• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

It's explained in the datalog. Since the end of XIII, some people have been suddenly able to use magic.

Good ole' datalog. Narrative and exposition tucked away into a menu, lovely.

Meanwhile, about one hour in, exploring new Bodhum.

Damn that intro sequence.
I miss Lightning already

MooMoo

She becomes a monster. You can use her anywhere, but it's not going to have an effect on the story.

It was implied in the first game that Etro was sending them.
By any chance, do you know if we'll actually be able to control Lightning/will actually be like Serah and Noel? Or will she behave exactly like a monster (i.e. only feral links/paradigm settings)?

eldoon

Hi guys
just got registered WOOHOOO

anyone know what the bonus for having a final fantasy 13 save it , i looked everywhere they said it was a wallpaper image and an in game item - does anyone know what the ingame item is

B.K.

Interesting piece of info from the Ultimania.

The blog report also mentions a few bits from the staff interviews at the end of the books. Apparently, director Motomu Toriyama and producer Yoshinori Kitase reveal plans for character specific episodes to follow the main XIII-2 release. They refer to XIII-2 as the game's "Noel and Serah Volume." We can also expect a Lightning Volume, a Snow Volume, a Sazh Volume, and more.

These other episodes may not necessarily be download content. In the interview, Toriyama and Kitase say that they have a variety of ideas in mind, including other media such as novels. They made a similar statement in a recent Famitsu interview.

http://andriasang.com/comztp/ffxiii2_ultimania_bits/

I wonder how long we're going to keep getting XIII related stuff.

A Black Mage did it.

Vivi2.gif

SomeDude

Banned
sorry to go off topic but this is a question for europeans in europe: when you get games like final fantasy x is it voiced in your native language or do you get the japanese or english dub?

RyudBoy

Wow the loading in this game is pretty bad. What the hell happened?

I'm playing with auto motion plus 120hz enabled and it's perfect for a game like this. The minor input lag isn't really an issue and the CG scenes look even better.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's a very rare drop. I played the demo three times for several hours each play, and it never dropped for me. You can just ignore it until you get the fragment skill that lets you recruit monsters easier if it's taking you a while.

There is one GAFfer who got it, though. But they played through the demo 12 times, lol.

Meanwhile, I'm getting rare drops everywhere. Really easy to 5-star stuff and get lotsa drops so far.

Lol, I got Pulsework Knight and I only played the demo once. I figured monster drops were set on high for the demo since I had one of almost everything I fought. Guess it was ultra luck. PS3 version.

RPGCrazied

Wow. Took me 9:15 to beat that boss. 0 stars, lol. I just stayed in Delta Attack and potion healed.

Anyway. Man this area is so choppy. Could 720p be better? Or maybe its my monitor, I dunno.

Thoraxes

It's a very rare drop. I played the demo three times for several hours each play, and it never dropped for me. You can just ignore it until you get the fragment skill that lets you recruit monsters easier if it's taking you a while.

There is one GAFfer who got it, though. But they played through the demo 12 times, lol.

Meanwhile, I'm getting rare drops everywhere. Really easy to 5-star stuff and get lotsa drops so far.
I got it my first time through. Had no idea is was hard to obtain lol

mr. puppy

Banned
why does Serah have the crappiest walking + running animations they could possibly make? And why does nothing in this game make any fucking sense?

VertPin

Okay, so I got to
Ooerba
. I did
my first puzzle involving connecting the fragments...but is there supposed to be another one? I reached the end of the road, and I can't continue.

I've made it to the second area. So far, I'm enjoying the game. It's lovely to have the battle system back, and the monster stuff seems cool so far. I've only just started getting into that, though. The story is okay, so far. I did really like
the way NORA said goodbye to Serah. That stuff was pretty cute.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Goofy Movie fan with a Suikoden avatar. You are a wonderful person
:D

People who don't like the Goofy Movie don't know how to have fun.

"It's a promise a good friend made to me."

Damn, Snow, you've been downgraded bro.
She traded up, man.

Also, I can't really stand Team NORA outside of Lebreau. Outside of her dumb outfit, she seems okay. Naruto, the guy with the Sonic the Hedgehog haircut, and Wakka Redux aren't really that great. :/

Reveirg said:
Geez, it's also explained in-game by Lebreau. You know, an NPC you can talk to in a town, like everybody asked for. ;)
It doesn't explain why exactly people suddenly were able to use raw magic out of nowhere with concrete reasoning and detail, which was my issue, though... The Manadrives that the PSICOM soldiers used in FFXIII made sense because those guys could not use magic, period, and they developed the tech to use it.

Teknoman

Wow this is one of the most well made collectors editions i've ever purchased. Its got a sleeve within a sleeve, and then the fold out is pretty sturdy. The main sleeve as a really soft feel to it. Guess i'll mess with the soundtrack before playing.

Also anyone else think concept art Serah looks better than the final in game version?

Game is getting better as it goes. I kind of legitimately like it now. The biggest surprise is Noel. I don't dislike him much at all. In fact he's kind of the only character that isn't taking everything so super seriously and frequently makes fun of people after they got off on an over-dramatic showcase.

Babalu.

incase anyone hasn't seen, amazon has a $20 credit for ordering FFXIII-2 on 360 to match targets offer.

I preordered it and they only sent me $10 because thats what it was when I ordered.

So I talked to customer rep on live chat and he game me another code for $10.

Too bad they didn't match the soul calibur $20 too.

Amazon rocks once again.

As for the game, just got to the 1st time machine and liking it so far.

btw: for the crystarium

sereh = rav
noel = commando

right? Can't go wrong pumping those catagories for them right?

And one last question: are any achievements missable? I want to go through the game once only but would like to not look at the guide until after. is that possible?

Game is getting better as it goes. I kind of legitimately like it now. The biggest surprise is Noel. I don't dislike him much at all. In fact he's kind of the only character that isn't taking everything so super seriously and frequently makes fun of people after they got off on an over-dramatic showcase.

Yeah that cutscene with Alyassa was a bit much and then Noel was just like "eh you're alive, stop crying".

Grisby

Having a fun time so far. Quitting for the night. However, if that Mog starts talking beyond KUPO I might have to give him to a taxidermist.

So the one thing I am not really enjoying is controlling the camera. I mean, moving left and right is alright, but I guess I'm forcing it slightly vertical too much so the camera just charges into Serah.

I mean really, do I really need the camera to ram right into her?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Music is great so far. That vocal track in new bodum was nice. I'm trying to pay attention to the story somewhat, but I really disliked FFXIII's so I'll end up skipping scenes at some point.

Anyway, liking all the newer mechanics. Just go to the Historia Crux and everything mechanic wise is a improvement.

Top Bottom