• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

So I just got out of bed and am making breakfast . . . and there's a 3 hour maintenance? Way to go SE, sooooo ready for launch it seems.

M8lnjKO.gif

akaoni

Banned
So I was doing this FATE near Limsa over an hour ago. There's this boss monster and we end up with mostly arcanists with a few marauders. This one marauder takes aggro and nobody heals him, so I heal him. I start taking so aggro from adds and nobody heals me so I heal myself. Barely beat the FATE before I succumb to the adds and the aggro guy gets finished off by them too. Not impressed.

If you plan on playing controller it might be best to avoid playing arcanist I think, unless you're prepared to become godlike.

Sblargh

Banned
I had to forcequit twice after being stuck trying to do a single player instance. So I approve taking down the whole thing if means fixing it. (it got to the point where everyone who got to a instance quest was stuck without playing anyway)

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone figured out yet how to use a Chocobo as a summon instead of a mount? I may have skipped the explanation for that, so I'm not sure if I should be able to summon them yet.

Arcanist has one DoT (maybe I'm wrong on this, are Bio I and Bio II different spells?) and a lot more micro-management of the pet.

Warlock pets are just kind of there. There are similarities, but in terms of filling the role I think Black Mage fits better.

Good news is he's bound to neither though. He can try both and see which he likes best with no problem.

Arcanist keeps up Miasma, Bio, Aero, and Thunder while keeping up with Aetherflow CD and spamming Ruin outside of dot cooldowns. There's really no difference between a warlock's pet and Arcanist pet.

Their as close as you'll get to Affliction Warlock in FF. I guess BLM could be paired with Destro Warlock.

Dunan

PSA for folks trying to redeem preorder codes:

When I tried to enter mine on http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ , the redeem button was grayed out even after entering the correct code. I'm using Safari on a Mac running OS 10.6.

But when I did the same thing in Google Chrome, the button was bright blue and it worked perfectly.

So if you're getting this error, try a different browser!

Lain

Well, made some progress today. Did some dungeons with GAF people and managed to do Ifrit too. Joined the Gridania GC (though the game kicked me at the instanced quest part of that) and more or less made my mind that I'll keep leveling Conjurer (so the Job will mostly be a healing one).

Berordn

Arcanist keeps up Miasma, Bio, Aero, and Thunder while keeping up with Aetherflow CD and spamming Ruin outside of dot cooldowns. There's really no difference between a warlock's pet and Arcanist pet.

As close as you'll get to Affliction Warlock in FF. I guess BLM could be paired with Destro Warlock.

BLM is probably a little closer to an Arcane Mage with the MP focus.

kaiju

So last night I was getting frustrated while getting error-3'd and on someone's suggestion redeemed my early access code under the PS3 version.

I must have been really tired because for whatever reason I thought that since I had purchased the PC version that it would just mark on my account that "this account is eligible for early access" or something to that effect... not so much. Now it seems as though I'm stuck with a PS3 download code.

Am I pretty much boned for early access at this point? Not a big deal if I am, I'd rather just know for sure so I can stop thinking about it and do something else. Thanks.

Might be worth a shot contacting the retailer you purchased the game from, they might have another code for you.

Khatoz

Anyone figured out yet how to use a Chocobo as a summon instead of a mount? I may have skipped the explanation for that, so I'm not sure if I should be able to summon them yet.

Click on the "Traits & Commands(?)" button, go to mounts and you can select the spell there.

I'm an idiot with low reading comprehension and only 4 hours sleep, what Soraan said is the correct thing.

You talking about as a battle companion? You need to progress the story, join a grand company, buy a chocobo, then you can use a Gysahl green (can buy from a shop) to summon them to fight alongside you. I don't know if there is a new step after buying the chocobo, though. In phase 3, there was a NPC outside you talked to for that.

Anteater

I went afk to finish some chores and they went into maintenance when I wasn't looking D:

Oh I figured out I could add vertical hotbars on the right and bind my number keys to it even though I'm using controller :D, I never really messed with the ps3 UI before in phase 3, now I could just use number keys to mark mobs, so handy..

Tarazet

Blarg. Just woke up and I have to wait almost 3 hours for maintenance. I was hoping I could grind through and unlock the Warrior this weekend.

Croyles

Got extremely stuck at the first instanced battle at lvl 9 for ages so I approve of fixing the servers. Did all the little side quests and stuff so there wasn't anything else I could do anyway.

I can't believe how many people are already lvl 25+, but I assume most of them played the beta already and know their way around.

Fun game so far, but really want to get into a proper party.

Jeels

So I just got out of bed and am making breakfast . . . and there's a 3 hour maintenance? Way to go SE, sooooo ready for launch it seems.

Me as well, I had just finished creating my character..

How common is this in MMOs for full release? I understand early access or whatever, but is this something I should anticipate going forward? That I'll be paying a monthly subscription and the servers could go down at any time (ironically it always seems to be when I have free time).

Yes please, I'll send you a tell after maintenance :) Character name is: Baleoce Hades

Just PM me your character name. We're a small group and mostly chill so feel free to make other friends and join FCs on the server too.

You get ban threats if you don't join immediately upon invite! lol xD :p

I thought it was some random invite because I kept getting those while playing earlier today, lol.

You talking about as a battle companion? You need to progress the story, join a grand company, buy a chocobo, then you can use a Gysahl green (can buy from a shop) to summon them to fight alongside you. I don't know if there is a new step after buying the chocobo, though. In phase 3, there was a NPC outside you talked to for that.

That NPC was Beta only. I assume it'll be weaved into the storyline though.

Berordn

Me as well, I had just finished creating my character..

How common is this in MMOs for full release? I understand early access or whatever, but is this something I should anticipate going forward? That I'll be paying a monthly subscription and the servers could go down at any time (ironically it always seems to be when I have free time).

Launch period is always the worst when it comes to stability in MMOs, and any online service really. There's just a lot that can go wrong in it that you can't catch in beta because of increased load. Stress testing rarely matches or exceeds launch loads.

It probably won't last very long after service launches for everyone, but expect a rocky start.

Mashing

So my OB character appears in the Loadstone, but not my new one. I'm guessing there's a nightly database sync, so hopefully it appears tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom