• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
aceface said:
In FFXII the story is so bad it might as well be non-existent. FFXII is more accurately titled Final Fantasy: Monster Hunts. Which is fine if you like monster hunts but I like my garishly dressed soap opera heroes.

Yeah... the game would have been better off not being in the numbered series. They should have called it something else and added online play to be something like Phantasy Star Online.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
For all of the complaints re micromanaging gambits in FFXII, I spent far less time setting them up then I have setting up paradigms in FFXIII, if only for the fact that the latter doesn't remember my paradigm setups for various teams. How the hell did something as basic as saving paradigms get overlooked? -_-

badcrumble said:
I'm glad the stupid GAF FFXII hate could creep into the first week of FF13 discussion!

It's funny how every Final Fantasy thread becomes a FFXII hate thread. You just can't avoid it. It's so hard to fight, though... I had some fun with FFXII but it makes me really mad when I think of how much time I wasted playing it.

Shouta

Tathanen said:
I've never managed to make them do ANY meaningful damage. Is it like.. do you have to do their ultimate attack without doing their other ones first? I always use up my points down until 2-3 left then do the ultimate one. Is it stronger if I do it earlier in overdrive mode?

And by build up the bar to max, you mean the chain gauge on whatever enemy you're attacking, yeah?

It isn't stronger if you do their ultimate with more points left.

The key to making the most out of Summon/Eidolon damage is to build meter as much as possible just like you would for your three characters.

I'd typically build meter until just before Break then summon, proceed to break the enemy. In the Break status, build up as much meter as possible while the Summon has HP (and make sure the meter is running down slowly). Overdrive, get as close as possible to 1 (while the Break status is up) then Ultimate. It should do the most damage that.

Alex

aceface said:
I'm completely satisfied (with the story) thus far. The end of Chapter 9 was awesome. If you don't like the story in this game I can't see how you would have liked any Final Fantasy since FF5 (excepting 11 and 12 of course).

I'm not trying to sing the praises of the narrative in Final Fantasy games, it's all goofy guilty pleasure, some more than others, but there's a pretty large drop off in quality between most of the titles in this series and this.

I have extreme disdain for Nojima's work, but I really wished I had the soothing sounds of "Dumbapples", an Orphanage or a bad laughing scene when the same terminology was being repeated every other word in this go-nowhere plot.

This was already annoying BEFORE the really bad modern Game Arts-esque plot twist which just ramped it up.

I actually did like it early on, I was having fun.

I admit that but that was with the assumption that something was going to happen, that they would give one ounce of personality to this world they're caterwauling about saving. You got more out of Midgar from the first hour than you did twenty hours in Cocoon and I say this as someone who dislikes Final Fantasy VII. They took too much time just flinging you around.

You could argue that it's more of a character drama, sure, FFVI was a character drama, it's not foreign to the series, but again, you'd get more story, information, personality, etc out of a single flashback in that game than you did pretty much the entire game in FFXIII.

For as much talking as the characters insist on doing, they say very little, you know VERY little about any of them or their pasts or things that lead them to where they are today by the end of the game, compared to other entries, at least.

The narrative in XII sucks, you can see the forced additions, you can see where the conflicting happened, but what was there is still quite a lot better than what's here. Especially when go over the dialogue and the world structure and setup. The setups and styles are going to be personal preference, I dont mind this, I'm not going to bash people for what they're into, but there is a lot of objective differences as well

XI is still the best written in the series, a odd occurance that greatly amuses me to this day. XIV's background information looks to be even better with far more tribal fleshouts and background. Those games deserve the numbers more than the drunken stumbling the offline titles have been doing lately, that's for sure.

Anyhow, XIII isn't the worst story in the history of stories or anything, but it does squander so much screen time and waste a lot of initial good will. It's more aggrivating than bad and I will submit that the characters are a lot better than the last three entries from this time.

Vamphuntr

Finally beat it today. Battle system was very awesome probably the best of the FF serie. Graphics are really really great. Some area are the most beautiful I have seen in a game. Too bad that the pacing and story are absolutely terrible. If it weren't for Chapter 11 and it's open area, the game would have been a complete disaster. The economy is way too messed up. The only way to make decent amount of money is to get rare drops from insanely hard monster.

What is frustrating is that they had the potential to make it great. Why couldn't they use open area with cities to seperate dungeon? They clearly were able to make large open areas. I mean sure they wanted a cinematic feel but it didn't come out so well.

The dialogue is terrible. 95% of it is characters whinning about L'Cie, fal'cie, cocoon and pulse or cheering each others up. I'm not sure I understand the story. It mostly didn't make any sense.

There is definitly some balance problem too. In Chapter 13 I had a maxed crystallium and every fight were long and difficult. The CP obtained was pretty terrible too.

Story + Ending spoilers.

The party focus was ultimately to save cocoon right? The vision they had was not really of Ragnarok but of the fusion of Vanille and Fang? I taught Pulse and Cocoon were in war since the beginning of time. Why would a Pulse Fal'Cie wish to save Cocoon? The vision is clearly not of the demise of Orphen. In Oerba it is also mentionned that Vanille and Fang crystals were sealed in the Vestige in Cocoon to give them a second chance. Why did they get a second chance? Their focus was to destroy Cocoon, they clearly failed the first time. Why did everyone revert from their crystal form at the end except Vanille and Fang? I still fail to see why they did the track to Oerba, how should anyone know anything about removing brands? Clearly they didn't know how to during Vanille's era. The fact that Cid and Rosh knew all about the Fal'cie evil plan made the thing even less believable. They also said that destroying Orphen will also prevent the others cocoon's fal'cie from working. Guess they will all die of starvation. I don't see their soliders fightning the stuff Gran Pulse for food.

I'll go back to grinding to complete the 64 missions. Just beat mission 55 with the ''cheap'' death strategy. The growth egg should speed things up nicely. I do really enjoy these missions. They saved the game for me.

Alex said:
I'm not trying to sing the praises of the narrative in Final Fantasy games, but there's a pretty large drop off in quality between most of the titles in this series and this.

I have extreme disdain for Nojima's work, but I really wished I had the soothing sounds of "Dumbapples", an Orphanage or a bad laughing scene when the same terminology was being repeated every other word in this go-nowhere plot.

This was already annoying BEFORE the really bad modern Game Arts-esque plot twist which just ramped it up.

I actually did like it early on, I was having fun, I admit that but that was with the assumption that something was going to happen, that they would give one ounce of personality to this world they're caterwauling about saving. You got more out of Midgar from the first hour than you did twenty hours in Cocoon and I say this as someone who dislikes Final Fantasy VII.

You could argue that it's more of a character drama, sure, FFVI was a character drama, it's not foreign to the series, but again, you'd get more story, information, personality, etc out of a single flashback in that game than you did pretty much the entire game in FFVII. For as much talking as the characters insist on doing, they say very little, you know VERY little about any of them or their pasts or things that lead them to where they are today by the end of the game.

The narrative in XII sucks, you can see the forced additions, you can see where the conflicting happened, but what was there is still quite a lot better than what's here. Especially when go over the dialogue and the world structure and setup.

XI is still the best written in the series, a fact that greatly amuses me to this day. XIV's background information looks to be even better with far more tribal fleshouts and background. Those games deserve the numbers more than the drunken stumbling the offline titles have been doing lately, that's for sure.

No way XII's narrative is better than XIII's (still only 12 hours in but it's already miles better) ... you're gonna be alone arguing that one.

Edit: Haha... well it seems you have a buddy right after your post. lol

BTW: Who else is pissed that the Gooch's next big title is for the Wii? Argh...

Duki

Banned
you guys like your final fantasies to have stories? then why the fuck is anyone enjoying ffxiii?

the first eight chapters of ffxiii are literally the same chase scene ad nauseam, with "character development" (to be extremely generous) occurring instead of plot development when you walk to the next arbitrarily chosen cut scene spot. literally nothing happens. you just get chased and run away from PSICOM, or get chased while running towards PSICOM. the first thing that actually happens after becoming a l'cie at the start of the game occurs in chapter nine, and even then it was a twist that everyone saw coming from a mile away. and then chapter ten starts, and the boss' speech and betrayal is meant to be epic or meaningful, when you've literally only seen this guy twice so far in the game. was fucking laughable.

i don't understand how people can bitch about ffxii being empty, when the first half of ffxiii is literally an insipid chase scene.

maybe because the game isn't yelling at them to run forward constantly. but RUN AWAY isn't a plot.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Shouta said:
Summons do massive amounts of free damage in overdrive mode if you build the bar up to 999% or whatever is max (forgot). It'll be the first thing to break the damage limit if done properly. It also revives dead members and heals them up to max.

There is a bar to fill?

Alex

but RUN AWAY isn't a plot.

C'mon man! You have a Terminator avatar! Terminator 1! Running away can be cool when it's done right!

But yeah I already did my big spiel on the plot, I did like the characters more than the ones in other Nomura fronted titles, but the actual plot really dissapointed me when it seemed kind of interesting initially.

For all my ranting, I still had fun though, I do need to say that. I dont wanna be the guy to take wind out of anyones sails. That's not cool.

Vamphuntr

FTWer said:
There is a bar to fill?

The stagger gauge. The yellow bar. Usually RAV will up the percentage quickly but do low damage while COM will do big damage but will not increase stagger much (they only slow down it's reset speed). The higher the stagger percentage the more damage you will do. The best strategy to inflict maxium damage is to build up the gauge to 999% and to use a summon best ability or Fang's Highwind ability (If you have a Genji gloves you will do insane amout of damage).

Behemoths are the worst enemy design in the game; its unfair that when they stand on their hind legs they can recover all of their HP again. It is impossible to get a preemptive start against them in all situtations which makes it more annoying.

Alex

Eh, I got pre emptive starts on a few Behemoths. Worst case, you can pop the dec...des...the item that makes em not detect you.

Vamphuntr

Dedication Through Light said:
Behemoths are the worst enemy design in the game; its unfair that when they stand on their hind legs they can recover all of their HP again. It is impossible to get a preemptive start against them in all situtations which makes it more annoying.

You can have preemptive stike using Deceptisol... To kill them quickly spam curse then keep attacking them. Curse will cause them to cancel their action while they are attacked. It's the best way to kill behemoth if you have to fight them in chapter 11.

Dead

well not really...yet
Dedication Through Light said:
?

Ive never fought a behemoth without a pre-emptive strike. Its not that hard to just walk up behind them...unless you are talking about a different behemoth beyond those in chapters 1-11

dramatis

aceface said:
I disagree, I like my Final Fantasy games to have stories. As for FFXIII I just started chapter 10 and I'm completely satisfied (with the story) thus far. The end of Chapter 9 was awesome. If you don't like the story in this game I can't see how you would have liked any Final Fantasy since FF5 (excepting 11 and 12 of course). What you get in this game is really par for the course in this series.

You fall in the same trap as most other people. Good characters =/= good story. I don't know how you can think 9 is awesome when it was some dumb villain dropping in making you fight a useless boss fight and then spewing exposition everywhere.

Jeels

dramatis said:
You fall in the same trap as most other people. Good characters =/= good story. I don't know how you can think 9 is awesome when it was some BLAH BLAH BLAH IM NOT CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS.

Except this game has a good story too. The premise, the story, cough, the situation the characters are in mixed with their believability is what makes the entire thing good. Also, spoiler alert dude.

aceface

Duki said:
you guys like your final fantasies to have stories? then why the fuck is anyone enjoying ffxiii?

the first eight chapters of ffxiii are literally the same chase scene ad nauseam, with "character development" (to be extremely generous) occurring instead of plot development when you walk to the next arbitrarily chosen cut scene spot. literally nothing happens. you just get chased and run away from PSICOM, or get chased while running towards PSICOM. the first thing that actually happens after becoming a l'cie at the start of the game occurs in chapter nine, and even then it was a twist that everyone saw coming from a mile away. and then chapter ten starts, and the boss' speech and betrayal is meant to be epic or meaningful, when you've literally only seen this guy twice so far in the game. was fucking laughable.

i don't understand how people can bitch about ffxii being empty, when the first half of ffxiii is literally an insipid chase scene.

maybe because the game isn't yelling at them to run forward constantly. but RUN AWAY isn't a plot.

There's character building during those parts. I really enjoyed the interactions between Snow and Lightning and Sazh and Vanille...Hope and Fang I could take or leave but whatever. The characters drew me in and made me care about the game. I didn't really care about any of the FFXII characters and as a result I didn't really care about the plot or story. It was all so wooden. That's not to say I disliked FFXII, I put like 112 hours in to the game, but for me it was FF:Monster Hunts. After all the monster hunts when I actually beat the final boss I didn't know wtf was going on, and I didn't care. I still had fun with the game, but on the basis of its battle system and gameplay only.

Like I said, I'm only on chapter 10 so I don't know where the story is going. But my favorite game in the series is FF8, where the story is based on character growth rather than a bigger plot. I like going on a journey with the characters over a long game and seeing how they change. And as we all know, the actual story in FF8 was kind of a mess.

Vamphuntr

dramatis said:
You fall in the same trap as most other people. Good characters =/= good story. I don't know how you can think 9 is awesome when it was some dumb villain dropping in making you fight a useless boss fight and then spewing exposition everywhere.

I liked FF9 story. It had a bunch of villains and a good cast of characters. Characters had more to say than oh no L'cie, fal'cie, cocoon, pulse, we are gonna fail, we can do it. It's plot was way more structured too. Villains were integrated too the plot and the bad guys directly affected the characters. Vivi was heart broken at how were treated the other black mages. Garnet was betrayed by her mother who wanted her eidolon. The whole thing had a nice pace too.

FF13 is truly awful in that regard. To break the pace of the ''plot'' which consist of running away for like 3/4 of the game. You get dumb cutscenes where characters whines. I was not really fond of any of them. They force some party member family into the plot only to make you concerned of them and they failed at it The real bad guy is only introduced very far in the game and have very little exposition. The others bad guy are all really dumb anyway and not really threatning.

Duki

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
I liked FF9 story. It had a bunch of villains and a good cast of characters. Characters had more to say than oh no L'cie, fal'cie, cocoon, pulse, we are gonna fail, we can do it. It's plot was way more structured too. Villains were integrated too the plot and the bad guys directly affected the characters. Vivi was heart broken at how were treated the other black mages. Garnet was betrayed by her mother who wanted her eidolon. The whole thing had a nice pace too.

FF13 is truly awful in that regard. To break the pace of the ''plot'' which consist of running away for like 3/4 of the game. You get dumb cutscenes where characters whines. I was not really fond of any of them. They force some party member family into the plot only to make you concerned of them and they failed at it The real bad guy is only introduced very far in the game and have very little exposition. The others bad guy are all really dumb anyway and not really threatning.

i think he meant chapter 9 lol

dramatis

Jeels said:
Except this game has a good story too. The premise, the story, cough, the situation the characters are in mixed with their believability is what makes the entire thing good. Also, spoiler alert dude.

Jeels. The story doesn't exist before chapter 9. Perhaps this isn't the place where we can discuss this properly, but the story is nothing to call good. The premise behind the actual plot is also shoddy, and "believeable" characters are hardly also immediate qualification for "good" characters. They can even be good characters, but they're nothing to talk much about and never going to be the kinds of characters people put forward as great characters. They lack inspiring qualities.

There's nothing to spoil alert there, it's not that important. I didn't name the villain, I just gave a cursory description of the event. If that is a spoiler, then I worry about you.

dramatis

Vamphuntr said:

...I was referring to chapter 9. :D

OK so I am only in the middle of chapter 11, but one of my friends just informed me that the last boss (SPOILER--only read if you have beaten the game--)
makes no sense and is as dumb as Necron in FF9--which, my God, must be pretty dumb. I have a certain guess who this might be, since the story seems to be going around this structure, but *WITHOUT SPOILING*, can someone agree or disagree? Is the final boss nonsensical? Should I not waste my time thinking of a logical last boss? :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dramatis said:
Jeels. The story doesn't exist before chapter 9. Perhaps this isn't the place where we can discuss this properly, but the story is nothing to call good. The premise behind the actual plot is also shoddy, and "believeable" characters are hardly also immediate qualification for "good" characters. They can even be good characters, but they're nothing to talk much about and never going to be the kinds of characters people put forward as great characters. They lack inspiring qualities.

There's nothing to spoil alert there, it's not that important. I didn't name the villain, I just gave a cursory description of the event. If that is a spoiler, then I worry about you.

I blame Toriyama.

Vamphuntr

FateBreaker said:
OK so I am only in the middle of chapter 11, but one of my friends just informed me that the last boss (SPOILER--only read if you have beaten the game--)
makes no sense and is as dumb as Necron in FF9--which, my God, must be pretty dumb. I have a certain guess who this might be, since the story seems to be going around this structure, but *WITHOUT SPOILING*, can someone agree or disagree? Is the final boss nonsensical? Should I not waste my time thinking of a logical last boss? :D

No spoilers about the boss identity but just to be careful

The final boss is not out of the blue. They will mention him through chapters 11 to 13. I cannot really say much without spoiling it though. He is a necron in a way, because you don't really meet him until the end.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This isn't a spoiler right? Design elements?

Just got to Ch 12, why the hell couldn't the rest of the game look like this ... like 30 something hours ago.

There's actual lighting and the colors aren't dull! o:

Vamphuntr

Anyone have a good CP farming technique for post game content? I have the CP x 2 item but I'm wondering where I can get the maximum CP in the shortest amount of time.

I checked faqs for the Japanese Version but the best farming technique doesn't work anymore in the english one. The monster you could kill over and over can no longer be preemptive striked at all (even with deceptisol).

Styles

hateradio said:

Just got to Ch 12, why the hell couldn't the rest of the game look like this ... like 30 something hours ago.

'
Favourite stage in the entire game. <3 Though I disagree with the game having dull colours.

~Kinggi~

Banned
hateradio said:

Huh? Im on Chapter 7, and even though im not crazy about what they have done to Final Fantasy, the game has featured a great amount of amazing and colorful looking locations...

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
~Kinggi~ said:
Huh? Im on Chapter 7, and even though im not crazy about what they have done to Final Fantasy, the game has featured a great amount of amazing and colorful looking locations...
They may be a little colorful, but not like this. Contrast and bloom :lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
I have a hunt related Q;

I'm trying to do hunt 27 at Taejins Tower but when I get to the ground floor I can't get to the centre to activate the scene/fight/battle etc...so anyone got a clue on how I can go about this?

Volcynika

Beat the game earlier (~44 hours) thanks to dramatis recommendation for my strategy to change! Cool ending, now just gotta sit back from the game and not binge on it while I do the sidequests.

I have a hunt related Q;

I'm trying to do hunt 27 at Taejins Tower but when I get to the ground floor I can't get to the centre to activate the scene/fight/battle etc...so anyone got a clue on how I can go about this?

Ride the elevator from the top floor to the bottom in one shot. I messed this up too! :lol

scotcheggz

I translated some information on weapon upgrades for Lightnings swords a few pages back and said that I would translate the other characters too. I found a bunch of scans of the guide though that actually had a lot of the information in it, so I decided not to translate all of the information, but the guide is lacking a really important piece of information, the amount of XP each weapon needs to reach its maximum level. I translated that from a Japanese wiki, since I think it is really really helpful as it allows you to work out exactly how much of anything you need to buy/farm and you dont waste any money. It also helps if you just want to one-shot a weapon to max.

Hope you find it useful, format is (Name > Name = XP TO MAX).

NUMBERS INCOMING!!

Lightning:

Blazefire > Flamberge = 24,600
Flamberge > Omega Weapon = 445,950
Omega Weapon MAX = 1,296,897

Axis Blade > Enkindler = 66,750
Enkindler > Omega Weapon = 280,830
Omega Weapon MAX = 1,380,087

Edged Carbine > Razor Carbine = 33,000
Razor Carbine > Omega Weapon = 437,550
Omega Weapon MAX = 1,296,897

Lifesaber > Peacemaker = 70,850
Peacemaker > Omega Weapon = 236,350
Omega Weapon MAX = 1,460,247

Gladius > Helter-Skelter = 54,800
Helter-Skelter > Omega Weapon = 332,560

Organyx > Apocalypse = 20,100
Apocalypse > Omega Weapon = 232,220
Omega Weapon MAX = 1,514,127

Hauteclaire > Durandal = 54,800
Durandal > Omega Weapon = 332,560

Lionheart > Ultima Weapon = 63,060
Ultima Weapon > Omega Weapon = 221,900
Omega Weapon MAX = 1,482,487

Sahz:

Vega 42s > Altairs = 24,600
Altairs > Total Eclipses = 445,950
Total Eclipses MAX = 1,551,723

Spica Defenders > Sirius Defenders = 66,750
Sirius Defenders > Total Eclipses = 218,210

Deneb Duellers > Canopus AMPs = 33,000
Canopus AMPs > Total Eclipses = 437,550

Rigels > Polaris Specials = 54,800
Polaris Specials > Total Eclipses = 332,560
Total Eclipses MAX = 1,634,913

Aldebarans > Sadalmeliks = 20,100
Sadalmeliks > Total Eclipses = 233,220
Total Eclipses MAX = 1,768,953

Pleiades Hi-Powers > Hyades Magnums = 33,000
Hyades Magnums > Total Eclipses = 437,550

Antares Deluxes > Fomalhaut Elites = 38,040
Fomalhaut ELites > Total Eclipses = 153,000
Total Eclipses MAX = 1,831,233

Procyons > Betelgeuse Customs = 63,060
Betelgeuse Customs > Total Eclipses = 243,740
Total Eclipses MAX = 1,715,473

Snow:

Wild Bear > Feral Pride = 24,600
Feral Pride > Save The Queen = 445,950
Save The Queen MAX = 1,246,803

Paladin > Winged Saint = 66,750
Winged Saint > Save The Queen = 218,210
Save The Queen MAX = 1,432,393

Rebel Heart > Warriors Emblem = 38,040
Warriors Emblem > Save The Queen = 153,000
Save The Queen MAX = 1,526,313

Power Circle > Battle Standard = 89,700
Battle Standard > Save The Queen = 476,940
Save The Queen MAX = 1,150,713

Feymark > Soul Blazer = 38,040
Soul Blazer > Save The Queen = 153,000

Sacrificial Circle > Indomitus = 89,700
Indomitus > Save The Queen = 476,940
Save The Queen MAX = 1,150,713

Unsetting Sun > Midnight Sun = 33,000
Midnight Sun > Save The Queen = 437,550
Save The Queen MAX = 1,246,803

Umbra > Solaris = 66,750
Solaris > Save The Queen = 280,830

Hope:

Airwing > Skycutter = 22,440
Skycutter > Nue = 168,600
Nue MAX = 1,364,052

Hawkeye > Eagletalon = 33,000
Eagletalon > Nue = 437,550
Nue MAX = 1,084,542

Otshirvani > Urubutsin = 66,750
Urubutsin > Nue = 221,600
Nue MAX = 1,270,132

Ninurta > Jatayu = 33,000
Jatayu > Nue = 437,550
Nue MAX = 1,084,542

Vidofnir > Hresvelgr = 66,750
Hresvelgr > Nue = 221,600
Nue MAX = 1,270,132

Simurgh > Tezcaltlipoca = 38,040
Tezcaltlipoca > Nue = 153,000
Nue MAX = 1,364,052

Malphas > Nabarius = 33,000
Nabarius > Nue = 437,550
Nue MAx = 1,084,542

Alicanto > Caladrius = 54,800
Caladrius > Nue = 332,560
Nue MAX = 1,167,732

Vanille:

Binding Rod > Hunters Rod = 24,600
Hunters Rod > Nirvana = 445,950
Nirvana MAX = 1,393,818

Tigerclaw > Wyrmfang = 20,100
Wyrnfang > Nirvana = 233,220
Nirvana MAX = 1,611,048

Healers Staff > Physicians Staff = 63,750
Physicians Staff > Nirvana = 217,410
Nirvana MAX = 1,583,208

Pearlwing Staff > Brightwing Staff = 33,000
Brightwing Staff > Nirvana = 437,550
Nirvana MAX = 1,393,818

Rod Of Thorns > Orochi Rod = 33,000
Orochi Rod > Nirvana = 437,550
Nirvana MAX = 1,393,818

Mistilteim > Erinyes Cane = 66,750
Erinyes Cane > Nirvana = 218,210
Nirvana MAX = 1,579,408

Belladonna Wand > Malboro Wand = 38,040
Malboro Wand > Nirvana = 153,000
Nirvana MAX = 1,673,328

Heavenly Axis > Abraxes = 54,800
Abraxes > Nirvana = 332,560
Nirvana MAX = 1,477,008

Fang:

Bladed Lance > Glaive = 24,600
Glaive > Kains Lance = 445,950
Kains Lance MAX = 1,299,075

Dragoon Lance > Dragonhorn = 38,040
Dragonhorn > Kains Lance = 152,640
Kains Lance MAX = 1,578,945

Partisan > Rhomphaia = 33,000
Romphaia > Kains Lance = 274,350
Kains Lance MAX = 1,462,275

Shamanic Spear > Heretics Halberd = 38,040
Heretics Halnerd > Kains Lance = 153,000
Kains Lance MAX = 1,578,945

Punisher > Banescissor Spear = 70,850
Banescissor Spear > Kains Lance = 214,110
Kains Lance MAX = 1,484,665

Pandoran Spear > Calamity Spear = 70,850
Calamity Spear > Kains Lance = 236,350
Kains Lance MAX = 1,462,425

Taming Pole > Venus Gospel = 54,800
Venus Gospel > Kains Lance = 332,560
Kains Lance MAX = 1,382,265

Gae Bolg > Gungnir = 70,850
Gungnir > Kains Lance = 214,110
Kains Lance MAX = 1,484,665

If you are interested in the scans with the weapon stats, I found them in ps3trophies forum on google search.

7Th

dramatis said:

I don't think "inspiring qualities" are necessary characteristics of a great character. A great character just needs coherent, well-defined traits and, depending in the sort of story you're trying to tell, some sort of familiarity.

Regardless, considering FFXIII's characters great characters is still a stretch,
although maybe the little quirks added to them by fanon makes them so.

Meier

Can anyone explain what raising a role's level does? I don't seem to notice a difference...is it just a part of working towards the achievement?

scotcheggz

Vamphuntr said:
This FAQ http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/950899/58716 has all data for every weapons. Some catalyst name are in japanese but they also provide a store list so it's easy to see which one it is.

Oh yeh :lol I didn't look through any full on guides, since I have been trying to avoid spoilers. OH WELL!

Does anyone know of any spoiler free mission guides? I've been following this one, which was awesome, but it stops at mission 30 :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've been wondering about the story from Chapter 1-8

Was it basically run away from the Sanctum and reflect on your actions?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ULTROS! said:
I've been wondering about the story from Chapter 1-8

Was it basically run away from the Sanctum and reflect on your actions?

In the end, it all didn't matter...

Meier said:
Can anyone explain what raising a role's level does? I don't seem to notice a difference...is it just a part of working towards the achievement?

I was thinking the same thing. So far I can only guess u need it to advance to the next level of the role.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari said:
In the end, it all didn't matter...

Wow :lol

Seriously Toriyama, don't be the scenarist for the next FF ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom