• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronotech

GAF, I'm stuck. I have a 50 MNK and am trying to decide between Paladin, Bard, or Summoner now. I have no history tanking if that helps.

Heeeellllp!

Made it to level 16 before being blocked due to not being able to do story quests.

I can't travel yet or even pick up new classes.

I'm going to take a break until they fix this.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
That website doesn't really say how to apply for a free company invite, help?

teiresias

Honestly, the main thing is that you can't really simulate the kind of load you get at launch internally. And since you can't, it really is hard to anticipate what your software is going to do under that kind of load.

"Wait for Phase-3 . . . wait for Phase-4 . . . this is just a beta . . . wait for early access . . . wait for official launch"

Disregarding the fact that technically people are now not being able to play for time they paid for, people were on here saying Phase 4 was the stress test and talking about how heavy the load was, and now we're supposed to take the "they can't anticipate server load" excuse seriously again? The excuses are soon to be "wait for the November maintenance . . . wait for the first expansion where they'll roll out new server infrastructure . . . just play on a JP server."

The last one is the real kicker. JP servers are apparently having no issues. Yet another example of SE not giving a damn about the non-Japanese audience and this attitude is what's leading them to absolute ruin.

WolvenOne

The Ultros GAF Free Company has achieved Rank 4! We can now attach the Company Crest to our gear. Check it out:

Nice.

Definitely need to join the Free Company before the weekend is through. Hopefully the Duty finder will be back up and running soon, so I can continue progress.

Also, no I'm not particularly upset with the issues we've been seeing so far. I kinda expected some issues, and I was going to have difficulties making the most of this weekend anyway.

So long as I can make enough progress to join the free company, and not become hopelessly behind the rest of GAF, I'll be fine.

"Wait for Phase-3 . . . wait for Phase-4 . . . this is just a beta . . . wait for early access . . . wait for official launch"

Disregarding the fact that technically people are now not being able to play for time they paid for, people were on here saying Phase 4 was the stress test and talking about how heavy the load was, and now we're supposed to take the "they can't anticipate server load" excuse seriously again? The excuses are soon to be "wait for the November maintenance . . . wait for the first expansion where they'll roll out new server infrastructure . . . just play on a JP server."

The last one is the real kicker. JP servers are apparently having no issues. Yet another example of SE not giving a damn about the non-Japanese audience and this attitude is what's leading them to absolute ruin.

They also aren't under anywhere near the load the NA/EU servers are, so that's really pointless to bring up.

Mazre

In regards to servers with character creation disabled, is that something I need to just keep refreshing or is it likely to be locked down for hours/days/weeks?

Stoof

Might be a stupid question but when you take a screenshot in game is it saved somewhere? I can hear the little 'click' but I don't know if it's saved to a folder or something..

Anyone else notice this?

1TRaCvy.jpg

NeOak

In regards to servers with character creation disabled, is that something I need to just keep refreshing or is it likely to be locked down for hours/days/weeks?

Pray to the internet gods until the administrators have mercy and decide to open it up.

hertog

So it accepted my early acces code, then I linked my square and psn account. The reward... another file that I must download. See you in 30 minutes........

kaiju

Well looks like I'm late to the party, as Ultros isn't accepting new characters.

Joined the Exodus server...sounds fitting.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Sakura

The MMO cycle continues~
Start of every phase, including launch, is going to be full of issues. I could've told you that. It's always like this.

Dunan

You do realize "wont" is a word in the English language right?

Yeah, give Michael-Cristopher Koji Fox credit: he's got a good vocabulary. I can't remember the time I last heard any English speaker say that someone was "wont to do [some action]", but it's a nice archaic phrase that fits the game well.

Valnen

Great. Game crashed when I alt tabbed to reply to this and now I'm getting error 1017. Why doesn't the queue system consistently work?

any tips on where to do some quests around the level 22 area? i just finished camp drybone and with not being able to progress in the story im looking to get exp.

Eyothrie

Thanks for the replies. One more question- about to pull the preorder trigger on Amazon for the PC download. Will I still get early access?

Baleoce

My friend and I just got simultaneously 90k'd in Aleport (Western La Noscea). I don't think it was a coincidence xD

Izayoi

Banned
This whole launch is a clusterfuck.

I don't see how any of you can defend some of what's happened.
Yeah, this is nothing compared to most MMO launches that I've been through, and that's quite a few. It happens, it's part of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom