• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
LiquidMetal14 said:
Talking to the GS manager he said that the PS3 actually is selling 3-1 vs the 360 version. It's about time people get it right. Bare in mind that this town I'm in is a 360 town. Some might have actually done their research this time around.

Anyone know where the musings thread is? I had more to report on other platforms but searching fails me on google.

It's difficult, though. It is one thing if said manager is the GAFer, but who knows if that's the truth or just a fanboy with an axe to grind? Excited for NPD, though.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Talking to the GS manager he said that the PS3 actually is selling 3-1 vs the 360 version. It's about time people get it right. Bare in mind that this town I'm in is a 360 town. Some might have actually done their research this time around.

Anyone know where the musings thread is? I had more to report on other platforms but searching fails me on google.

I think they were separated by month. Start a new one! I miss those things!

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
JetBlackPanda said:
Can I snag this one?

1X36B.gif

If it hasn't been claimed, call dibs and go for it! Do it before someone else does. :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just finished Chapter 5 which I didn't plan on but just couldn't put the controller down. I love the game but I really wish we had more control over our parties. Not looking forward to another couple of hours of Vanille's voice acting.

CozMick

Banned
Chamber said:
Just finished Chapter 5 which I didn't plan on but just couldn't put the controller down. I love the game but I really wish we had more control over our parties. Not looking forward to another couple of hours of Vanille's voice acting.

4qn8r9.jpg

Her voice is like angels singing.

I love her.

RPGCrazied

Chapter 9 boss is hard!

so, Barthandelus.. i was doing good.. got all the other faces gone, got him halfway health.. then he used some beam attack an axed everyone. :(

Zoe

Chapter 9 boss was probably my hardest fight for the whole game until I got to the last third of the missions.

I'm not digging the music so far. About 10 hours in there are a couple of catchy tunes but nothing that awesome.

Anything that gets better?

ithorien

Still only 3.5 hours in, but just got Paradigm and the game just got so much better. Love the fast pacing, cannot wait for full utilization.

And holy gif overload, Batman!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just got to the part of Chapter 9 where
the old pope dude shoots Jihl. ;_; Having some trouble beating him after I initially getting him to stagger when I get him one on one.
Tips would be much appreciated.

RPGCrazied

InfiniteNine said:
Just got to the part of Chapter 9 where
the old pope dude shoots Jihl. ;_; Having some trouble beating him after I initially getting him to stagger when I get him one on one.
Tips would be much appreciated.

lol, exact same place for me.. i was doing good, until he did that beam attack. :(

Tabs

Dynamic3 said:
I asked this before but I didn't get a response, does anyone know:

Does mixing up your abilities in a certain way (ie. Fire-Flamestrike-Fire as opposed to Fire x3) make the chain gauge fill quicker. I noticed that sometimes when I use auto it does a mix, even when the enemy has no particular weaknesses.
They must just do it for style, to mix things up. I posted a link to this FAQ before. Look at the skill section, you can see all the properties. Fire and Firestrike each add 10% to the chain gauge. Firestrike does 1.2x the character's strength and Fire does 1.0x the character's magic. For my Sazh at the time, this made them pretty much identical attacks since his strength was lower than his magic.

Slacker

Door2Dawn said:
k

so ff xiii

get it or no?
GET! Look at it this way: This thread has almost 4700 posts by almost 800 gaffers. Good or bad (it's GOOD), it's got the discussion going. If nothing else, you can make lots of new friends talking about it. ;)

*Disclaimer: The person who has posted the most in this thread hated it. :D

Dresden

Slacker said:
GET! Look at it this way: This thread has almost 4700 posts by almost 800 gaffers. Good or bad (it's GOOD), it's got the discussion going. If nothing else, you can make lots of new friends talking about it. ;)

*Disclaimer: The person who has posted the most in this thread hated it. :D
:lol

I think enough people like the game. It clearly has some faults, but goddamn isn't it fun. Beautiful and the battle system is amazing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Phew, heading to bed now.

Been playing this for 23 hours with only toilet breaks so I deserve it.

I like it btw.

Slacker

Yoshichan said:
Phew, heading to bed now.

Been playing this for 23 hours with only toilet breaks so I deserve it.

I like it btw.
Those of us with jobs and kids salute you sir. I'll be thrilled if I can get four hours in tonight. >___<

Slacker said:
Those of us with jobs and kids salute you sir. I'll be thrilled if I can get four hours in tonight. >___<
Yeah I've been struggling to get 4 hours of sleep just so I can get sufficient time to play at night. So far it's been worth it though.

Lotan

GRAGGRRWWWAAAHHHH

Is what I'm yelling right now. I just began chapter 6 and what the hell happened to the difficulty? I keep getting stomped over and over by these monsters. I die 3 times a fight and i have to keep switching constantly to stay alive only to have my main go down in 1 freaking hit.

Please tell me the rest of the game is not like this...

ok Im really getting into, there was a point in the game that I was hating on but Im really liking it now, Im reading all the datalogs and everything, good stuff, I think I just finished chap 4.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dreamer3kx said:
ok Im really getting into, there was a point in the game that I was hating on but Im really liking it now, Im reading all the datalogs and everything, good stuff, I think I just finished chap 4.
Prepare for the worst chapter in the game now.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Slacker said:
It must suck having a job, and I've never had any kids so I can't comment on that. If it wasn't for medical science I'd leave my apartment for more reasons than getting food or having my blood collected. :lol

Dresden

Slacker said:
Amen to that. I've gotten in four hours total with the game since I bought it.

RS4-

So update on last nights freezing issue, I have no problems playing other games.

FF13 on the other hand, blinking red lights.

Zoe

SUPER SPOILERS!!!

7Th said:
Well, about that... you know...

Considering how Hope realized they were l'Cie at the first sign of magic, I'm sure Vanille wouldn't have dared to show that she could do it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Lotan said:
GRAGGRRWWWAAAHHHH

Is what I'm yelling right now. I just began chapter 6 and what the hell happened to the difficulty? I keep getting stomped over and over by these monsters. I die 3 times a fight and i have to keep switching constantly to stay alive only to have my main go down in 1 freaking hit.

Please tell me the rest of the game is not like this...
That doesn't sound encouraging. :(

Durante

Chamber said:
That doesn't sound encouraging. :(
Well, I just finished chapter 6 and I didn't die once in that chapter. Does that encourage you?

(I have a sneaking suspicion that the people who spend the first 3 chapters "just mashing X" and complaining about that are the same ones that will complain about difficulty later)

FrankT

Jamesfrom818 said:
Gamestop wouldn't let me exchange my PS3 copy so I had to trade it in. It was worth $45 and I got an extra $3 from my Edge card.

That's not too bad. Probably only got that much now due to the extra 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom