• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

I just wish they would add a queue for character creation. It's pretty unreasonable to expect people to just click refresh every 3 minutes to check to see if they can make their character. People aren't going to choose a different server if they're trying to get onto a server to play with their friends :(

WolvenOne

Heh, blank character selection screen, oh Square. XD

Yeah, like I said last week, they needed another few days to stress test things after the first round of problems were fixed. Shame, their release schedule was probably pretty firmly set by then.

Oh well, it'll clear up in a day or so. It's a shame, but I'm not going to obsess over missing a few hours.

Played FFXI since day 1, and don't remember any issues like this. I was actually able to play it.

FF XI wasn't a simultaneous world release,JP was 1 years and half apart from NA and EU launch was like another 1 year apart, hell the PS2 version wasn't even launched at the same time as PC version, neither on JP or NA.

Define "affordable" (for you). A good mid-level card is going to run you around $200.

GTX 650Ti 2GB, GTX 660 2GB, and GTX 760 2GB are all good choices, and should be able to handle FFXIV pretty well.

So for this game I have a Radeon HD 6870 1GB. I'm thinking about going for th4e GTX 760 2GB. I'm just wondering will I notice much of a difference? Meaning, is there a huge gap in performance between the two?

I used to keep up w/ the tech but I haven't lately. Planning a wedding and wifey basically said she'd rather me home playing my MMO than clubbing with my single friends, LMAO. So I'm gonna drive to microcenter and scoop something tonight.

Just curious if there's a significant difference. I'm getting roughly between 15-50fps w/ the 6870. Everything runs smooth on cutscenes but man, outside or in cities it's pretty low fps.

Vashetti

Banned
WTF how do you do the level 25 CNJ quest "Like Mother, like Daughter"

I don't know whether I'm supposed to DPS the enemies, heal the NPCs or stand there and do nothing!

It all happens so quickly and the game doesn't give any hints of how to do it

ibrOPT0vEsyXiu.gif

Foaloal

On the bright side I didn't actually preorder the game, just did the order on Amazon and cancel trick, so at least I didn't pay anything for this.

Hopefully they can fix these issues by launch because I really want the game to succeed, we all know how important this is for the future of SE.

teiresias

You notice any kind of performance hit with these settings? Do you need to turn off the in-game AA for this to work right?

I used his setting and while my framerate monitor said I was never dipping below 55fps it just felt more laggy and stuttery. It also seemed a tad bit too soft for me and something about his setting muted the colors in the game.

FXAA seems broken on my setup for some reason so I'm playing with like no AA at all, but I think it looks better than the settings he posted (though I didn't play around with going below 8xCSAA which may be a bit much).

WolvenOne

So for this game I have a Radeon HD 6870 1GB. I'm thinking about going for th4e GTX 760 2GB. I'm just wondering will I notice much of a difference? Meaning, is there a huge gap in performance between the two?

I used to keep up w/ the tech but I haven't lately. Planning a wedding and wifey basically said she'd rather me home playing my MMO than clubbing with my single friends, LMAO. So I'm gonna drive to microcenter and scoop something tonight.

Just curious if there's a significant difference. I'm getting roughly between 15-50fps w/ the 6870. Everything runs smooth on cutscenes but man, outside or in cities it's pretty low fps.

A better GPU will help with that some, though it could also be your CPU. Check to see if lowering the graphical settings a notch improves things, if it doesn't then your CPU may be maxing out.

King_Moc

Banned

You can get a 670 for probably not much more than a 760. It's a beast of a card.

Kemal86

Just logged out to fiddle with iTunes, now I get "obtaining the world list..." Indefinitely on the character select screen. I can see JP servers but not NA.

Roxas

God damn, i remember why i hate joining random people to complete instances.

First instance ive done in the game, i'm trying to be the tank but have no "agro" abilities, apparently i need to level up my GLD a bit. So then everyone goes nuts saying i need to do AoE...dont have any of them either. Anyway after 20 minutes of abuse i just leave the instanve and it ends the quest for them too. right near the end too, fuck you buddies.

Are there any gaffers on Ragnarok EU?

Torquill

Played FFXI since day 1, and don't remember any issues like this. I was actually able to play it.

Unless you were playing in JP, you didn't play FFXI day 1. When FFXI released in the US it was a year old and included the first expansion (Rise of the Zilart).

Varna

I used his setting and while my framerate monitor said I was never dipping below 55fps it just felt more laggy and stuttery. It also seemed a tad bit too soft for me and something about his setting muted the colors in the game.

FXAA seems broken on my setup for some reason so I'm playing with like no AA at all, but I think it looks better than the settings he posted (though I didn't play around with going below 8xCSAA which may be a bit much).

What kind of system and resolution? Seems a little hard to believe. Plenty of frame-rate drops on my setup with just the in-game AA setting. 690GTX, 3770k @ 4.6GHZ here.

First instance ive done in the game, i'm trying to be the tank but have no "agro" abilities, apparently i need to level up my GLD a bit. So then everyone goes nuts saying i need to do AoE...dont have any of them either. Anyway after 20 minutes of abuse i just leave the instanve and it ends the quest for them too. right near the end too, fuck you buddies.

What are you plaing and what lvl? As GLD you have plenty of aggro abilities.

scosher

Both Rift and Guild Wars 2 had pretty much problem free launches. Both were very smooth.

This is most likely a stress-related issue with the instance servers, since I believe they're shared between all NA/EU worlds.

Really, they should've been prepared as P4 was a good barometer of how many players would be playing EA. They probably didn't account for the tens of thousands of players who no longer had 3012 and 90000 issues and were hitting up instances.

Aeana

FF11 had plenty of problems at JP launch. NA launch didn't come until after the first expansion hit Japan, so by then they'd had a pretty good handle on the server issues. FF11's NA launch was relatively smooth, although not completely without error.

Mastamind

Pull with shield lob, 2 flashes then flatblade > savage blade till mob is dead. If people dont know how to assist you can macro shield lob to also mark the target.

A better GPU will help with that some, though it could also be your CPU. Check to see if lowering the graphical settings a notch improves things, if it doesn't then your CPU may be maxing out.

Yea, that's what I thought. Lowering the graphics helped some. Especially indoors. However it seems you can't completely disable shadows and that's something I do in almost all games. Not a big fan of them vs their fps hit. My CPU is currently at about 40-60% when I'm playing. Not sure if that's relevant.

Kokonoe

Banned
You notice any kind of performance hit with these settings? Do you need to turn off the in-game AA for this to work right?

1. Yes. Sparse Grid AA is quite taxing, you may need to turn down the grass or shadows depending on your card.

2. Correct. You must disable the in-game AA, but you'll notice the second it's disabled.

Roxas

What are you plaing and what lvl? As GLD you have plenty of aggro abilities.

I am a MRD, and the whole group knew that. I only levelled up my GLD to lvl 4 so i have none of the abilities required to tank properly really. I tried my best and we propably would've completed the instance, but fuck em..

Foaloal

What kind of system and resolution? Seems a little hard to believe. Plenty of frame-rate drops on my setup with just the in-game AA setting. 690GTX, 3770k @ 4.6GHZ here.

Personally I'm running a 7950 and an i5 760 OC'd @ 3.5GHz and with D3DOverrider forcing triple buffering/Vsync I'm getting a locked 60FPS, at least when I can actually play.

Turning the physics on other players from full to minimal (or whatever the options are called) made a bigger improvement to my framerate than anything else, and you won't even notice the lack of physics on other players anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom