• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidd

They still haven't fixed the Duty finder/instance problem. sigh..

I've been stuck at level 15 for ages wtf Square.

Ikon

So after about 20 attempts at logging in I finally get through and now I have to patch the damn thing? I just downloaded it yesterday! SMH

Time remaning: 600 minutes. Oh joy.

Eusis

That is not how that works.

Whenever WoW releases an expansion they have problems on launch day every single time. So by your logic they shouldn't have issues as it is their second, third, fourth, and fifth go at it.
Yeah, that's kind of the thing, there's ALWAYS going to be that huge initial rush, it's likely why we even get Early Access in the first place just so they can stem the tides some, though that seems to work best in cases like this where Early Access actually gets cut off.

T.O.P

Banned
Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24)
While we were able to address the previous issue wherein players were unable to access instances, we conducted another investigation and confirmed that the issue was ongoing for a number of players.

We have been able to identify the cause of the issue and have started the recovery operations. Once we have tested the fix, we plan on conducting another emergency maintenance. We will follow up once we have a better idea on the time frame of the maintenance.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

ç_ç

hertog

So I got the early access code and now I've got to download another 6,4 gb after I already installed the gaem that was 6,4 gb from the disc.

wtf?

Scrawnton

Just joined the free company on the ultros server. I look forward to playing with all of you over the next coming months!

Name in the game is Scrawnton Newton

If your quest objective is in another area, is there a more intuitive way to guide yourself to it besides clumsily piecing together which entrance/exits you need to go through on the map screen? Clicking through the quest in the Duty finder just takes you to the overworld -> quest zone map and it just seems really clunky unless I'm missing something. The help and interface are great in general but this is one thing that is annoying me. I'm on PS3.

Aeana

This whole launch is a clusterfuck.

I don't see how any of you can defend some of what's happened.
We've been through MMO launches before. Not that I'm defending it per se, but I'm not outraged or frustrated because I know exactly what to expect.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yay, I got antialiasing working! These are my settings. Game Must Be Ran in Fullscreen Not Virtual Fullscreen

Nvidia Inspector Settings

iGJRgRxdCXjJq.png

Someone named Azriel GAF or something, but he ran out of the way when I took the screenshot! (The Miqo'te)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
We've been through MMO launches before. Not that I'm defending it per se, but I'm not outraged or frustrated because I know exactly what to expect.

This.

Like I've said a couple times now, in all my years playing WoW I've seen *patch* days worse than this, much less actual releases. Its annoying and shitty, but it should not be unexpected.

Uthred

Anyone else running into a weird issue where the game will only acknowledge key presses as input into the log as opposed to commands e.g. when I hit W it shows W in chat it doesnt move forward

Edit: Seems in was direct chat

chrono01

Pretty much this.

With every new MMO I expect not to be able to login/play for days following the launch. If I can actually manage to play for an hour or two before the server crashing, or another error appearing, I consider that a success.

NeOak

This.

Like I've said a couple times now, in all my years playing WoW I've seen *patch* days worse than this, much less actual releases. Its annoying and shitty, but it should not be unexpected.

I still remember 3.0 lol

And then 3.0.8 which every Wintergrasp crashed the Northrend servers

Whooter

Okay, I'm going to ask a stupid question:

How do I create a crafting character? On the creation screen I only have Disciples of War and Magic to choose from, no Land or Hand.

Do I need to do something to unlock those?

Thanks!

NeOak

Okay, I'm going to ask a stupid question:

How do I create a crafting character? On the creation screen I only have Disciples of War and Magic to choose from, no Land or Hand.

Do I need to do something to unlock those?

Thanks!

No crafting chars anymore.

This isn't even close to being the worst launch of an MMORPG, so I can - and will - defend it accordingly.

Edit: Oh wait. This isn't even the launch-day yet. It's early access. If you can't fathom some hiccups, you shouldn't have ordered the CE - you should've waited for the official launch.

Scher

All MMO launches are pretty much absolute disasters. Companies seem to have a lot of difficulties anticipating all the issues that will arise, and it's not really that surprising. Really, SE would have probably benefited from an extended open beta, but none of it is really worth getting frustrated about.

KePoW

Banned

Definitely have been some other launches like this for sure. But I feel this is slightly more problematic than usual.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sorry, I have no clue how to apply to the FC...

KePoW

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;78110185 said:
This isn't even close to being the worst launch of an MMORPG, so I can - and will - defend it accordingly.

And at the same time, there have also been a few other MMOs with a bit smoother launches or early-access periods.

Why not compare it to those too?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, everything will be fine on Tuesday.

Well, this early launch has been shit. I can't do anything. Can't do quests, so I can't progress in the story, which means I can't travel, which means I can't even try out the new jobs. And I can't use my Legacy Chocobo to go exploring, since you need to join a GC before you can use them. And I don't want to waste quests on jobs I already have leveled.

They should have canceled the early launched and tried to make the game playable.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I still remember 3.0 lol

And then 3.0.8 which every Wintergrasp crashed the Northrend servers

Pfft. 2.4? Oh hey Sunwell releases today! A day later we're actually able to log on properly and... Isle of Quel'danas causes crashes.

Cystm

This is really not that bad. Subjectively? Sure.

Pretty run of the mill in my opinion. I am not going to defend the developers for seemingly always underestimating server strain, at the same time, this is essentially the expected outcome of MMO launches.

And at the same time, there have also been a few other MMOs with a bit smoother launches or early-access periods.

Why not compare it to those too?

To be honest, it's pretty hard for me to make any complaints as everything has gone very smoothly for me ( even though I am aware of the issues affecting a lot of players ). Guess I've been lucky? The only legitimate complaint I could make concerns the whole code-registration thingy, as the social-site / account-management aspects of Square-Enix is a clusterfuck for sure. Still, it's not PlayOnline. God did I ever hate PlayOnline.

Now.. Sure, you can compare this launch to the best launches out there, albeit I am not certain what launches you mean. But this is a cup half full / half empty kind of situation, and I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting.

Look, I understand frustration. I'm not trying to single you or anybody out for showing frustration. I'm just trying to inject a bit of perspective here - a positive perspective, if you will. And I guess I'm defending the launch while doing it.

marvin83

Banned
I'm sure this has been asked before, but...

Why can't they host this on Amazon's servers? SE's servers have sucked since FFXI Beta...

Rektash

Oh boy, good thing I was only able to log in for a short while after the servers went online. Looks like total MMO launch purgatory right now. Good thing is, I am tired and will hit the sack soon and hopefully wake up to a slightly more playable game tomorrow.

KePoW

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;78111573 said:
To be honest, it's pretty hard for me to make any complaints as everything has gone very smoothly for me ( even though I am aware of the issues affecting a lot of players ). Guess I've been lucky? The only legitimate complaint I could make concerns the whole code-registration thingy, as the social-site / account-management aspects of Square-Enix is a clusterfuck for sure. Still, it's not PlayOnline. God did I ever hate PlayOnline.

Now.. Sure, you can compare this launch to the best launches out there, albeit I am not certain what launches you mean. But this is a cup half full / half empty kind of situation, and I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting.

Look, I understand frustration. I'm not trying to single you or anybody out for showing frustration. I'm just trying to inject a bit of perspective here - a positive perspective, if you will. And I guess I'm defending the launch while doing it.

Fair enough. I'm just pissed because I can't even get past the pre-order code redemption website. I've tried about 50 times starting from two days ago.

It doesn't bother me that launch servers go down temporarily & randomly. That's completely expected.

But when I can't even redeem my code on their website, that pisses me off. Wtf is up with that??

Aeana

This is really not that bad. Subjectively? Sure.

Pretty run of the mill in my opinion. I am not going to defend the developers for seemingly always underestimating server strain, at the same time, this is essentially the expected outcome of MMO launches.
Honestly, the main thing is that you can't really simulate the kind of load you get at launch internally. And since you can't, it really is hard to anticipate what your software is going to do under that kind of load.

NeOak

Yeah, iirc, their "extended maintenance" lasted from the tuesday of release, until around 5:00 the next afternoon for a number of servers (including my own).

Everyone and their mother knew that patch day usually meant the whole day haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom