• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Got the game (Xbox 360)..got the guide (limited edition)..registered the game, got my 2 avatar items.

Guide looks awesome and pretty (57,710 / 210,000 is my number)..Game discs are stacked, but no problem there's no inside art in the case (as expected), but each disc is white with a blue-ish character/face pic. Booklet is fat and full color. Cover is shiny, not as shiny as others..more subtle which is nice.

Game is..wow..looks great, pretty, clean. Satisfied with the voice acting, since I never heard them talk, like Vanille's voice after all this years seeign pics of her (as Nomchan)..and the oher characters too (really like Snow and his fists-oriented battle style). The battle system so far is fun and more simple than I expected (since the pics with al lthe menus scared me a little ;p)

Oh! and the little pictures when they talk around are in there, unlike what was mentioned in the other thread. Love the regular battle music also.

More than satisfied with everything, and way exceeded my expectations. Hope it holds them for the remaining 40+ hours or so. :)

Gwanatu T

kinggroin said:
took a pic with the cosplay yuna chick mentioned a few posts ago. not sure why she chose yuna for a 13 launch. maybe she didnt have outfits with enough belts and buckles.

She looks familiar. Do I know her?

Foxix Von

I've barely put in any time with this and I'm freaking in love. I wish I didn't have to work today :lol

Most fun I've ever had playing a final fantasy game and Snow is nowhere near as annoying as I thought he would be.

I think I *gasp* actually like him!?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Castor Krieg said:
He needs to do the opposite.
Shiva cannot get provoked. He needs to time the Guard so that the Eidolon will hit him while he is guarding

Provoke raises the drive meter (at least it did in the JP version). Do a combination of that and Defender Guard, and you have a full drive meter in half the time.

Zoe

Kagari said:
Hmm, I never really paid attention :lol

It appears to be a set amount. Even if you fight an enemy that summons other enemies endlessly, the amount stays the same.

Dragon

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
That this game was going to massive sales, way beyond the typical expectation of a JRPG in the United States.

It's FF, isn't it the best selling jRPG franchise in the US?

Tamanon

Banned
thetrin said:
Provoke raises the drive meter (at least it did in the JP version). Do a combination of that and Defender Guard, and you have a full drive meter in half the time.

Well...
When you libra them, it says they're immune to provoke. I just did Auto-Cover the whole time and squeaked it out

fernoca

Also love the fact that HP is fully restored after battle...well at least for now, don't know if it changes later. :lol

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Ah the joys of being a hardcore gamer. Told myself, that I shouldn't buy this...Yeah...right.

Anyway, I love FFVIII and I think that FFX2 is totally better than FFX, so I guess I should be okay with XIII. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Tamanon said:
Well...
When you libra them, it says they're immune to provoke. I just did Auto-Cover the whole time and squeaked it out

hey dude, I didn't make the game. I'm just telling you what works. :p

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Picked up my copy and got a free official mini guide and a envelope full of FF13 themed postcards.

Vamphuntr

ZeroRay said:
Damn it FedEx! Give me my copy already!

At least you are lucky you will get it. I think I just got ripped of by gamestop.ca. Purolator came an hour ago with ''my package''. From the box it was clearly evident that it was only the preorder poster (thin long box). The delivery guy showed me that it was only one box, hence the label clearly shows carton 1 of 1. My tracking number shows that the game, poster and mini guide were all delivered (same tracking number for all three). Packaging slip shows it's only a poster.

Customer service is clearly run by incompetent. They made me check to be sure the game is not in the box. Pfffff try fitting a game case in this box. They are saying it was clearly delivered. :( I'm done with gamestop forever.

Einbroch

Banned
Sazh is seriously badass. He's a realist, and the most down-to-earth character I've come across in recent years.

At least in terms of FF.

thetrin

fernoca said:
Also love the fact that HP is fully restored after battle...well at least for now, don't know if it changes later. :lol

Yep, HP is restored at the end of all battles. No more carrying 99 potions around with you! You can't use spells outside of battle anyway. All of that is relegated to smokes now.

Caffer

Neo Member
ehi guys are you all interested in the FFXIV ps3 beta?
i registered my copy of FFXIII but somehow i didn't receive the mail with the FFXIV code...(maybe because i registered at 00.40 gmt+1 and the site runs in GMT...so it wasn t yet the FFXIII release date)

anyway if anyone isn't interested and could send me the FFXIII registration code (or the FFXIV one) it'd be appreciated!thanks :lol

Ricker

Xater said:
Something seems to be wrong with the promo code I got. I want to register for the beta and that requires a 20 digit code, but I only got a 16 digit one from SE.

I t only paste the 16 first,type the last 4 yourself ;P...I did the same thing and noticed that and it worked

Game is awesome so far...graphics are amazing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Durante said:
Does anything actually happen if you level up a role?

You max out your stats in that 'level' before the next Crystarium level opens up. There's a max of 5 role levels, 4 of which can be completed in story mode.

Einbroch said:
Sazh is seriously badass. He's a realist, and the most down-to-earth character I've come across in recent years.

At least in terms of FF.
I agree. He's my favorite character so far. Snow is badass too, Lightning isn't too bad.

Vanille is a awkward alien ditz and Hope is such an annoying little bitch.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
GG square, i regged my pal CE on friday and only see a shelve with xiii boxart on it, no mention of an item nor the beta.

good job!

Just started Chapter 4. The combat has really opened up now, so I'm just experimenting with which roles work best etc.

Got my first game over in Chapter 3 on some average enemies too.

:lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
TheCardPlayer said:
Question: When I am done with a disk, can I uninstall it, or do I keep it around the hard drive?
thought I saw most of the comparison sites talking about not needing previous discs on the 360 version. I would guess you can uninstall it.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
borghe said:
thought I saw most of the comparison sites talking about not needing previous discs on the 360 version. I would guess you can uninstall it.

Cool. On the the third disc, and then play time!

Caffer

Neo Member
Tiduz said:
GG square, i regged my pal CE on friday and only see a shelve with xiii boxart on it, no mention of an item nor the beta.

good job!

same problem as me....
hope it will come later...but judging from the others in this thread i think it is an auto mail...so it won't arrive to us :/

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, I'm calling shenanigans on this battle system. I encountered the first tough boss (Chapter 3) and you CANNOT beat this guy unless you do auto-battle cos you have to keep switching paradigms. The one character I can control is taken away from me in tough fights :\

neoism

Kagari said:
You max out your stats in that 'level' before the next Crystarium level opens up. There's a max of 5 role levels, 4 of which can be completed in story mode.
Kagari, is it possible to just beat the game, without doing any of the missions! I take it you have to beat the game(last boss) to get to level 5..?

Ponn

Banned
Finally got to redeem code for free Xbox 360 stuff. Square members site is getting jammed plus on top of that they pick this month of all months to change the way you login and have to connect ID's and all this garbage. Way to go brainiacs.

Anyways, the Xbox codes are for two avatar psicomm suits, one male and one female. They are different codes. I used the male avatar items code.

I have the female avatar items code still available. I'm not going to post it because I want to make sure it will actually be used by someone that can use it and not just some hyped maroon that screams GIVE IT TO ME! and puts it in only to realize he/she has no female xbox avatar so PM if you want it and confirm you have a female avatar to use it.

CODE GONE

thetrin

neoism said:
Kagari, is it possible to just beat the game, without doing any of the missions! I take it you have to beat the game(last boss) to get to level 5..?

Without doing ANY of the missions? You're going to have useless weapons and no ability to ride a Chocobo. If that sounds like fun, be my guest.

thetrin

Zeliard said:
There better be a very poignant and convincing in-game reason as to why Sazh wears a baby Chocobo on his head.

There is. It's a very poignant reason, actually.

Cloudy said:
Ok, I'm calling shenanigans on this battle system. I encountered the first tough boss (Chapter 3) and you CANNOT beat this guy unless you do auto-battle cos you have to keep switching paradigms. The one character I can control is taken away from me in tough fights :\

Battles only get faster from there.

Durante

Cloudy said:
You know, what you're doing by performing paradigm shifts is controlling all your characters. Just at a slightly higher level of abstraction.

Tamanon

Banned
Zeliard said:
There better be a very poignant and convincing in-game reason as to why Sazh wears a baby Chocobo on his head.

I think there is one thing they don't have to explain. It just adds too much to the character! That thing is adorable.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neoism said:

You're forced to do some missions for story progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom