• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Both Rift and Guild Wars 2 had pretty much problem free launches. Both were very smooth.

This is most likely a stress-related issue with the instance servers, since I believe they're shared between all NA/EU worlds.

Really, they should've been prepared as P4 was a good barometer of how many players would be playing EA. They probably didn't account for the tens of thousands of players who no longer had 3012 and 90000 issues and were hitting up instances.

That is untrue.

Maaseru

Banned
So just got the pre-order from GMG and I'm lost. I registered the game or the key I received on the site, but on the client it asks for a one-time password I don't know how to get since that website says I'm not registered.

Anything I should know or wtf?

Zafir

By the way does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of that kind of grainy effect(Can't really describe it much better than that)? If I recall the original had it too, just makes it look kind of LQ to me.

Vashetti

Banned
So just got the pre-order from GMG and I'm lost. I registered the game or the key I received on the site, but on the client it asks for a one-time password I don't know how to get since that website says I'm not registered.

You don't need to input the one-time password unless you've set it up prior.

inter

Shouldn't need the one-time password unless you specifically added the security key thing to your account.

docbon

Both Rift and Guild Wars 2 had pretty much problem free launches. Both were very smooth.

This is most likely a stress-related issue with the instance servers, since I believe they're shared between all NA/EU worlds.

Really, they should've been prepared as P4 was a good barometer of how many players would be playing EA. They probably didn't account for the tens of thousands of players who no longer had 3012 and 90000 issues and were hitting up instances.

Guild wars 2 had events breaking left and right during launch.

smr00

Banned
This has probably been asked but i am on a phone and can't dig around for 30 minutes so i was wondering, does the game come with a free trial? like 15-30 days? Interested in picking it up off GMG for $24 but not if i have to buy it then pay for the first month for whatever.

Want to try it out before buying into a subscription.

I am a MRD, and the whole group knew that. I only levelled up my GLD to lvl 4 so i have none of the abilities required to tank properly really. I tried my best and we propably would've completed the instance, but fuck em..

Tomahawk --> Overpower -> Heaving swing -> Skull sunder -> Overpower etc, should work.

Skull Sunder (Single target Aggro)
Overpower (AOE Aggro)
Tomahawk (Pull Aggro)

All increase eminity(aggro),

Laieon

This has probably been asked but i am on a phone and can't dig around for 30 minutes so i was wondering, does the game come with a free trial? like 15-30 days? Interested in picking it up off GMG for $24 but not if i have to buy it then pay for the first month for whatever.

Want to try it out before buying into a subscription.

You get 30 days right off the bat.

kaiju

The following is the current situation regarding the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

After investigating the issue, we have identified that the following issues are currently occurring.

- Regarding the server in charge of connecting players to the instances.
We have confirmed an issue with the server in charge of connecting players to the instances. An overload on the servers caused a significant drop in performance. Therefore, we are currently making preparations to further optimizing the server. We currently estimate the operation to take about 30 minutes.

Fortunately, this process can be done without any sort of maintenance. We will be able to verify the performance of the server immediately after the optimization process is completed.

- Regarding the error 90000
We have confirmed an issue with the character data for certain players. These players currently will receive the error 90000 and not be able to access any instances.

We have been able to identify the cause of the issue, but the issue will require maintenance to address.

We plan on conducting emergency maintenance as soon as we complete the optimization process stated above.

We are currently concentrating all of our efforts to address this issue, so we appreciate your continued patience while we work to address this matter.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/66145-NA-Regarding-the-Instance-Related-Issues-%28Aug.-24%29?p=1051960#post1051960

That 90000 error sounds bad.

Aeana

Guild Wars 2 did not have a problem-free launch. It had login problems, people being kicked off of servers, overflow server problems and the trading post didn't come on for several days after. ANet even stopped selling the game for a little while.

Servers are down, guys.

How is it every single company plays it way too safe with launch set ups? Blizzard even did it with D3 and they knew there were going to be at least a million people logging in day one.

I'm not saying i'm upset or surprised, but I find it interesting that history repeats itself so very often.

Khrno

God damn, i remember why i hate joining random people to complete instances.

First instance ive done in the game, i'm trying to be the tank but have no "agro" abilities, apparently i need to level up my GLD a bit. So then everyone goes nuts saying i need to do AoE...dont have any of them either. Anyway after 20 minutes of abuse i just leave the instanve and it ends the quest for them too. right near the end too, fuck you buddies.

Are there any gaffers on Ragnarok EU?

I am in Ragnarok, well trying to enter but the game doesn't want me in.

As MRD you have Overpower, that's your hate aoe skill. Also you do Heavy Swing followed by Skull Sunder, that's your hate combo.

If I could get back to the game I'd invite you to the ls, send me a PM with your in-game name.

Foaloal

I'll just tell you all the steps:
1.) Preorder game somewhere
2.) Get preoder code
3.) Enter preorder code at http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (change na to eu if you're not in NA)
4.) If that website accepts your code it should give you a different code, enter that one here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=na (again changing NA to EU if applicable)
5.) Once you've entered both of those codes you should be able to log in using the FFXIV phase 4/final game client. Keep in mind the NA/EU servers seem to be down right now anyways

WolvenOne

Well, I'm gonna get back on my bicycle, and burn some calories before taking care of some social obligations. Hopefully the servers will be fixed by the time I get home tonight. Also, I think I'll distract myself with a Dresden Files audiobook while I'm at it.

It's up to you James Marsters, make me smile fragnabit!

Zomba13

If anyone wants to know how to get your chocobo to fight with you, it's a quest from Camp Tranquil from Docette. Needs 1 Gyshal Green to summon for 30 mins and it looks like you can't ride while your choco is fighting with you.

JLeack

Banned
Guild Wars 2 did not have a problem-free launch. It had login problems, people being kicked off of servers, overflow server problems and the trading post didn't come on for several days after. ANet even stopped selling the game for a little while.

This. Thanks for making sure people aren't spreading false information.

knitoe

What's the official GAF guild on Ultros? Gather Against Fate, GAF or something else?

And, I can't max settings 60fps locked at 1440p with 2600K@4.5GHz + SLI Titans. What settings do I need to lower?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I got PGL and GLA to 15 and MRD was at 5 when things went down. So, I'm good for a break before going to work.

Izayoi

Banned
So for this game I have a Radeon HD 6870 1GB. I'm thinking about going for th4e GTX 760 2GB. I'm just wondering will I notice much of a difference? Meaning, is there a huge gap in performance between the two?

I used to keep up w/ the tech but I haven't lately. Planning a wedding and wifey basically said she'd rather me home playing my MMO than clubbing with my single friends, LMAO. So I'm gonna drive to microcenter and scoop something tonight.

Just curious if there's a significant difference. I'm getting roughly between 15-50fps w/ the 6870. Everything runs smooth on cutscenes but man, outside or in cities it's pretty low fps.
As someone mentioned earlier, the 670 is also a beastly card. Either one will do you well, but make sure it has more than 1GB of VRAM.

Your frames will be significantly higher, and if for whatever reason they aren't it's as simple as returning the card. :)

scosher

I don't recall login problems, or people being kicked off -- nothing to the extent of what FFXIV's going through. Dynamic Events broke, trading post wasn't up, and in-game mail was broken, but all of the latter really didn't stop players from playing.

notworksafe

How is it every single company plays it way too safe with launch set ups? Blizzard even did it with D3 and they knew there were going to be at least a million people logging in day one.

I'm not saying i'm upset or surprised, but I find it interesting that history repeats itself so very often.

Partially cause it's cheaper to deal with a smaller number of servers than pay for many unused ones. Partially because a lot of this stuff can't be tested in-house. Sometimes you just gotta put it out there and see what happens, then be as quick as you can to fix it.

Torquill

I can only assume its expense.

Foaloal

have they said anything about error 10102?
Or is that just cause the servers are down?

If the servers are down you can't even load your character list I believe. When I tried 5 mins ago the NA/EU servers were up but I couldn't get in, the JP servers seemed to be down.

Edit: now I can load my JP server characters but not my NA/EU ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom