $10 from that code in the email

How do I have this ordered from 2 different retailers but none of them have even shipped yet? Canadian online retail sucks :(

Well, although the shipping status for mine is messed up, I'm pretty sure it has been shipped because it at least doesn't say "not yet shipped" and my credit card was charged for it yesterday... so hopefully the same is true for you!!

I'm still waiting for mine :(

I got two separate e-mails -- one yesterday when it shipped with $10 credit, and one this morning with the Omega DLC and another $10 credit.

Weird. I got the shipping email yesterday, but no mention of the $10 credit. The only $10 credit I got was the code in the email this morning talking about the Omega DLC.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Well, although the shipping status for mine is messed up, I'm pretty sure it has been shipped because it at least doesn't say "not yet shipped" and my credit card was charged for it yesterday... so hopefully the same is true for you!!

I'm still waiting for mine :(

Oh yeah... mine's been charged, too. :p

RPGCrazied

Played a bit. I'm liking the story. :p I'm easily amused I guess. Please tell me I can control Noel soon? I don't want to control Serah. The voice acting is bad? I like it... though Lightning sounds oddly different. She doesn't seem to much into it. Who plays Ciaus? He's really good, and sounds familiar to me. He sure is in a lot of RPG's. Equipping costumes is easy enough, but there isn't any other than the one you get from GameStop. :(

Well, back I go....

Oh yeah, the framerate is pretty iffy, and gets very slow. But on the plus side, it runs at 1080p and its nice to look at.

Played a bit. I'm liking the story. :p I'm easily amused I guess. Please tell me I can control Noel soon? I don't want to control Serah. The voice acting is bad? I like it... though Lightning sounds oddly different. She doesn't seem to much into it. Who plays Ciaus? He's really good, and sounds familiar to me. He sure is in a lot of RPG's. Equipping costumes is easy enough, but there isn't any other than the one you get from GameStop. :(

Well, back I go....

Oh yeah, the framerate is pretty iffy, and gets very slow. But on the plus side, it runs at 1080p and its nice to look at.

Caius is voiced by Liam O'Brien

chifanpoe

Just picked mine up from Best Buy, here is what the little "Episode I Novella in-pack" looks like:

FF13-2.jpg

Too bad I am stuck at work for the next 6 hours...

Top Bottom