• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

UraMallas

FFXIII-2 seems to have $30 dollars of Amazon.com credit if you purchase right now. This is my checkout screen after ordering through the link above:

0CycS.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lightning has a lot of terrible cheesy lines at the start. :/

"January 31, 2012

Thanks for purchasing Final Fantasy XIII-2 from Futureshop.ca.

Unfortunately, there was a delay in receiving the game at our warehouse in Western Canada. In turn, we are delayed with shipping the game, and will begin shipping tomorrow – a notification will be sent to you once it has shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please accept our apologies and use the below e-certificate for a 15 per cent off your next purchase of a game at Future Shop. This e-certificate expires June 1, 2012: "

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RPGCrazied

Omfg. Do I have to start over? I seem to have got a bug. I was jumping across some jumps, got stuck in a corner, and now Serah is stuck and cannot move forward. Saving the game, seem to have fixed it, I can move her around, but I cannot talk to anyone or open treasure spheres.

I even thought, maybe I can just return to this area and it will fix itself. But I get to the meteroite, I guess a cutscene is suppose to start? Nothing happens. Damn, this sucks, thankfully though its not far in. ;/

burgerdog

Omfg. Do I have to start over? I seem to have got a bug. I was jumping across some jumps, got stuck in a corner, and now Serah is stuck and cannot move forward. Saving the game, seem to have fixed it, I can move her around, but I cannot talk to anyone or open treasure spheres.

I even thought, maybe I can just return to this area and it will fix itself. But I get to the meteroite, I guess a cutscene is suppose to start? Nothing happens. Damn, this sucks, thankfully though its not far in. ;/

In order to grab some of the Skyrim fanbase they needed to include some game breaking bugs to make them feel more at home.

bubnbob

Banned
FFXIII-2 seems to have $30 dollars of Amazon.com credit if you purchase right now. This is my checkout screen after ordering through the link above:

0CycS.jpg

Thanks, just placed an order. Gonna take it back to Toys R Us when I pick it up from there after work with my gift card.

Reveirg

It's worth noting from the OST credits that over 140 musicians played on the whole soundtracks, and that's not including the musicians from the original game's OST that are included in the game.

That has to be one of the biggest musical projects a game has taken on. Fantastic stuff all around.

Riptwo

"January 31, 2012

Unfortunately, there was a delay in receiving the game at our warehouse in Western Canada. In turn, we are delayed with shipping the game, and will begin shipping tomorrow – a notification will be sent to you once it has shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please accept our apologies and use the below e-certificate for a 15 per cent off your next purchase of a game at Future Shop. This e-certificate expires June 1, 2012: "

Just got the same message. Seems like this has been happening really often with Future Shop preorders.

RPGCrazied

I guess be careful where you walk at the start of the game folks. Stay away from the corners. I did have to download an update, I'm sure that was for upcoming DLC though.

laika09

Now we know why it took them so long to implement jumping!

Cheska

0CycS.jpg

I think that just means the $20 certificate replaces the $10 certificate, but if not, then that's an awesome deal! You can check your gift card amount by going to your account settings.

So I got my collectors game and guide.

First off, no game case in collectors box ... =(

Otherwise, it looks and feels quite nice. The artbook is actually pretty "meh" though. Ah wells.

The Collector's guide on the other hand ... Very nice. Padded hard cover, extremely detailed, lovely materials, came with two ribbon bookmarks, couldn't ask for more. I wish all guidebooks were like this.

Overall, I am satisfied with my purchases and I haven't even played the game yet lol.

RPGCrazied

Woooo. That fixed it guys! Just quit the game, and turn off system. Then load it back up, and it working fine. :)

Also, where is my Genji Bow? I don't see it under weapons, but I did get the costume for Serah.

Ricker

I entered my code for the Serah Outfit and Genji Bow...I got the outfit but where is the Bow? I can't switch to it in the equip screen,I only have the default Starseeker?...

Awesome start I thought,graphics are great.Just got to the first section and already there's one of those round boxes that I can't seem to reach in the water,driving me nuts hehe....loving it so far.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
"January 31, 2012

To pour a little salt on the wound: I just walked into a Future Shop in Surrey, BC, no preorder, got the CE and the preorder steel book :p

Oh and even though it's the morning, there were only a couple PS3 CEs left. I think it's gonna be rare...

Reveirg

I've heard there's somy funky stuff going on with the save system. My gf wants to play her own game on the same account (to benefit from the same DLC), is it at all possible to make 2 different new games on an account, and if so, how?

Zoe

I've heard there's somy funky stuff going on with the save system. My gf wants to play her own game on the same account (to benefit from the same DLC), is it at all possible to make 2 different new games on an account, and if so, how?

Is DLC account-locked? I thought it was only region-locked.

But yes, it's possible to make two different games on the same account--either when you start up the game or you can create a new save file from the Historia Crux.

xxczx

doesn't everyone get to use DLC when you've downloaded it? (happens on PS3 and I'm pretty sure it happens on 360)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I think you have to make a new save file and use that. However, you have to now manually save every single time since you will be swapping the two saves instead of autosaving. I can be wrong though.

Zoe

I think you have to make a new save file and use that. However, you have to now manually save every single time since you will be swapping the two saves instead of autosaving. I can be wrong though.

Not every time. You just have to be sure to load up the correct one when you start up.

Caj814

For those who does youtube browsing or even bothers with IGN. DO NOT go anywhere near FF13 related stuff. They spoil the final boss right off the bat in a thumbnail and text.

For those who does youtube browsing or even bothers with IGN. DO NOT go anywhere near FF13 related stuff. They spoil the final boss right off the bat in a thumbnail and text.

I hate the internet. I can't see why I would be on either of those websites today, but thanks for the warning.

xxczx

thanks, looks like i won't be going on many websites for a while.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Ordered.

Shipping to a locker = free shipping lol.... FF13-2 for virtually $15 USD with the promo (w/tax counting the interests I'm getting from my capital one checking) feelsgoodman.jpg

WOOT. Glad I waited lololololol.

Going to keep stacking dem credits from pre-orders or w/e and get myself a free vita or some shit LOLOLOLOL.

Tizoc

Just started the game a few mins ago and am now off to
check out the meteor site. The first segment with Lightning was...a really nice cinematic XD.
I sort of like the flow of battle in the game ATM it feels more...fluid and lively I guess? Must be the music

smr00

Banned
So who got the CE? is it worth the extra $? If so anyone have a mini-review on the CE? with pictures? really interested in what people think about it.

picking it up tomorrow after work.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Bah, too bad it isn't working for the PS3 version too. I was going to wait for the game to drop to $30ish before I bought it but a credit is just as good I guess.

- Order 360 version, apply credit to PS3 version and order it, then return 360 version?

- Probable post retail premature BOMBA deal

- ????

- Free FF13-2

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I guess be careful where you walk at the start of the game folks. Stay away from the corners. I did have to download an update, I'm sure that was for upcoming DLC though.
Wait, what? Are there issues? (at school atm--gotta teach a tutorial in a few minutes and can't check)

Also, it was very nice walking into an EB and not being treated with a condescending attitude! Sometimes it's "are you buying this for your boyfriend?" or some nonsense like that.

Picked up the CE. The outside looks nice, but I haven't opened it yet. I'm pretty sure a few of my students are kind of antsy to get home and play their copies because I saw one of them watching a lot of clips on his laptop prior to class starting, lol.

Reveirg

So who got the CE? is it worth the extra $? If so anyone have a mini-review on the CE? with pictures? really interested in what people think about it.

picking it up tomorrow after work.

It was definitely worth it for me as I'm a big fan on Final Fantasy music. It's a real joy to have this soundtrack, to appreciate it in lossless format. OST credits are really complete too, and I like these kind of things.
The artbook is really nice too, though I would've probably appreciated it more as a separate item (it's glued to the whole package), and 20 pages ends up being kind of small.

The whole thins is really well put together. It's, at least, a definite step up from the FFXII limited edition, and is actually the most beautiful CE I've ever had (though I don't have a lot of them >_>)

Quadratic

"January 31, 2012

I assume it's the same for Bestbuy.ca I went to check the status of my order and it still says it's processing. I guess I'll play some backlog tonight :(

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Played the beginning part. Lots of fighting in mid air, running up walls and weird lazer beams flying all over...mix in super cheesy lines. =/

Top Bottom