• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Banned
I went to get it at lunch break, quickly checked the OMG-1080p-CG intro and now I'm crawling through the longestest afternoon EVER at work :lol I played it for a total of 15min and I already know I will love this game. I just can't resist such production value, no matter what flaws the game might have.

Anecdote: I pre-ordered without really thinking it was necessary and turns out I did well: they were sold out of PS3 copies in 2 hours this morning (on a Tuesday!)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Back in March of 2009, SE North America started up a members service where you could register most of their games released from 3/2009 through the present, using code voucher thingies that come with applicable games. Sometimes the printing of 0s and Os in those codes is a bit ambiguous. Basically their version of Club Nintendo.

I'm only two games away from Ultimate tier, so once my two copies of FFXIII comes in, I'm good to go!

gkryhewy

Mejilan said:
Back in March of 2009, SE North America started up a members service where you could register most of their games released from 3/2009 through the present, using code voucher thingies that come with applicable games. Sometimes the printing of 0s and Os in those codes is a bit ambiguous. Basically their version of Club Nintendo.

I'm only two games away from Ultimate tier, so once my two copies of FFXIII comes in, I'm good to go!

Oh, okay, thanks.

Vinci

Danish
PlayStation 3 version Square-Enix Members code unlocks Final Fantasy XIV promotions: in-game item + chance to enter the PS3 beta.

Damn it. I might have to buy this game after all; I desperately want in the XIV PS3 beta.

Doc Evils said:
Omg gaf there is some ghetto ass cosplay
Pretty amazing that people were willing to dress up for this. :lol

My friend said it was packed at his gamestop last night, including a Yuna cosplayer. I wish I didn't have to work today...

Erasus

Is there a way to get the DTS track? I saw the game had both Dolby and DTS and I did not see anything in the in-game settings to change it. Just want too see if there is any difference.

I love the game too!

Lyonaz

Castor Krieg said:
Lyonaz, how are you making money in this game once you get to
Pulse
? Do you sell all Components apart from Oil?

I don't even make money. :lol
I'm just hunting down monsters and not really worrying about making money for upgrades.
This game sure does make it hard to earn money. But I guess you could sell most of the components you get.
You just need to keep the stuff that gives the most XP for your items, the multiplier item vibrant ooze is cheap in the shop so I don't see the point in hoarding oozes and oils. Unless they have other uses besides the multiplier thing.
Also I don't sell the transformation ores, dunno why. :p

May16

Gah, didn't realize there were 2 threads or I would've chosen this one. Anyway, to repost what I said in the other thread:
So, because my wife's amazing, she spent hours making a ton of GIFs. Use 'em for avatars, memes, or whatever you will. Enjoy~ :)
The one of Hope tripping and falling is my personal favorite. I wish there were one of him falling down a cliff and hitting his head repeatedly, Homer Simpson style.

lol

hopeduff.gif

Anyone know what this "free in-game item" PS3 owners are suppose to get yet is? :lol

Is it just the theme that unlocks from a trophy? I think I read someone mention that earlier in here.

BlazingDarkness said:
wow lots of good impressions in here - i think the backlash for FFXIII came before the western release
looking forward to starting english version in a minute:D

Pre-backlash was ridiculous, so people are now surprised that the game is fun! :lol

Durante

Y2Kev said:
It would. Did they ditch that?
No. Well, it's not really the whole screen that pulses, it's stronger at the corners and weaker towards the center. Still, it's very hard to overlook.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
ok GAF hype me up or down,

Im in China, I have a 360 back in my country and Im coming back on July.

Dunno if its worth it to buy here a ps3 of course not just for FFXIII but for GoW III, uNcharted,heavy rain etc...

so.. I dont know :(

dgenx said:

Dunno if its worth it to buy here a ps3 of course not just for FFXIII but for GoW III, uNcharted,heavy rain etc...

Uncharted 1 and 2, GOW III, Little Big Planet, MGS4, inFAMOUS and Blu-Ray movies are more than enough reason to get a PS3. A superior version of FFXIII is the icing on the cake :)

dgenx said:

If you have a decent tv-set available, go for it! Should be easy enough to bring the ps3 slim back to your home country.

dgenx said:

If you're in China hunt down Lightning PS3, 220V version.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Castor Krieg said:
If you're in China hunt down Lightning PS3, 220V version.

know if its Region free? cause I actually saw it in a store. Also I wonder how much is it

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Erasus said:
Is there a way to get the DTS track? I saw the game had both Dolby and DTS and I did not see anything in the in-game settings to change it. Just want too see if there is any difference.

I love the game too!

PS3? You might have to disable DD in the audio options on the XMB.

joelseph

dgenx said:

Save your money, pleasure from buying stuff is fleeting, the game will still be here in July.

dgenx said:
know if its Region free? cause I actually saw it in a store. Also I wonder how much is it

As others answered, PS3 games are all region-free. You can also access different PSS depending on your settings for each user. If you decide to look into it the model only comes with 250GB, I paid approx. 370EUR in HK (3550HKD, if nothing changed it's 1:1 HKD to RMB). The bundle comes with FFXIII JP that you can sell on eBay. I know it's 2222JPY in Japan, but not everyone lives in Japan. When I sold my copy in Poland I earned 80% of the price of English version.

Flib

Made it up to Chapter 4. Have a ton of complaints (linearity, wanting to punch Vanille in the face etc.), but it's really addicting and enjoyable in the end. I'm actually liking the world and story a lot more than I expected, and obviously the graphics/art direction are mindblowing.

I'm getting more and more interested in the battle system now that it's opening up a bit more. Buffing and debuffing is finally coming in to play.

kinggroin

Banned
oscpb4.jpg

took a pic with the cosplay yuna chick mentioned a few posts ago. not sure why she chose yuna for a 13 launch. maybe she didnt have outfits with enough belts and buckles.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Odious Tea said:
Just started it. A lot more meh than I was expecting. Also, holy fuck -- atrocious writing!

how in the world can it be more "meh" than you were expecting when everyone and their brother has been saying it takes about 25 hours to really get going?!

Its "Next Gen-ness" really is stunning. There is such a huge amount of animation and detail in the in game conversating. I'm not very far at all and I'm blown away just by Sasz facial expressions when freaking out around Lightning. It's really amazing.

Even dumb ass mo-hawk guy is like exquisitely modeled!!

sdornan

commish said:
how in the world can it be more "meh" than you were expecting when everyone and their brother has been saying it takes about 25 hours to really get going?!

Wait, what? It should be okay for a game to take 25 hours to get going?

commish said:
I haven't kept up with any news or impressions. Also, that's bullshit. If I don't like it by hour 3, I'm done.

Indrew

Neo Member
sdornan said:
Wait, what? It should be okay for a game to take 25 hours to get going?

Yeah, that sounds way too long if true. From reading this thread I thought it was around 3-5 hours when you unlock paradigms and the crystarium.

Picked up the game this morning and can't wait to pop it in after work!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Picking this up after work. Between this and GoW3 my gf is going to hate me. :lol Im gonna try to limit myself to maybe an hour a day of videogames.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Lightning = Whiny bitch. STFU whore. Freaking hate her already.

I love Snow though.

Game really opens up once you get to use the Crystanium and Paradigms. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom