• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foaloal

Just logged in with my 10102 character on Lamia, and the instance I completed before getting 90000 is still completed and progress was saved.

Doodlebug

Bed time it is, then! I'll see everyone in-game tomorrow.

I'm trying to upgrade my equipment while questing. I want to start with a little clothcraft, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm in Lominsa so there's no guild here. I need to figure out the best way to get some more shards, then see what tools I need.

Wait. Maintenance is from 22.00 GMT 'till 0:30 GMT.

It's 23:00 GMT now. That means 1,5 hours waiting, right?

...right?

Naw, it's just passed 23:00 BST. It'll be 01:30 before it finishes, unfortunately.

Guild Wars 2 did not have a problem-free launch. It had login problems, people being kicked off of servers, overflow server problems and the trading post didn't come on for several days after. ANet even stopped selling the game for a little while.

Yeah, GW2 was a mess. In comparisson ARR went better for the most, at least in the first day. It still sucks for all the people who has big problems, but this is pretty standard.

So my preorder code is invalid? Is something going on with the registration servers or what?

I'm trying to enter it under 'my games' on the na.square-enix site.... is this the wrong place? maybe I'm an idiot? :(

WolvenOne

My guess is we'll be seeing the rule of three take place.

Last week it was the login server that crashed and burned. It was the weakest link and the whole game had to be taken down to fix and reinforce it.

Today its the duty finder server, which again has required all servers to be taken offline to fix it.

Once that's fixed, we'll probably see one more big hiccup, though I'm not sure what it'll be.

The good news though, is that the login and duty finder servers are the only region wide servers that I know of. So future issues shouldn't affect all servers in NA and the EU.

Zomba13

Wait. Maintenance is from 22.00 GMT 'till 0:30 GMT.

It's 23:00 GMT now. That means 1,5 hours waiting, right?

...right?

Nah, it's BST now so maint is over 1:30 BST.

Anyway. Time for some more Wonderful 101 and if my Wii gamepad's battery dies again then it's time for Saint Row 4 :D

God damn, i remember why i hate joining random people to complete instances.

First instance ive done in the game, i'm trying to be the tank but have no "agro" abilities, apparently i need to level up my GLD a bit. So then everyone goes nuts saying i need to do AoE...dont have any of them either. Anyway after 20 minutes of abuse i just leave the instanve and it ends the quest for them too. right near the end too, fuck you buddies.

Are there any gaffers on Ragnarok EU?

Hey what's your in game name? I'm generally not on this early (7am in Australia) but I'm looking for a few friendly players or gaf link shell to join. I tried messaging one or two of the names on the spread sheet but they either werent on or did their English was no good. I'm boddhi teachwell if we happen to play at the same times.

Vashetti

Banned
This seemed ridiculous to me having to play through a certain amount of story quests before you got to your "inn" room.

It's actually very clever, because it's part of the main story, you must do it in order to progress.

Any other game and you might have never learnt about it.

Reveirg

Yeah since I've been awake and trying to get in (I got to play for like 4 hours so far today) I've had it at that playing in the background (PS3 running through the home theatre). What gets me with this game is that this game shows resonating intentions the developers have with this franchise and this story arc.

I think they willed this game back from the brink of disaster. And it shows. It is not perfect but its all I can think about right now.

Yesterday and today during the maintenance times, I've been reading about the 1.0 lore (mostly the last storyline established once Yoshi-P picked up the game) and how it ties in to ARR.

The lore and art for this game is like the perfect combination of FFVI, FFXI and FFXII. Can't believe they actually pulled it off: a real FF game to replace XIV's disappointment.

I'd be curious to know what FFXIII haters think of this game. Sounds to me like it could be the series' redemption to those people.

Ferrio

Banned

First instance ive done in the game, i'm trying to be the tank but have no "agro" abilities, apparently i need to level up my GLD a bit. So then everyone goes nuts saying i need to do AoE...dont have any of them either. Anyway after 20 minutes of abuse i just leave the instanve and it ends the quest for them too. right near the end too, fuck you buddies.

Which instance?

It isn't letting me log in to the account inside the game client. I registered the game with the site but I can't log on in the client.

SE have several different account systems that all tie into each other. You just have to find the right one. Their online account system is easily the worst part of their company.

Eusis

Yeah, GW2 was a mess. In comparisson ARR went better for the most, at least in the first day. It still sucks for all the people who has big problems, but this is pretty standard.
Yeah, anyone wanting to know how bad a launch can REALLY go should go read up on Anarchy Online. Here, I just roll with the problems as they crop up, for the most part you can still enjoy the game plenty while it's up or at least I didn't have serious issues beyond hanging a little while zoning. Fortunately didn't when I teleported to sanctuary for that EXP bonus.

teiresias

Well, it was the same in 1.0.

At least you can get rested experience in every crystal, so no need to go to your inn if you want that.

Was it like that in 1.0? I didn't remember that. Still, seemed strange, because I didn't make it that far the first time I started playing the game.

Reveirg

SE have several different account systems that all tie into each other. You just have to find the right one. Their online account system is easily the worst part of their company.

The part of the company that decided not to localize Type-0 is slightly worse. Slightly.

Foaloal

I'm hoping the maintenance won't be the full 210 minutes they've scheduled, like I said my 10102 error was already fixed and I was able to log in and play fine for ~5 minutes before the message warning about the maintenance came up. Progress being saved was a good sign, especially for anybody who got 90000 after doing a tough instance.

phierce

Quick question, are the Wandering Minstrels not in game yet? If they are where are they? Searched high and low in every city.

Khrno

This seemed ridiculous to me having to play through a certain amount of story quests before you got to your "inn" room.
Hey, you don't have to pay for the room, what are you complaining about, at least do some work for the adventurer's guild since they are the ones paying for you :p

I really hope they can finally put error 90k in the grave with this maintenance.

I've been lucky enough to avoid it completely but damn, it's been a killer for a bunch of people over the past couple weeks.

Hopefully SE has it figured out this time around.

Boss Man

You didn't do the quest where it shows you how to use Flash?

Emitan

You were supposed to be using Flash. You get it at level 8. The first instance is at 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom