• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

vazel

Banned
I couldn't resist eating cinnabons and now I'm full. I was hoping to eat them while I was playing.
crying.gif

akaoni

Banned
So I haven't been keeping up, but how do those of us who purchased the original version of 14 download the new client?

Just don't expect to be able to play without an early access code. A few on the official forum learned the hard way.

Ghizz

its not me, someone I know has been asking.

he did everything (like changing you language settings) but still getting error3. I heard before that SE might be out of the codes.

Yup someone a few pages back dug through the code and apparently they ran out of EA codes...

Just gotta wait for them to generate more (hopefully)

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Does the early access code only allow us to play until the official launch? My CE got sent to the wrong address so I'm not sure when I'll have it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, did anyone who is awake get into fishing last phase? If so, where did you buy the bait? Did I miss a guild vendor in that area?

There you go.

Edit: Seems like Square's out of pre-order codes...

Wy46sDV.png

I think you late comers are screwed

Just for the record, this is mindblowing, not from a "oh SE" perspective, but from a "they burned through that many codes?" perspective. Despite the warning on their site, I sincerely doubt they anticipated hitting that limit.

akaoni

Banned
Just for the record, this is mindblowing, not from a "oh SE" perspective, but from a "they burned through that many codes?" perspective. Despite the warning on their site, I sincerely doubt they anticipated hitting that limit.

Pretty much. Probably breaking a million or something?

Jinko

So, did anyone who is awake get into fishing last phase? If so, where did you buy the bait? Did I miss a guild vendor in that area?

You can buy some bait at the fishing guild in Limsa.

A large majority is crafted though.
I have friends coming over in a bit. Would it make me a bad host if I just made them watch me play..?

Yes, probably best to cancel lol.

Edit 35 mins :O :D :S :\

erawsd

Has this already been posted?

The currently known issue that we have announced regarding instanced dungeon “The Wanderer's Palace” has been resolved. The Wanderer's Palace will be available at the start of Early Access as originally anticipated.

Also in regards to the instanced dungeons, we have gotten feedback from the Beta Test and are adjusting the Experience Point adjustments for several dungeons.

Great news, I'm really looking forward to going at with Tonberry King.

vazel

Banned
Retailers are still advertising and giving out pre-order codes, SE has the responsibility to generate more codes for them. If not then I hope some class action threats get thrown around, moogle caps are serious business.

Apoptomon

Way things were going last time, I'm not even try logging on until later tonight/tomorrow.
Anyway, remember this?
hg1rET3.png

...Will it be happening soon?

Ghizz

Retailers are still advertising and giving out pre-order codes, SE has the responsibility to generate more codes for them. If not then I hope some class action threats get thrown around, moogle caps are serious business.

hopefully they do so....ASAP!

Mallika

They did state the keys were limited I think, blame all those fake preorder and cancels.

Yeah, every time I saw people encouraging others to do this (mostly in another forum, posting "PSA" threads telling people to order and cancel to grab the codes), their "fuck you, got mine" mentality really bothered me. In the few instances they were called out on it, they replied that they didn't see a thing wrong with it, and that they were entitled to / deserved early access.

Khrno

Yeah, every time I saw people encouraging others to do this (mostly in another forum, posting "PSA" threads telling people to order and cancel to grab the codes), their "fuck you, got mine" mentality really bothered me. In the few instances they were called out on it, they replied that they didn't see a thing wrong with it, and that they were entitled to / deserved early access.

Hey, I think I saw something like that happening here on GAF two or three nights ago. Or maybe I'm just imaging things!

Meanwhile, a little something to help visualize how big the hype for this game has gotten:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/about/traffic/

That's September 2012 to now. That's a two-hundred-forty-fold increase in traffic for that FFXIV-focused forum between its nadir point in October 2012 and now, and August isn't even OVER yet.

I have only seen this kind, this scale, of gradual buildup into explosion of hype happen once before.

And that game went on to do pretty damn well for itself.

akaoni

Banned
Hey, I think I saw something like that happening here on GAF two nights ago. Or maybe I'm just imaging things!

Pretty sure at least one person mentioned it....

Shopto made it non-refundable if you claimed the early-access code

AND my torrent just finished downloading. Hype!

Eusis

That's the PC sku, there's no Blu-Ray in there.
But they showed it in the unboxing, see? Granted that's NA, but I don't see them NOT putting it there in the Europe version.
Meanwhile, a little something to help visualize how big the hype for this game has gotten:

That's September 2012 to now. That's a two-hundred-forty-fold increase in traffic for that FFXIV-focused forum between its nadir point in October 2012 and now, and August isn't even OVER yet.

I have only seen this kind, this scale, of gradual buildup into explosion of hype happen once before.

I actually wonder if part of that could be BECAUSE FFXIV failed so badly initially? That is, if this was how it originally came out would it have drawn this much attention? Let's set the release to now or at least more than a year past FFXIII too in case that's a factor, at any rate I do think a lot of people are morbidly fascinated in seeing how this turned out and did enjoy the beta, and there's some that just want a good FF scratch, especially given that relative to the last entry this would be closer to whatever qualifies as a proper FF anymore.

Nags

Banned

There is more anticipation for this game than most people think.

is there a mumble server?

1 hour

Server: gaf.mumble.com
Port: 5311
Username: <character's first name>

When you add the GAF mumble server, please setup your username to reflect the first name of your in-game character. This will make it easier to identify everyone.

* Alternatively, you can combine your character's first and last name for your Mumble username. You just can't use spaces (e.g. MapleCookie).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom