• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

According to that picture that was going around earlier, you need both Pugilist and Marauder for Dragoon. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

What that picture means is that DRG uses MRD and PGL skills (and obviously LNC), not that it requires both.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hope those classes are either or and not requiring 3 classes? Like Warrior is Marauder + Pugilist + Gladiator, or its Maurauder + your pick of Pugilist or Gladiator?

Edit: oh right. So, is anything set in stone yet or people need to find out for sure? I wouldn't mind doing Pugilist to get to Warrior instead of Gladiator because sword and shield was pretttttty boring.

falastini

Speaking of shared class skills, why is Mantra level 42? It's the highest shared ability by far. Most shared skills are 34 and even a few are 26. It pretty much forces me to make MNK my second class. I mean you might as well take it to 50 at that point... I was planning to play something different after all the melee combat of GLD and WAR.

oh right. So, is anything set in stone yet or people need to find out for sure? I wouldn't mind doing Pugilist to get to Warrior instead of Gladiator because sword and shield was pretttttty boring.
If you're going to go WAR, you're going to want those shared tank abilities from GLD anyways.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Party/Job: Main class lvl 30> required lvl 15 class for job > predetermined third class to cross class ability with.

Solo: Main class > cross class with any class you want

Askani

Maintenance? Maintanence.

YeFMDDZ.png

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It seems the post lost my physical copy of the game and the store said they can't send another one till 2 weeks have past.

Anyone know a good store to buy FFXIV digitally in the UK?

What are the cross class skills from ACN? Spreadsheet says you can take Bio but only Ruin and the heal spell have become available to use for my CNJ, which are both useless to me.

WolvenOne

Hmm, seems Ultros is going to be down to roughly noon my time. (Mountain time.)

Well, might as well stretch my legs and get something good to eat then.

Kyoufu

Fellow Lancers, I'm trying to do the Phlebotomy (sp?) class quest but it seems I can't take the appropriate exit from Gridania to do it. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to progress in the main story quests?

Teknoman

Does the PS3 version have a launcher of sorts where you can see the latest news/updates, or does it just boot into the game like any other digital download?

Reveirg

Oh, from Twitter...

3 hours maintenance is an estimate, they'll give us some news when they have a better idea for when the server will come back up.

Torquill

Data center/hardware for NA/EU must suck badly compared to the setup in Japan.

Suck is harsh. Under-powered for it's needs compared to the other, maybe, but remember that one data center is getting hit with 2 continents, the other by 1 country. Which do you THINK is going to break first if there are load issues waiting to pounce?

Reknoc

Fellow Lancers, I'm trying to do the Phlebotomy (sp?) class quest but it seems I can't take the appropriate exit from Gridania to do it. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to progress in the main story quests?

Where is it you need to go?

Jinko

Go out, get all my shit done for the day before having to head out to a friends birthday later tonight.

Maintenance. Jesus fuck Square. Its not often I've given you money in the past few years, but congrats on already fucking up. No idea why they didn't launch Early Access yesterday like all other beta's so they'd have this shit at least ready for the fucking weekend.

LOL chill out, its only a game.

Omnicent

Guys I'm hooked on crafting. I almost don't want to level a DoW, but I will to complete the story line.

Guess I'll be leveling everything together on my ARC/BRD so I can atleast have HQ gear while leveling.

If its anything like FFXI it'll get extended.

SE are actually pretty good on maints.
HAVE you played any Nexon game? After playing Vindictus/DN I'm happy if a maint doesnt take 10+ hours (though NX has gotten a little better recently)

Munba

Early today i saw a thunderstorm during the night in gridania, the area was so dark with only some flashes around and thunder sounds. Amazing.

WinFonda

okay... this is prob gonna sound really stupid but do i have to redownload the game if i was already in the open beta?

did i even have to buy it?! i didn't get a serial key or anything with my purchase...

PS3 version btw

Izayoi

Banned
So hey, how does attribute redistribution work when you switch main classes?

I hear people building all STR, but what happens if I want to also play a magic class? Is there something I'm missing here or are you fucked without additional characters? Or are people just talking about gear?

I'm kinda confused.

I hear people building all STR, but what happens if I want to also play a magic class? Is there something I'm missing here or are you fucked without additional characters? Or are people just talking about gear?

I'm kinda confused.

You get attribute points for that class

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I'm kinda confused.

When you switch classes, the attributes switch to that class

Classes doesn't share Attribute Points

So if you pump +5 STR in LNC, doesn't mean +5 in THM, all classes and their attribute points are separate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom