• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

fatty

I'm torn, I've been going back and forth on whether to pick up the hard cover guide now. I won't be getting the game for a while (hoping to get the CE on clearance eventually) but I just love the way the guide looks. It's just that it will be a while till I get to the game (for perspective I finally just beat XIII and still need to finish X-2).

That and I'm kind of bummed about the difficulty being so easy, the battle system keeping me on my toes is what I enjoyed most about XIII.

The game started so awesome and then they cut to the teenagers. Might as well take a dump on my eyes and ears. Also, fuck kupo and its annoying voice.

I'm hoping they go away, they already kind of have unless they keep cropping up as the game goes. They're terrible, again they remind me of the annoying wolf people in the Twilight movies.

Doesn't help that they're called "Team Nora."

Zoe

I'm hoping they go away, they already kind of have unless they keep cropping up as the game goes. They're terrible, again they remind me of the annoying wolf people in the Twilight movies.

Doesn't help that they're called "Team Nora."

What's wrong with "Team Nora"?

(other than the English version not bothering to explain what "nora" means)

Aeana

(other than the English version not bothering to explain what "nora" means)

The English version of FF13 said NORA stands for No Obligations, Rules or Authority. Obviously totally different from the Japanese meaning, but they did say it.

Chocoboko

Played the beginning part. Lots of fighting in mid air, running up walls and weird lazer beams flying all over...mix in super cheesy lines. =/
Those are my initial thoughts right now also. Had to pause right at the start of chapter 1 after all of that and go back to work. No clue what was going on but it felt kinda weird to me that it was so crazy over the top right at the beginning.

Still excited to play more tonight. Very curious as to what is really going on.

Rektash

Just preordered my Crystal Edition. The next 2 days will be a long wait! Ordering it from amazon.de , I get all the Day 1 DLC for free. Thats nice i guess.

jinutsu

Neo Member
Did the preorder from Best Buy for the book. Went super smoothly. Was rather surprised.

You had the total opposite experience from me.

I walked into my Best Buy about 5 minutes after they opened and went searching for the game on the shelves. I had a pre-order but the last few times I picked up my pre-order they just called someone to run back to the games department and grab one off of the shelf. I figured I'd get a jump on this process and pick one up off of the shelf. Plus, I didn't reserve a strategy guide and I wanted to pick one up.

Needless to say I found nothing on the shelves. They did have a Soulcalibur V stand but it had no games in it. I asked the cashier about my pre-order and she looked behind the counter in the place where they hold pre-orders. There was nothing. She buzzed another guy and he went into the back and grabbed a copy. He came back with the standard edition and no guide. I mentioned I had the collectors edition and I also wanted the collectors edition guide too. A few minutes later he comes back with the correct stuff.

As she is ringing stuff up I ask about the 15% off on the strategy guide and she's not sure but she thinks it will be applied automatically. She scans my reward card and gets my total. I asked if she got my $5 that I used for the pre-order and she did not. Thus, she had to run to the back again and find out how to apply this money. When she finally figured it out she had to redo the transaction again.

So for a second time the cashier starts to ring me up and she scans my reward zone card and gets my items entered correctly. The total was around $105.00 I gave her my $100 gift certificate (which I got from purchasing 5 titles during the fall/winter promotion) and she replies, "You cannot use this because the value of the items does not exceed $100.00" I HAD to purchase more than $100 worth items PRE-TAX to even use the card. This annoyed me but I went and got a copy of Last Remnant used for $15 and called it good.

I returned to checkout and the register was locked up so she had to ring it up on another one. This time she forgot to scan my reward zone card and when I presented it to her she said, "I would have to redo the transaction again to add this card. You can go online to get credit for this purchase." Since I had been there for 30 minutes I said screw it and decided not to make her redo everything.

When I get back to the office I went to enter the purchase and the damn Reward Zone site was down for maintenance. Unbelievable. Needless to say I'm not going to be pre-ordering anything from Best Buy in the future. The employees have no idea what they are doing.

P.S. They also screwed up my pre-order as I had FFXIII-2 and Mass Effect 3 on the same pre-order. Somehow they only took $5 from me and applied $2.50 to each game. This caused an issue when she redeemed my pre-order as it had to be at least $5. She mentioned it wouldn't cancel ME3 but that I would not have money for it. What a mess.

mr stroke

dang, I pre-ordered and only get $10. Ahhh!!

Customers who ordered the standard edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 through 1/30/12, and received a $10 promotional credit, will be sent an additional $10 credit to bring their total credit up to the $20 level currently offered for new orders.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors

Check your email

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Did you get your $30 credit yet? I havent seen a post from anyone... I suppose I have to wait until it actually ships first.

Well they said it was $20 and $10 I wonder if they'll honor it lol...

One said promotional credit the other is game credit.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

It doesn't say it there but it said it during checkout before placing it.

Imagine they f it up and send $20 + $10 + $10

That would be glorious.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
XFpdX.jpg

Got both Gamestop and Amazon pre-order DLCs.

And my CE guide is in the mail!

I got pretty much everything... Wasn't planning to be that thorough but it all fell into place.

<----------- Whore

Even worse... I have yet another CE and another BB exclusive with Novella on the way!! XD I'm gonna have to return something. But I might be just "whore" enough that I'll wind up with something i can resell for a profit on eBay. That CE might turn out to be pretty rare...

I completely forgot how to make the Moogle do the little scan thing when it starts glowing.

In the demo I did it fine, now I'm not able to?

edit: Just found out, had to talk to someone :/

Nohar

Meh... I guess I won't be able to play it until Saturday. It's driving me nuts. I'm not even hyped by the story (contrary to preceding FF) : I just want to play it and enjoy the gameplay, and especially the OST. Papa needs his Origa's songs (in-game - I avoided the tracks on YouTube, I won't falter now !).

UraMallas

I'm yet to get the email confirming my $20 and $10 credits from Amazon. I'm hoping/guessing that I'll receive confirmation later tonight when they ship my order.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Pre-ordered the Crystal Edition. Gonna finish Darksiders (although I have no idea why I bother, the game is basically just the same boring shit as Zelda, only this time with hideous comic book character design), then I'll finish FF XIII, and then it's time for FF XIII-2.

Nista

My collectors edition for 360 arrived at work today. Now I just have to wait a few hours until I can go back to the hotel and play it.

mudkyp

You had the total opposite experience from me.

I walked into my Best Buy about 5 minutes after they opened and went searching for the game on the shelves. I had a pre-order but the last few times I picked up my pre-order they just called someone to run back to the games department and grab one off of the shelf. I figured I'd get a jump on this process and pick one up off of the shelf. Plus, I didn't reserve a strategy guide and I wanted to pick one up.

Needless to say I found nothing on the shelves. They did have a Soulcalibur V stand but it had no games in it. I asked the cashier about my pre-order and she looked behind the counter in the place where they hold pre-orders. There was nothing. She buzzed another guy and he went into the back and grabbed a copy. He came back with the standard edition and no guide. I mentioned I had the collectors edition and I also wanted the collectors edition guide too. A few minutes later he comes back with the correct stuff.

As she is ringing stuff up I ask about the 15% off on the strategy guide and she's not sure but she thinks it will be applied automatically. She scans my reward card and gets my total. I asked if she got my $5 that I used for the pre-order and she did not. Thus, she had to run to the back again and find out how to apply this money. When she finally figured it out she had to redo the transaction again.

So for a second time the cashier starts to ring me up and she scans my reward zone card and gets my items entered correctly. The total was around $105.00 I gave her my $100 gift certificate (which I got from purchasing 5 titles during the fall/winter promotion) and she replies, "You cannot use this because the value of the items does not exceed $100.00" I HAD to purchase more than $100 worth items PRE-TAX to even use the card. This annoyed me but I went and got a copy of Last Remnant used for $15 and called it good.

I returned to checkout and the register was locked up so she had to ring it up on another one. This time she forgot to scan my reward zone card and when I presented it to her she said, "I would have to redo the transaction again to add this card. You can go online to get credit for this purchase." Since I had been there for 30 minutes I said screw it and decided not to make her redo everything.

When I get back to the office I went to enter the purchase and the damn Reward Zone site was down for maintenance. Unbelievable. Needless to say I'm not going to be pre-ordering anything from Best Buy in the future. The employees have no idea what they are doing.

P.S. They also screwed up my pre-order as I had FFXIII-2 and Mass Effect 3 on the same pre-order. Somehow they only took $5 from me and applied $2.50 to each game. This caused an issue when she redeemed my pre-order as it had to be at least $5. She mentioned it wouldn't cancel ME3 but that I would not have money for it. What a mess.

Wow that sucks. I had a situation similar to that years ago for Metroid Prime so I was worried about doing this again, but I wanted the book so I took the plunge.

Geez, I have a PS3 CE in my house, but my PS3 is broken.

I have a working 360, but the CE won't be here till next week. Love my life.

Oh well, back to FFIV.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
That has to be one of the most nonsensical openings in an FF game yet. I was prepared for that, but I was surprised at just how long it was. It's a high watermark for pretty looking shit that makes no sense and is kind of hard to care for.

Oh well.. Not hating yet, exactly. I'm expecting a heap of dumb from this game so I can't act surprised. It's still very cool in spite of itself.

Wilsongt

If you pre-order from Amazon, are you suppose to get a card or something with a way to download the DLC? I didn't get anything and I pre-ordered weeks ago...

If you pre-order from Amazon, are you suppose to get a card or something with a way to download the DLC? I didn't get anything and I pre-ordered weeks ago...

I got my code emails earlier this afternoon. Some past releases it's taken a day or two, so I would wait till tomorrow before I started freaking out. You could always call them though, amazon customer service is usually pretty awesome.

Oh, nothing inherently, it's just that when I was drawing the Twilight comparison and thought about "Team NORA" it just reminded me of the "Team Jacob" nonsense. :p

Also, didn't get the Summoner's Garb from Gamestop. Retail-exclusive DLC is fucking retarded.

Top Bottom