• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
any tips on where to do some quests around the level 22 area? i just finished camp drybone and with not being able to progress in the story im looking to get exp.

I'm in the exact situation you are in pretty much. Can't do anything in story. Did all quests around me. Just hoping for some fates to pop

I think there was a system message that says they didn't fix shit with the maintenance but they might've found a fix or something like an hour ago.

Please be excited
I'm coming off it to play The Wonderful 101 then =/, stuck on event quest character that's bugged and thus cannot exit/log out unless I switch the PS3 off lol

Servers down for maint to fix instance bugs, I guess.
Aww really? Just when I was finally able to sit down and play. Oh well. I'm not too bummed. I expected there'd be issues and my time spent in the game has been pretty hassle free so I I'm fine waiting for them to smooth things out. Great to hear that Ultros GAF is rockin' the EA!

qq more

Yay, I got antialiasing working! These are my settings. Game Must Be Ran in Fullscreen Not Virtual Fullscreen

Nvidia Inspector Settings

iGJRgRxdCXjJq.png

Someone named Azriel GAF or something, but he ran out of the way when I took the screenshot! (The Miqo'te)
Can I also enable vSync to get rid of the screen tearing I kept noticing? It's been bugging me a bit.

HBroward

It hurts being like level 12 and not being able to complete my level 10 class quest. So much content gated behind that, I'm running out of stuff to do!

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, this is nothing compared to most MMO launches that I've been through, and that's quite a few. It happens, it's part of the genre.

Them opening day issues and crowd surge. For the most part, this hasn't been too bad. At least no ridiculous login errors or random server shutdowns not initiated by SE, though they did kick people before the first maintenance.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got booted out of Ultros.

I guess I should find some GAF folks to join up with, huh? I've been running around the Ul'dah area so far. Level 7 right now but I think I'll be level 8 as soon as I turn in a couple of quests.

Acerac

Banned
"Wait for Phase-3 . . . wait for Phase-4 . . . this is just a beta . . . wait for early access . . . wait for official launch"

Disregarding the fact that technically people are now not being able to play for time they paid for, people were on here saying Phase 4 was the stress test and talking about how heavy the load was, and now we're supposed to take the "they can't anticipate server load" excuse seriously again? The excuses are soon to be "wait for the November maintenance . . . wait for the first expansion where they'll roll out new server infrastructure . . . just play on a JP server."

The last one is the real kicker. JP servers are apparently having no issues. Yet another example of SE not giving a damn about the non-Japanese audience and this attitude is what's leading them to absolute ruin.
It drives me crazy listening to this! Squeenix fans seem incredibly diehard to the point of fignoring any issues showing up with the game. I currently only have quests I can't do (including my level 10 class quest, which I need to do to access multiple other things) and I constantly hear that this is to be expected.

The sad part is that when the game works, I'm having fun with it. I want to enjoy the game, but the only thing more frustrating than in game issues are the people ravenously defending them...

Quick note about the Mumble server:

Spaces are now allowed in usernames on Mumble. Please update your usernames to your full character name when you get a chance!

Versian

Neo Member
I have yet to log in to Ultros. I'm trying to wait it out till the instance servers are at least working, as I was a victim of 90000 during open beta.

I'll log in to join the FC a little later :D

Anteater

Yay, I got antialiasing working! These are my settings. Game Must Be Ran in Fullscreen Not Virtual Fullscreen

Nvidia Inspector Settings

iGJRgRxdCXjJq.png

Someone named Azriel GAF or something, but he ran out of the way when I took the screenshot! (The Miqo'te)

I need to figure out how to use this thing :eek:

Is it safe? Like... will SE think this is some kind of cheat and ban you for no reason? lol

RK9039

WHAT?! I was just about to start my hunting log sumbitch. Kicked me while I was entering another map lol.

How do I use the Gaf emblem on my armor?

Izayoi

Banned
I need to figure out how to use this thing :eek:

Is it safe? Like... will SE think this is some kind of cheat and ban you for no reason? lol
All nvidia inspector does is modify the way your video card treats certain games. There is literally no way to be banned or for SE to even detect that you're using it, and there's no reason for them to, it does nothing that would ever be considered cheating.

Servers down for maint to fix instance bugs, I guess.

This was probably a hard crash or incompetence. Earlier there was an in-game broadcast that maintenance would be announced when they knew what time. Then everything just booted everyone and the world server for NA/EU character lists appears to be down now.

Really I didn't have my hopes high for stability after they were so incompetent they could not handle redeeming a code on a web page.

Torquill

Something weird is going on. I'm locked out like you guys, but my wife is playing just fine on PS3. I see lots of other people running around too.

Anteater

All nvidia inspector does is modify the way your video card treats certain games. There is literally no way to be banned or for SE to even detect that you're using it, and there's no reason for them to, it does nothing that would ever be considered cheating.

Good to hear! I have no idea how these things work, I'll go ahead and mess around with the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom