• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
You talking about as a battle companion? You need to progress the story, join a grand company, buy a chocobo, then you can use a Gysahl green (can buy from a shop) to summon them to fight alongside you. I don't know if there is a new step after buying the chocobo, though. In phase 3, there was a NPC outside you talked to for that.

That's what I thought, though it won't let me use the Gyshal Greens for some reason.

Click on the "Traits & Commands(?)" button, go to mounts and you can select the spell there.

Hmm, I thought I have looked into that menu without finding anything. I'll give it a try as soon as the emergency is over, thanks!

Noaloha

Maintenance!

Maybe now's a good time to ask a question: I played during phase 3 of the beta and there were menu icons on the bottom right of the screen that you could tab through (I'm using a game pad on pc) which are no longer there. Did they get rid of that because it was kinda convenient?

They replaced it with the cross menu when you press start when you're using a gamepad. You can get the other one back by switching to the keyboard/mouse UI.

You don't actually have to switch over to Keyboard UI to bring back the mini-menu. :]

There's a toggle somewhere in the Options to replace the Start-button's cross-menu with the on-screen mini-menu. I'd take a shot of exactly where it is, but yeah, *hiss* maintenance *hiss* .

Ultimatum

Banned
Me as well, I had just finished creating my character..

How common is this in MMOs for full release? I understand early access or whatever, but is this something I should anticipate going forward? That I'll be paying a monthly subscription and the servers could go down at any time (ironically it always seems to be when I have free time).

From my experience most maintenance occurs in the lead up to head start events, or worst case scenario the first week of release. Should be fine after that, but I've never played an SE mmo before so I don't know if they're any good with this stuff.

Izayoi

Banned
How common is this in MMOs for full release? I understand early access or whatever, but is this something I should anticipate going forward? That I'll be paying a monthly subscription and the servers could go down at any time (ironically it always seems to be when I have free time).
Server problems happen all the time. When you've got hundreds of thousands (sometimes millions) of simultaneous players, things break.

I wouldn't expect it to be a regular occurrence after launch week, but the first week is always rough.

Aeana

It doesn't update in real time, so it takes a while for it to do so.

My character is still showing the BOT stuff I was wearing when I logged on, instead of the ACN I had just before getting kicked.
I know it's slow to update, but it's weird that the image doesn't match the actual equipment shown next to it.

Anteater

hunts is actually not very reliable for exp at lvl22, almost finished page 3 and barely leveled much, guess I'll need to get back to dungeons and guildleves and quests.

Didn't I read that Early Access lasts until the 30th? I'm pretty sure a dev post said something about that so people have more time to get their game copies. I mean, I know the full game starts on the 27th, but for those who don't have their codes yet, they can keep playing?

Darryl

Banned
Me as well, I had just finished creating my character..

maintenance is like a few hours a month thing for MMOs and really isn't that common to get caught up in. it's just usually pretty bad around launch while they get the server load right and fix whatever super gamebreaking bugs pop up

VariantX

Crap, just when i was getting into the zone. Was going to hopefully get my marauder to 20-25 before the end of the day. Won't have as much time to play now that the semester's starting next week.

Khrno

I know it's slow to update, but it's weird that the image doesn't match the actual equipment shown next to it.

My profile now updated with ACN 22 and the items, but the image is still showing the BOT stuff.

Yeah those updates besides slow, they're done in parts.

Jinko

hunts is actually not very reliable for exp at lvl22, almost finished page 3 and barely leveled much, guess I'll need to get back to dungeons and guildleves and quests.

The completion XP for rank 3 from what I remember was really high in phase 3.

I hear good things about fate parties though.

blackflag

Made my character and got through the intro. As soon as it went to give me control we went down for maintenance so hopefully I don't have to redo it all.

deadeye

I’ve been patiently waiting for my preorder code so I can jump into early access today. I felt discouraged since so many of you received your code and was already enjoying the game. I started to get mad, "How much longer do I have to wait, Square!!"

Finally, when I woke up this morning and turned on my PS3, I received this message from Square Enix:

Subject: Refund FFXIV

Due to a technical issue, we have canceled your current order and will be refunding you the full amount. We will also be providing you a complimentary copy of your previous order. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you in Eorzea!

It included the redeem code for me to download it again and I got all my preorder items as well. Not sure what the technical issue was, but it just got me a free copy. Patience is a virtue.

I love you again, Square!!

Vossler

Hey guys, got about an hour in before the maintenance....to get into a Free Company, do I need to message the leaders? Thanks....also, I like what I see so far after becoming a bit disenfranchised with GW2...Hurry up with the maintenance Square!

dramatis

SE says a great deal of BS. I'd stay worried until he demonstrably isn't affected by an account breaking bug.
Chances are they fixed that bug. Given their precise error codes are more normally 4 digits (3102), from a programming standpoint '90000' is clearly just a default code thrown out when they don't have a specific block that can determine what kind of error it is. That means any bug that doesn't filter through a certain set of error determination criteria will throw '90000' regardless of whether it is the same bug or not.

Khrno

It included the redeem code for me to download it again and I got all my preorder items as well. Not sure what the technical issue was, but it just got me a free copy. Patience is a virtue.

I love you again, Square!!

Well, congratulations!

Nice Fate Farming party in HighBridge:

ECBVsR1.jpg

teiresias

Since my plan was to play until 3pm EST and then go to the gym and then come home and do some work for my real-world job, I guess I'll reverse the game and the gym since maintenance lasts until 3pm EST. Ugh, sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom