• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
I'd be curious to know what FFXIII haters think of this game. Sounds to me like it could be the series' redemption to those people.
As one of the accused, I'd like to say that though I haven't played much yet, I really like the established mythos a lot, and I've got high hopes for the game. I hope it turns out well.

potam

Banned
God damnit.

Just got back from a shitty 11-hour day at work. Feel like shit, all I want to do is get home and play. Oh...NA servers aren't available. Let me check and see if anyone else is having issues...2.5 hour maintenance starting right when I get home.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Just entered my early access code on my PS3 through the start up of the beta client. It's now saying another 6GB file has to be downloaded. I thought it said a re-install would not be necessary?

Omnicent

There was a follow up post he made that said he only had level 4 GLD and was tanking as MAR so he wouldn't have had access to flash.

so use over power.... its a lv12 ability (conal aoe).... unless this not one of the dungeons, but a lv10 guildhest. In that case it's going to be rough

LowParry

I love this game so much but fuck this Duty Finder thing. I can't make any real progression that I want. Hopefully we see it fixed when things are back up and running.

MAR (MRD?) don't have an AoE? Weird.

Sorry, wasn't sure the official abbreviation for MRD, but I have no idea how they tank or what they have access to since I play GLD. Was just saying he didn't have his GLD leveled up enough to get flash yet so that wouldn't have been an option for AoE should MRD not get any.

Boss Man

Guys, network development for mmos is hard.
A lot harder for SE now than it was for everyone else ten years ago, apparently. Does WoW make you wait for animations to finish before an ability can fire or make it impossible to communicate across servers?

Not really. This is pretty clearly your first MMO launch, these kinds of issues are no big deal. Be glad it's not eating into your actual paid time!

What a wise one you are. I've been apart of numerous MMO launches,and I complain each time because its 2013 and retarded this stuff still exists. But, yes, it comes with the territory. It's just dumb to see a defense force for it.

MRD has overpower and it feels much more powerful than flash for enmity, but I suppose it's harder to land.

Yeah someone had already posted a rotation for MRD tanking after his initial follow up post, I just don't know enough about them to have said either way. I was just commenting specifically on people telling him to use flash.

erawsd

so use over power.... its a lv12 ability.... unless this not one of the dungeons, but a lv10 guildhest. In that case it's going to be rough

Except for the "boss", the little creatures in the level 10 guildhests hit about as hard as the regular quest mobs, so it shouldn't have been an issue either way.

As much as all the server issues remind me of previous MMO launches... so does all the complaining.

Always hilarious. People will completely forget about this a few weeks from now.

A lot harder for SE now than it was for everyone else ten years ago, apparently. Does WoW make you wait for animations to finish before an ability can fire or make it impossible to communicate across servers?

That's pretty much a design choice...you may not like it, but is not related network code.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Uhm, do you think WoW had a smooth launch? Heck, do you think WoW expansions come out without issue?

Sakura

Damn. I just checked my character page on Lodestone and realised I STILL have my stupid Dress Shoes on, even though I realised that when I checked it before I started playing today.

Versian

Neo Member
As much as all the server issues remind me of previous MMO launches... so does all the complaining.

Always hilarious. People will completely forget about this a few weeks from now.

Yeah there have been far worse MMO launches in recent memory than FFXIV.

Emitan

I totally forgot about GW2's launch being bad. I'm just going to trust Aeana being right because I really don't remember any issues. No one will care in a few weeks.

blackflag

Only got to level 7 so far but I'm not really feeling archer. Loved Ranger in FFIX...miss my Ranger/Ninja from back in the day. I'll stick with it awhile and see what happens.

What the he-.

ugh nvm, I'm not gonna argue.

Blood for Blood + Bloodbath + Overpower =

8BD8XqY.gif

Still asking for a code when I boot up the P4 client. I created a new Square Enix ID for the early access code (got locked out of my old SE account for some reason). Would this have something to do with it?

Actually I think it's because I had to use the beta under an American PSN account (stupid SE sent me an American code when I live in UK). So when I try and boot up the P4 client on my actual UK PSN account it locks me out.

I really wanted to have some time to play tonight and now I'm looking at a 120 minute download.

Roxas

Which instance?

Its the Sastasha one in Western La Noseca

You were supposed to be using Flash. You get it at level 8. The first instance is at 16.

I'm not a GLD. All the other party members kept shouting was "Use flash use flash!" So im trying to chat, navigate the UI to find flash make sure i havent forgot to put it in my hotbar and tank at the same time, using a PS3 controller, its bloody impossible to be honest. I didnt know that Overload is better for aggro because the ingame description is kinda crap and doesnt mention what it does.

Its all cool now though, ive been reading stuff on google during this downtime, so im better prepared.

Hey what's your in game name? I'm generally not on this early (7am in Australia) but I'm looking for a few friendly players or gaf link shell to join. I tried messaging one or two of the names on the spread sheet but they either werent on or did their English was no good. I'm boddhi teachwell if we happen to play at the same times.

Hey my char name is "Sky Saber", feel free to add me :)

What is the actual most exciting solo class? There are no semi-interesting combat encounters to be had in the first 15 levels of this game.

EDIT: Also, just think of Early Access as Beta Phase 5.

I liked PUG after the first 10 levels. Using enemies attacks to land the side/back combos and keeps you in movement a lot in parties, way more than LNC who takes much more time to start ramping.

I played for a while as WAR 50 checking some 45+ FATEs in Mor Dhona and Coertas, there ain't no BfB on WAR 50.

I was talking about MRD, which I'm leveling now.

Is very satisfying. (not saying is optimal, is just way more fun)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If you can get to Eastern Thanlaan and are around 20+, we have a party going for FATE XP farming

I got from lvl 20 THM to 28 in 5.5 hours (rested XP bonus helped the push)

I think we hit Chain #81, not sure, just as the FATE ended, so did the Chain lol

Highbridge FATE gives you at least 40,000+ XP if you party up
Have 2-3 THM and go spamming r' us with Bliz II

The DD/Healers/Tank lose FATE XP due to not hitting many mobs, but they make it back due to being in party + Chain # XP

Telling you if you want come along, it's awesome here hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom