• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Have you listened to her English VA? My god, I'm pressing X or start > skip whenever I have to deal with her.

Yeah, I skip it every time. She was really annoying in the Japanese version too... ugh. I hate Toriyama for putting her in. HATE.

Stuart444

I hate the wait for FFXIII-2 :/ wish we could have gotten it last Friday rather than the Friday after the Tuesday that it comes out in NA...

Hope GAME sends my crystal edition out tomorrow and I get it on Thursday... if I'm lucky :/

As for her (Choco whatever) VA direction/long drawn out lines...

Whoever decided that was good should be fired. Seriously, in the demo, the lines were very awkward, drawn out and didn't flow well from one sentence into the next.

How is it missable if you can go back and do it again?

Just because you can go back and do things again, doesn't mean there aren't missables. There have been many time travel games and many of them have had things you can miss and/or screw up. I asked a question because I didn't know the answer, general knowledge that the game is about time travel and that you can go back in time to do stuff over isn't enough information to guarantee an answer.

So, Mr. UPS came by and delivered my game and guide.

I really like how the guide looks and how the cover is poofy instead of just being simple hardcover which is a nice touch.

I do like the condensed version of FFXIII's story in the beginner's premier. Kinda silly that Chapter 12's music kinda drowns out the narrator in that part.

zychi

Banned
Did anyone actually get the $30 credit emails? I think I just fucked myself by asking a CS rep to speed up the emails so i can get something by thursday. He kept "yelling" at me that I was only getting $10.

Got my Crystal Edition! :D

A day earlier too, the release date is tomorrow here in NZ but for some reason they did it early.

Now I just need to go home to be able to play...........

RedAssedApe

Banned
Did anyone actually get the $30 credit emails? I think I just fucked myself by asking a CS rep to speed up the emails so i can get something by thursday. He kept "yelling" at me that I was only getting $10.

I would say that you just be patient. The $30 credit has actually been removed from the site (which is why the CSR probably can't see it) and they explicitly state that it may take up to two business days from when your item is shipped for you to get your codes.

widgetraf

So frustrating, I'm having an issue with my game.

Certain menus (the blue pop-up menus to save, select difficulty at start of game, install theme from extras, etc) do not allow me to move up or down. I think I have a bad disc, but everything else seems to be fine.

May have to exchange this and see if the problem continues with a new cd. If so, probably need to clean the bluray drive. :(

mr stroke

About 3 hours in and enjoying it so far. Visually it looks great, and I forgot how much I love the battle system, so fast and slick. Too bad about the music though, ouch, what a piece of shit. This has to be the worst FF soundtrack of all time. So bad.

scy

DAT INTRO. Wow, I love how Serah's
clothes just magically change... that was awesome

I lol'd so hard when she woke up and said "where did these clothes come from?" Trust me, this line will become infamous.

WHERE DID THESE CLOTHES COME FROM?! D:

The highlight of my first hour with the game is probably my reaction to her reaction. Just one of those things... One of those things...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The highlight of my first hour with the game is probably my reaction to her reaction. Just one of those things... One of those things...
I laughed pretty hard at it. :lol

I'm playing the game in short bursts since I shouldn't be playing console games at all on weekdays, but man oh man I hate the Optima that they assigned to me when Noel first meets Serah. Annoying.

It's even more annoying that I can't change the order, default, or assign my own yet.

Edit: Serah holding Mog so tightly that it's really bothering him makes me grin. I anticipate more Mog abuse on behalf of Noel for the rest of the game.

rataven

Just restarted the game for the bf's benefit. Whole intro is Advent Children Redux. And it is rad.

Though Caius is such a cheeseball, oh my god.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just picked this up today as well. The girl at gamestop asked if I wanted the disc insurance, I said no, and she said if I bought it she'd include a DLC code for Serah's outfit and bow, haha. She let me handle it for a bit too, if only I had photographic memory!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You get armour drops now? :O

I'm getting Iron Bangles like crazy. Man, feels better than killing turtles for an hour hoping for a drop.

"If I see another meteorite, I'm gonna shoot it down!" Ya, ok. Good luck with that. >.> (who writes this stuff?)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just picked this up today as well. The girl at gamestop asked if I wanted the disc insurance, I said no, and she said if I bought it she'd include a DLC code for Serah's outfit and bow, haha. She let me handle it for a bit too, if only I had photographic memory!

You should have told her that she should be giving it to you for free for buying it from them day one. You could have easily bought it elsewhere and gotten a better deal. :p haha

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You should have told her that she should be giving it to you for free for buying it from them day one. You could have easily bought it elsewhere and gotten a better deal. :p haha

I mean normally I would have just done it, but I had to upload my values not to support such nonsense DLC. Paying for items, no thank you!!!
And the extra DLC outfit for Serah that I wanted to win wasn't the winner in that poll a few months ago ;_;

aceface

I know there's been a lot of grief about metal chocobo or whatever the hell it is but I think the chocobo song that plays in Bresha ruins might be my favorite chocobo theme of all time.

RPGCrazied

Uhm. So I'm trying to go for the mog throw like the guide suggests, obviously earlier than you should. It recommends a Pulsework Knight for the fight, beefed up SEN. But uh, I fought over 30 of these things, even used Feral Link quite a bit, and it still won't drop? Why? It very rare or something?

Yuripaw

Banned
I want Lightning in my party! Damn SE making me pay extra for her.

Will buy it at a high price!

Wait, did they announce her as DLC? How would that fit into the context of the story? I don't know much, but I heard something about most of the main characters from the first game are missing.

mr stroke

His voice. The way he talks. His hair. It's Tom Cruise.

WRHgI.jpg

KDZEn.jpg

ace3skoot

finished.

the battle system is pretty much the same as XIII which is fine, as it was enjoyable and still is, the graphics are nice, VA is pretty terrible and the story is even more convoluted than the first leading on to the ending...

the ending is completely diabolical... I mean wow just soooooo bad.

I enjoyed playing through the game, the mechanics are fun and sound, but the narrative is the worst in main line Final fantasy game and the ending left a bad taste in my mouth, that being said i enjoy the play-through and would recommend if you like the XIII, if not XIII-2 is a better game than the original but i don't think it will win over people who didn't like the original.

Lothars

I am really annoyed at bestbuy, they sold my ps3 collectors edition and than were like oops we didn't know anyone preordered it.

I ended up with the 360 Collectors edition which is fine but it's still annoying to me, I do like the book bestbuy gave with it.

Have they said if the preorder dlc will be available at a later date on live or psn?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So yeah, is the Pulsework Knight not recruitable?
It's a very rare drop. I played the demo three times for several hours each play, and it never dropped for me. You can just ignore it until you get the fragment skill that lets you recruit monsters easier if it's taking you a while.

There is one GAFfer who got it, though. But they played through the demo 12 times, lol.

Meanwhile, I'm getting rare drops everywhere. Really easy to 5-star stuff and get lotsa drops so far.

RPGCrazied

Well shit. :(

The guide suggests going to Sunleth, before Yaschas, but a boss awaits there. I can only knock off like 1/2 of his hp, and he starts regening it, basically not really scratching. I just want mog throw so I can get those spheres.

Synless

Well shit. :(

The guide suggests going to Sunleth, before Yaschas, but a boss awaits there. I can only knock off like 1/2 of his hp, and he starts regening it, basically not really scratching. I just want mog throw so I can get those spheres.

I fought that guy for 16 minutes before I took him down. You really need that pulsework knight to beat him though.

rataven

Is it ever explained why Lightning has Shiva and Bahamut hanging around her in addition to Odin in the intro? I don't know why, but I'm really curious about this.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
"Some folks have learned to use magic, like our Serah!"

How is she able to do that without using that Manadrive thing that the PSICOM soldiers had to use?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
"Some folks have learned to use magic, like our Serah!"

How is she able to do that without using that Manadrive thing that the PSICOM soldiers had to use?

It's explained in the datalog. Since the end of XIII, some people have been suddenly able to use magic.

Zoe

Does she join your party only in the Colosseum or does it include the main story too?

She becomes a monster. You can use her anywhere, but it's not going to have an effect on the story.

Is it ever explained why Lightning has Shiva and Bahamut hanging around her in addition to Odin in the intro? I don't know why, but I'm really curious about this.

It was implied in the first game that Etro was sending them.

Top Bottom