• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what the general consensus of FFXIV? Good/bad for a subscription based game?

I'm thinking about buying a ps3 for the first time ever, just for this.

TheContact

okay... this is prob gonna sound really stupid but do i have to redownload the game if i was already in the open beta?

did i even have to buy it?! i didn't get a serial key or anything with my purchase...

PS3 version btw

No you don't have to re-download. You do have to at least pre-order the game to get early access, they send you a code once you do

Dvide

Banned
I've done
ifrit
and joined a gc. So where do I go to get a mount and what's this 2,000 seals you speak of lol

edit: Didn't read. sorry.

The GC Quartermaster sells Chocobo licenses for 2000 seals. You get seals by doing fate's, doing GC leves etc. There is even a GC hunting log which nets you seals.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've done and joined a gc. So where do I go to get a mount and what's this 2,000 seals you speak of lol

Seals are like currency for your Grand Company

Once you join a GC, FATE's give you seals with XP/Money from them on

So you will be farming for them

More you have, more stuff you will be able to purchase from the GC

I've done
ifrit
and joined a gc. So where do I go to get a mount and what's this 2,000 seals you speak of lol

*grabs shoulder*

My young padawan, you have so much to learn.

..ehem...

You have to talk to you GC officer in the city state the GC belongs (duh!), then you can "buy" some things, like the chocobo with CG seals, which is nothing more than a type of currency for GC. You get them in diverse way, I think FATEs gives you seals, just as an example.

Edit: Beaten like a lala tank

Einbroch

Banned
I get home from a busy morning, plop down with my new mouse and a fresh, homemade pitcher of lemonade to be greeted with this UNFORGIVABLE MALFEASANCE OF MAINTENANCE.

Izayoi

Banned
Can anyone verify if Jiji's tips for SGSSAA injecting mentioned in the OP is working at the moment for early access?
I tried to get it to work and had no success. I couldn't even get regular old MSAA w/ transparency multisampling to work.

Something is fucked, but I'm not sure what.

Soi-Fong

Can anybody here tell me the process of getting the pre-order and CE bonuses? I kinda get how to get the pre-order bonuses, but confused on how to get the CE bonuses.

UrSuLeTzU

Ate and took a nap for 1h and now there's maintenance already? Oh well, I suppose I could wrap up some other stuff but I sure hope SE gets their shit sorted out as soon as possible. But they will probably use early access like another beta leading all the way to launch...

WolvenOne

*Sigh* Well its a good thing the servers are down for another hour. Went to grab the latest patch while things were down, but apparently my client was corrupted and had to be uninstalled before I could update. So now I'm going through 8GB of downloads, again.

wrongway

*Sigh* Well its a good thing the servers are down for another hour. Went to grab the latest patch while things were down, but apparently my client was corrupted and had to be uninstalled before I could update. So now I'm going through 8GB of downloads, again.

Ouch :(

Khrno

Can anybody here tell me the process of getting the pre-order and CE bonuses? I kinda get how to get the pre-order bonuses, but confused on how to get the CE bonuses.

By adding the Early Access code, your pre-order items got added into your account, however you won't receive them until the 27th. CE items will also be received on the 27th, but you need to register your CE code which comes inside the box (or from an email if purchased digitally).

My character isn't on the Lodestone... should I be worried? :(

No, the lodestone seems to update every few hours (maybe even up to 6 hours) so don't worry.

wrongway

Aw yeah, servers up! I'm in!

3iQjKaL.gif

Paprikka

So every class has its own attribute points that change when you switch classes? Am I getting that right?

Correct, though it's worth keeping in mind jobs use their respective class's attributes. So for arcanist you use the same point spread for both summoner and scholar.

Izayoi

Banned
When you switch classes, the attributes switch to that class

Classes doesn't share Attribute Points

So if you pump +5 STR in LNC, doesn't mean +5 in THM, all classes and their attribute points are separate
Excellent, thanks for the explanation.

So what the general consensus of FFXIV? Good/bad for a subscription based game?

I'm thinking about buying a ps3 for the first time ever, just for this.
Buy a nice videocard instead. I've heard about some serious slowdown issues with the PS3 version.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If I have an existing account from the previous version of FFXIV, am I able to participate in early access simply by subscribing?

Soi-Fong

I'm starting a new character on a new server on a new SE account and that account was where I registered my CE game.

I try to log in to the game, but it says "You could not log in, because the account in question is not registered." What gives?

The game is attached to the account I'm trying to log in with.

WinFonda

I just pre ordered the game, but I am not seeing any code in the email I got. Am I doing something wrong?
Dunno. I wondered the same thing, but apparently you wait for an email. I haven't got mine yet.

Ah, but I started my open beta client it seemed to acknowledge my early access automatically? (on PS3)

Teknoman

I'm starting a new character on a new server on a new SE account and that account was where I registered my CE game.

I try to log in to the game, but it says "You could not log in, because the account in question is not registered." What gives?

The game is attached to the account I'm trying to log in with.

I think you still have to put in the preorder early access code, and register that code to your account?

Dunno. I wondered the same thing, but apparently you wait for an email. I haven't got mine yet.

Ah, but I started my open beta client it seemed to acknowledge my early access automatically? (on PS3)

I'm on PC, so I think I need to redeem my code to even download the client.

Westlo

Just purchased this, about to start the download, pretty happy about the latest wow patch being sept ten so I can give this game some focus.

How long until maintenance is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom