• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaveli

If you can get to Eastern Thanlaan and are around 20+, we have a party going for FATE XP farming

I got from lvl 20 THM to 28 in 5.5 hours (rested XP bonus helped the push)

I think we hit Chain #81, not sure, just as the FATE ended, so did the Chain lol

Highbridge FATE gives you at least 40,000+ XP if you party up
Have 2-3 THM and go spamming r' us with Bliz II

The DD/Healers/Tank lose FATE XP due to not hitting many mobs, but they make it back due to being in party + Chain # XP

Telling you if you want come along, it's awesome here hehe

I'll join when the servers get back up.

Ryn

Question about the first set of dungeons you get in the main quest...

In the duty finder it lists out 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps. Are these roles required for the dungeons, or can we have a party where there are 2 tanks, 1 healer, and 1 dps for example?

If this is a requirement what about the later dungeons?

Khrno

Question about the first set of dungeons you get in the main quest...

In the duty finder it lists out 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps. Are these roles required for the dungeons, or can we have a party where there are 2 tanks, 1 healer, and 1 dps for example?

If this is a requirement what about the later dungeons?

The requirement is for random parties, not for a party made by the players.

barrin87

So the Arcanist's and Summoner's main stat is intelligence and the Scholar's is mind, correct?

I am going to go for a Scholar but I think I messed up and put my bonus stats into intelligence instead of mind. Hopefully there will be an item later to switch that around.

Berordn

oh lol

PST?

Yep. Sit cozy.

So the Arcanist's and Summoner's main stat is intelligence and the Scholar's is mind, correct?

I am going to go for a Scholar but I think I messed up and put my bonus stats into intelligence instead of mind. Hopefully there will be an item later to switch that around.

There is, but they won't be easy to get. A little INT won't hurt you in the long run either, since it'll help when soloing and you can fire off a few spells when you don't need to heal.

If you can get to Eastern Thanlaan and are around 20+, we have a party going for FATE XP farming

I think we hit Chain #81, not sure, just as the FATE ended, so did the Chain lol

The DD/Healers/Tank lose FATE XP due to not hitting many mobs, but they make it back due to being in party + Chain # XP

Which server? I can bring my CNJ :)

phierce

Soooo...any word on Wandering Minstrels? Are they in game? Is that the way to make your chocobo a party member?

I've searched all 3 cities.

barrin87

There is, but they won't be easy to get. A little INT won't hurt you in the long run either, since it'll help when soloing and you can fire off a few spells when you don't need to heal.

Cool, thank you for the information! I doubt it will really make that much of a difference right now anyway since I am only level 19 so I probably only put about 5 points into intelligence. I just want to make sure I'm using the right stats for when I get that far.

SleazyC

I'd be interested as well if you guys have room for my lvl 24 CNJ.

Alucrid

Banned

I'll join up as well. Just hit up the FC for an invite when the servers are back up?

bardia

Anyone got any recommendations for a good MMO mouse? Looking to upgrade from my old crappy mouse since I'll be playing this game regularly for the next little while.

fleck0

Is there a preferred stat for Bard? Would it be more important to be able to do damage through the 20% reduction or is there a stat that affects the song buffs?

Boss Man

That's pretty much a design choice...you may not like it, but is not related network code.
Is it also a design choice to make fall damage lag 1-2 seconds behind hitting the ground?

Even if it is, it's a pretty poor design choice. They said lack of cross-server communication was a choice as well, after they said it wasn't. I think these things are even worse as design decisions than they would be as tech limitations.

LowParry

Anyone got any recommendations for a good MMO mouse? Looking to upgrade from my old crappy mouse since I'll be playing this game regularly for the next little while.

I use a Logitech G700 if that helps. Most of my key binds are based on Alt+`-4 and the 4 side mouse buttons is has (plus the middle mouse).

I use a Logitech G600 for all the crazy buttons. It's an amazing mouse.

Don't even think of buying a Razer. Terrible build quality.

Baleoce

There's still times when I'm logged on and I just have to stop and think to myself "damn.. this shit looks great for an MMO". And DX11 isn't even patched in yet.

Boss Man

not 100% fixed, but it's much better now, yes.
That is actually great news. At least I know they're not sitting on it as if it's by design or something.

There's still times when I'm logged on and I just have to stop and think to myself "damn.. this shit looks great for an MMO". And DX11 isn't even patched in yet.
I'm excited to see how this looks (PS4 version will supposedly match the PC update too). Is there anything to reference?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What do you mean by lose fate xp? I can usually get gold in fates by simply flashing a group and hitting a mob or two

I mean Mobs die too quickly, the more you damage mobs the better Fate XP you get

If there's 50 people killing 1 huge boss, you won't get as much as say 15 killing him
Same goes for those onslaught waved FATEs

That's what I have seen

Vashetti

Banned

How? The servers are down for maintenance

2562612-FrySquint-gif.gif

Varna

Yup. Best looking mmo for sure. Runs fairly well too which is rare for MMOs.

Wonder if the PS4 version enhancements will just be fancier effects. Game does have some ugly looking texture work in some areas.

Skyler

Unconfirmed Member
There's a potion that resets attributes sold by the Grand Companies for 10,000 seals.
Soooo...any word on Wandering Minstrels? Are they in game? Is that the way to make your chocobo a party member?
The quest for companion is at Camp Tranquil. Wandering Minstrel was Beta only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom