• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddlyD

Banned
chapter 11, mission 16. the first b mission
it's like 2 big sahagin and 4 small ones
; another vertical wall of difficulty. i've gotten up to 16, in fact i even did 17 and 20, without much trouble, but 16 is a meat grinder in which i'm not even close to getting under control much less beating. do i have to grind the crystarium for this one?

also, where is the best place to grind cp in gran pulse for someone of my ermmmm level?

Le-mo

Ugh...i am tired of this two party crew. it was fun for awhile but now its just a annoying And Vanille voice is ruining the experience for me

Nose Master said:
Are there any recent podcast episodes that actually talk about this game? I haven't heard anything really besides "MAN THIS IS SO LINEAR I HATE RPGS WHERES THE GUNS" in anything yet :(

I don't even mind that part it's the story that bothers me or perhaps a better term is does NOT bother me. I don't give a shit about any of these people. The combat and visuals are what is carrying it for me. Story is so weak.

Meier said:
Ugghhhh, Chapter 9 boss just keeps freaking beating me. I was doing well and then all the sudden he busts out Doom. Died two times now with him still having about 100k HP left. I did just find out that if you keep wailing away when he is raring up for Destrudo that it'll stop him which should help on my next try...

I wish someone other than Sazh had Haste available. :(

make sure everyone is at full health when he starts destrudo.

Then I nailed him with Com/Rav/Rav to build up the gauge.

immediatle switch to Sen/Med/Med when Destrudo pops.

Get everyone out of the red. Switch to Com/Rav/Med.

Hopefully stagger by then.

Com/Com/Med if you still need heals while he's staggered.
Com/Com/Rav if you don't need heals while he's staggered.

Repeat.

Ricker

DoctorWho said:
FUCK!!! Still can't beat chapter 10 boss!! It's been a week! Can someone come over and do it for me?

I`ll just say Odin saved my ass on that one...if you are talking about the Boss before the Eidolon...

IrishNinja

zero margin said:
I don't even mind that part it's the story that bothers me or perhaps a better term is does NOT bother me. I don't give a shit about any of these people. The combat and visuals are what is carrying it for me. Story is so weak.

man. im not yet done, but completely disagree here.
unlike the usual FF, there's not as many groupies/hanger-ons that i have no idea why they're there. even the characters others find annoying (van, snow, etc) are at least compelling enough that i dont mind them, and the character moments are way better than ive gotten from the series in years (and i adored XII), shit like
Sazh with a gun to vanille's head scene was awesome
. plot's holding up,
kinda did the usual final fantasy 4th quarter metaphysical changeup but that's par for the course, i expected it and it wasnt VIII level bad either so far.

like with XII, i hear/read stuff like this and wonder why im playing such a different game. if this is your first final fantasy, i get it, but ive played almost all the others, and this is raising the bar for me in other areas than just presentation.

ElFly

DoctorWho said:
FUCK!!! Still can't beat chapter 10 boss!! It's been a week! Can someone come over and do it for me?

If you still have shrouds, use one here.

Use a summon when the boss has little energy cause he can heal himself.

Kazenone

bigdaddygamebot said:
make sure everyone is at full health when he starts destrudo.

Then I nailed him with Com/Rav/Rav to build up the gauge.

immediatle switch to Sen/Med/Med when Destrudo pops.

Get everyone out of the red. Switch to Com/Rav/Med.

Hopefully stagger by then.

Com/Com/Med if you still need heals while he's staggered.
Com/Com/Rav if you don't need heals while he's staggered.

Repeat.
I'd recommend going for SEN/RAV/RAV or COM/RAV/RAV when Destrudo starts. It has a long casting time and his Stagger goes back down to 0% when he uses it, make the most of that time and try to Stagger him. Switch to SEN/MED/MED a second or two before he uses it and heal up.

You could also use an Eidolon to take one Destrudo, and if you're sneaky you can Gestalt Mode just as he's doing it and avoid it altogether. :p

zero margin said:

isn't this every Final Fantasy after FF VII? (Save FF IX because it was fuck-awesome, every aspect of it)

Hyunkel6

DoctorWho said:
Kinda obvious, but I know some people don't do it: When he is in guard mode, debuff/buff/heal like crazy.

Kazenone

Hyunkel6 said:
Kinda obvious, but I know some people don't do it: When he is in guard mode, debuff/buff/heal like crazy.

I found it much more efficient to get his Stagger up with RAV/RAV/COM during this time; it's practically a free-pass as he just stands there. Heal up when he's out of Guard since he's buffed up anyway.

Ricker

Hyunkel6 said:

Yep and time your Odin for when he is staggered,use the X auto battle for him in Gelstat mode and if the Boss has about 1/4 of life left when you start all that,he`s dead,that`s how I got him.

Nose Master

zero margin said:

Yeah, I know. I wasn't trying to imply it's perfect, but something beyond "EH I HAVENT PLAYED AN RPG SINCE THE AMIGA DAYS WHEN THEY WERE PURE" would be nice.

rusashi

Neo Member
Chapter 13 thoughts
FUCK THE MINI BOSSES, the sword thing took me so many tries, and I fought the Proudclad clone for like half an hour

Amir0x

Banned
well at least chapter 9 was good for pointlessly grinding out bullshit. I got Helter-Skelter up to like lvl 35 now. Tons of incentive chips everywhere.

Thank you to everyone who gave me tips on the ch 11 end boss. They worked. :)

But now I'm stuck again - ch 12 end boss!

Seriously ever since the end boss of ch 9, the difficulty took a ridiculously high turn. And the enemies in ch 12 are SOOOOO annoying. They don't even give good exp!

Firestorm

Amir0x said:
well at least chapter 9 was good for pointlessly grinding out bullshit. I got Helter-Skelter up to like lvl 35 now. Tons of incentive chips everywhere.
I haven't done any upgrading. Does it make you significantly stronger? I heard I shouldn't until some certain chapter but now I forgot what it is... Just reached Chapter 9.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Firestorm said:
I haven't done any upgrading. Does it make you significantly stronger? I heard I shouldn't until some certain chapter but now I forgot what it is... Just reached Chapter 9.

Just upgrade Lightning's weapon and everything will be okay.

Amir0x

Banned
Firestorm said:

Well, just be prepared when you go from Gradius lvl 26 to Helter-Skelter lvl 19. You drop in stats until you build a few levels on Helter-Skelter.

But outside of that initial little dip in the boat, it has dramatically increased the damage per hit. I think I was going from like Gradius lvl 12 which got me like 900hp attacks to 1800hp attacks now on the same enemies, for example. It cost a shitload of money though and I'm sure once I hit chapter 11 there will be faster and more efficient ways to do this.

vMaxx

HELP!!! Is there anyway to go back to the central hub of the game in order to power up my team? I'm currently at the chapter 11.I want to go back but i dont want to backtrack!

Kagari said:
Whew. Got a low number on the CE guide... #3,629.

I wonder what the lowest is so far? Mine was #95,000 something or other. I have another one sealed at my office that I put on Amazon marketplace.... I almost want to open it and see if it's lower than mine :D

But then if I do of course it will be #209,999 :lol

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
vMaxx said:
I mean the place that the game stops to be linear for the first time.The green field
Depending on what missions you've done, you can use Waystones to get there.

DigitalDevil said:
I wonder what the lowest is so far? Mine was #95,000 something or other. I have another one sealed at my office that I put on Amazon marketplace.... I almost want to open it and see if it's lower than mine :D

You have to open it to find out? Hrm, that's not going to happen ...

Giolon

vMaxx said:
HELP!!! Is there anyway to go back to the central hub of the game in order to power up my team? I'm currently at the chapter 11.I want to go back but i dont want to backtrack!

If you haven't been doing missions in Chapter 11
to unlock the teleport network,
then you're gonna be walkin'...

Amir0x

Banned
DigitalDevil said:

FFXIIIAmir0x.jpg

oh well. Can't win 'em all. Sure this thing won't be worth much anyway with 200,000 copies around.

*shrug*

vMaxx

hateradio said:
Yeah, I think outside
the tower
there is one, or you can also just run back which you don't want to do.
No thank you.I dont want to backtrack half of the game.Thanx for the info!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what, so you're just going to cast Doom and end the battle, Chapter 9 boss?

Fuck that.

I need a good strategy to beat this guy quickly, or I'm fucking done. I love so much about this game but I will not tolerate cheap tactics like fucking Doom. This is bullshit.

Peff

Rez said:

Fuck that.

I need a good strategy to beat this guy quickly, or I'm fucking done. I love so much about this game but I will not tolerate cheap tactics like fucking Doom. This is bullshit.

If he casts Doom he is about to go down, so try to attack even more and heal with TP abilities. Try to go faster at the beginning too because if you fight quickly he won't even cast it.

Rez said:

Fuck that.

ok I thought your were talking about another boss, chap 9 boss, take out his shell first, and go offensive on him, keep attacking him to lesson his charge shot, if you keep hitting him he makes a grunt sound indicating he will take less away with the charge shot.

Fuck yeah. Hit chp. 12 and found a weapon upgrade guide and quickly hit the max tier 2 level for 4 of my main characters. Now comes the horrible climb up to being able to afford that fucking 12million gil transformational component.

Any tips on what to farm gil from?

can anyone tell me about collecting all the weapons and accessories in the game... how many are permanently missable? or can you go back later to get any that you missed? im worried that i might find myself wanting to get the platinum trophy, only to realize i missed some useless weapon in an early chapter in an area i cant go back to...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rez said:

Fuck that.

I'm dealing with the same thing as you and I have been trying to beat this f-ng boss since yesterday. Besides chapter 6 this has been the only thing I have hated about the game so far and if I can't beat this boss how the hell will I beat the chapter 10 boss :lol :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Peff said:
If he casts Doom he is about to go down, so try to attack even more and heal with TP abilities. Try to go faster at the beginning too because if you fight quickly he won't even cast it.
dreamer3kx said:
ok I thought your were talking about another boss, chap 9 boss, take out his shell first, and go offensive on him, keep attacking him to lesson his charge shot, if you keep hitting him he makes a grunt sound indicating he will take less away with the charge shot.
Thanks, I didn't realise this I can attack him to lessen his charge shot.

I'm fighting with Lightning, Snow and Vanille, by the way. Any suggestions?

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
God damn, just read it's worthwhile to dismantle (some of?) your weapons... BUT to dismantle them only after you upgraded them???

I also still haven't figured out if there is an advantage of of upgrading any of the weapons other than the ones with the highest strength or Magic attack power.

I'm at the Tower in chapter 11 & have NO money, with nothing to sell worth of value & have no idea on where to grind for money. I splurged all my gil on 3 weapons to level 2 & a gold bangle in chapter 9 & haven't got more than 300 gil since!

Seriously, what the hell.

If there is one thing that they fucked up more than anything (which is saying something), it is the weapon upgrade system.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Rez said:

Protip: if he casts Doom, cast your summons at the very last seconds & it will negate the death effect.

Oli

Rez said:

I used Light/Vanille/Hope

Keet stat boosts up by switching to a paradigm with Syn in it. Just alternate between three levels of paradigms to stay alive. One for all out attacks, start with a com to slow down the stagger bar, then all three on rav to build it up quickly. Second one for attacking and healing, I put in a com rav and med. Third one for all out healing up for when things are getting crazy, for this I suggest two meds and one syn to rebuild stat boosts.

Hopefully that helps.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oli said:
I used Light/Vanille/Hope

Keet stat boosts up by switching to a paradigm with Syn in it. Just alternate between three levels of paradigms to stay alive. One for all out attacks, start with a com to slow down the stagger bar, then all three on rav to build it up quickly. Second one for attacking and healing, I put in a com rav and med. Third one for all out healing up for when things are getting crazy, for this I suggest two meds and one syn to rebuild stat boosts.

Hopefully that helps.
Thanks, I was doing something similar as far as aggressive attacks are concerned (Relentless Assault -> Tri-Disaster), except without a Syn in my deck.

I must have been taking too long healing/using SEN post-charge attack. Thanks for the advice.

Oli

Rez said:
Thanks, I was doing something similar as far as aggressive attacks are concerned (Relentless Assault -> Tri-Disaster), except without a Syn in my deck.

I must have been taking too long healing/using SEN post-charge attack. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, it's best to keep this fight moving quickly, because if you take too much time healing you'll get caught in a slew of attacks and never get a chance to return to attacking. That's what happened to me on my second try. First try I just took too long in general and forgot to redo the stat boosts, and lightning got dead in one shot.

He's really not such a hard boss if you rush him though, so just keep at it.

DigitalDevil said:

There are some pretty low ones on the topics on amazon's site. Wouldnt all be equally worth the same no matter the value if it is 210,000 worldwide (I also cant imagine many being resold).

ok, never in my life i have ever finishes a FF game but FF13 seems to be the first one that i'll finish, i think part of the reason is that previous FF game's graphic is below my standard so it never turn me on to finish it:lol , but this game graphic is gorgeous (ps3 version) and apart from Lightning's jaggy hair everything is beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom