• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they fix the instances. :( I managed to get the crab, fungus, and raptor minions while waiting for instances to be ready at least, lol.

----

iIjOQMN.jpg

I know there are less people on JP servers.

bardia

I use a Logitech G700 if that helps. Most of my key binds are based on Alt+`-4 and the 4 side mouse buttons is has (plus the middle mouse).

I use a Logitech G600 for all the crazy buttons. It's an amazing mouse.

Don't even think of buying a Razer. Terrible build quality.

Yeah I'm torn between the G600 and G700 not sure which one would be better for me. I don't only play MMO's and the 700 looks to have a more comfortable shape than the 600 so I'm leaning towards it. Any thoughts on the 2 mice?

Really enjoyed my time running around earlier today, bit overwhelmed at first because I'm playing on ps3 and ui and framerate are a bit of a mess but ill prob get used to it.

Seen a few people running around with a gaf tag as well shall have to sign up for that

Xilium

Is there a preferred stat for Bard? Would it be more important to be able to do damage through the 20% reduction or is there a stat that affects the song buffs?

DEX for damage. You can get some PIE to increase the amount of time you can keep a song going if you wish but SE seems to be pushing for Bard to be more of a straight DD now so DEX should be your primary focus.

Ok guys I need help. Just preordered the regular edition from the playstation store but I got no early access code. Do I even need one? I have the client downloaded so shouldn't I be able to get In? Under my services in account settings early access is listed

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I really hope they fix the instances. :( I managed to get the crab, fungus, and raptor minions while waiting for instances to be ready at least, lol.

----

iIjOQMN.jpg

I know there are less people on JP servers.

Doesn't excuse that they made more than adequate preparations for the JP launch, yet apparently don't care about the NA/EU launch. They knew exactly how many people to expect with the early launch, and they just ignored it.

I mean Mobs die too quickly, the more you damage mobs the better Fate XP you get

If there's 50 people killing 1 huge boss, you won't get as much as say 15 killing him
Same goes for those onslaught waved FATEs

That's what I have seen

You also get graded on agro you pull so tanks will still earn well by spamming skills like Overpower or Flash and healers can still earn well by healing. Even if they don't do a lot of damage in FATEs with a lot of mobs. Obviously AoE skills will pull more enemity

smr00

Banned
Do they not have a 1-800 support number? A buddy of mine is being given the fucking run around on the forum/support time.

He pre-ordered the game. Paid it off and everything from squares website and they sent him his e-mail with the order # and receipt etc. but wasn't given any pre-order key/cd key and it said to look up his order via order # and nothing. I even logged in his account to see if i could find it and nothing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
From my < 1 week experience

Never Solo, always team up

After 10+ be in a party, and fate farm, after every 10 levels go bum rush all main quest, side quests, do a few good xp guildleves

I made the mistake of soloing and wasting time in Phase 4

Party and FATE's go hand in hand

If you FATE farm, kill mobs around you in bunches, just keep being on the hunt, get XP
Don't wait for FATE's to pop, just keep at it
I think I got 5 levels from FATEs and 3 from just basic mobs getting obliterated and stacked, killing everything in sight

Whatever your level add +5 and kill those, have 4+ party member go to work

Yeah I'm torn between the G600 and G700 not sure which one would be better for me. I don't only play MMO's and the 700 looks to have a more comfortable shape than the 600 so I'm leaning towards it. Any thoughts on the 2 mice?
I really like having the extra buttons for everything. The modifier button on the G600 changes every game I play. I no longer have to use keyboard modifers for inputs.

I'll use a non-gaming example. In chrome you can switch to specific tabs by using CTRL+# (each tab has a specific number). WIth my mouse I can just hold down the modifier button and hit 1-12 and bring up any tab I need. So handy.

I have relatively small hands and it feels really great. It looks like a big mouse, and it kinda is, but it's very comfortable and not a pain to use all the buttons.

I have no experience with the G700, but it looks like a more streamlined mouse. I used to use them for shooters as I didn't think there was a need for many buttons, but once I started playing SWTOR with a Razer Naga I've never looked back. I'd rather have the option to map controls (even in shooters) to my mouse than not.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention. The G600 is wired and IMO wired is the way to go with gaming, especially shooters.

If you can get to Eastern Thanlaan and are around 20+, we have a party going for FATE XP farming

I got from lvl 20 THM to 28 in 5.5 hours (rested XP bonus helped the push)

I think we hit Chain #81, not sure, just as the FATE ended, so did the Chain lol

Highbridge FATE gives you at least 40,000+ XP if you party up
Have 2-3 THM and go spamming r' us with Bliz II

The DD/Healers/Tank lose FATE XP due to not hitting many mobs, but they make it back due to being in party + Chain # XP

Telling you if you want come along, it's awesome here hehe

I'd like to get on that when servers go back up. I'm lvl 23 lancer

letterboxart

Neo Member
So the Arcanist's and Summoner's main stat is intelligence and the Scholar's is mind, correct?

I am going to go for a Scholar but I think I messed up and put my bonus stats into intelligence instead of mind. Hopefully there will be an item later to switch that around.
I think Scholar gets access to Cleric Stance (cross class from Conjurer), which swaps MND and INT, increases attack, and decreases healing. I'm not sure how it compares to stacking MND and using Summoner for soloing. There is some debate about ACN stats because of their dual jobs, but the class is still pretty new. Either way, the allocated stat points seem pretty minimal compared to the stats you get from gear.

Pretty sure you can buy stat reallocation with grand company seals.

Xilium

Level 28 requires 108,000 XP, that's like 1,000 mobs just to get 1 level on solo lol

I'm in no rush to hit endgame tbh. One of the primary reasons I solo in the first place in MMOs is because I like to take my time to read quest dialog, hunt down every quest in a given area, complete all sidetask (such as the hunting log), grind dungeons for loot, ect.

I know a lot of people are primarily focused on leveling so I tend to just keep to myself since I know I'd only be slowing them down anyway.

i23mix

I have both mice. The G700 is definitely more comfortable. The G600 is a great mouse though if you can get used to it. There are some problems with the G600 that people have been reporting with some games like LoL or DOTA though where the cursor randomly jumps. Don't know how widespread the issue is though. I bought my G600 refurbed and have noticed the cursor moving by itself sometimes. Having said that I'd recommend the G700 as a safer bet for all your games other than FFXIV.

GraveRobberX

Same. Levelling like Graverobber just said sounds really awful

I want to experience all the quests and areas, not rush through it all to hit the level cap ASAP

I'm doing quests too, not rushing to 50

Every 10 levels I gain, I go back and smash through quests
Get better gear, more dungeons (most of them I will be over-leveled)

It's good to get ahead of the rush

Right now most casuals don't know how to XP right, once the learn, good luck FATE farming
Right now if you party with GAFfers you can gain at least 5-10 levels ahead of the curve and be ahead of most and go to new areas and it's FATE's

You don't want to get caught in the bum rush when people start leaving the starting areas

Better to have 5-8 GAFfers try to get XP in a new area + FATE's rather than have 50-100 people lagging the shit out of the area for the same thing and get scraps

From my < 1 week experience

Never Solo, always team up

After 10+ be in a party, and fate farm, after every 10 levels go bum rush all main quest, side quests, do a few good xp guildleves

I made the mistake of soloing and wasting time in Phase 4

Party and FATE's go hand in hand

If you FATE farm, kill mobs around you in bunches, just keep being on the hunt, get XP
Don't wait for FATE's to pop, just keep at it
I think I got 5 levels from FATEs and 3 from just basic mobs getting obliterated and stacked, killing everything in sight

Whatever your level add +5 and kill those, have 4+ party member go to work

Ugh, Is nice for a while but I rather find my own rhythm between, like doing story quests, class quests...are just run out there.

Alucrid

Banned
I get the feeling that more than half of them are lurkers who don't even post here.

It's down for maintenance for another hour and a half.

Yeah, it doesn't help that people like me made their gaf name and in game name completely different.

antitrop

I just got home from work. I'm really excited.

FF Prelude nearly brings tears every time. The version they use in this one is especially well arranged, I love it.

King_Moc

Banned
I might change things up at that level, but I'm playing really slowly and reading everything right now. I'm only level 21.

From what they said, you're first class should be able to get all the way to 50 with quests. For subsequent classes, you'd need to grind with fate farms etc.

jiggle

does buying a digital copy from SE, which they make you link to SE account, also registers the game? Or will SE send out a registration code later that can be registered to a dif account?

Friend bought a EU CE but accidently made a NA account to link to
and now SE is telling her the game won't work and she needs to buy a second copy

GraveRobberX

Ugh, Is nice for a while but I rather find my own rhythm between, like doing story quests, class quests...are just run out there.

I understand

I'm just saying there are many ways to play MMO

Right now for me, I think this is a smart way to be ahead

Whatever floats your boat

From what they said, you're first class should be able to get all the way to 50 with quests. For subsequent classes, you'd need to grind with fate farms etc.

Or if you smart you can bypass some quest and save them for the other classes

Xilium

I think Scholar gets access to Cleric Stance (cross class from Conjurer), which swaps MND and INT, increases attack, and decreases healing. I'm not sure how it compares to stacking MND and using Summoner for soloing. There is some debate about ACN stats because of their dual jobs, but the class is still pretty new. Either way, the allocated stat points seem pretty minimal compared to the stats you get from gear.

Pretty sure you can buy stat reallocation with grand company seals.

Personally, I've decided to split my stats between INT and MND so that I can play a decent backup healer when playing as an Archanist and being able to go back and forth between SMN and SCH as needed.

Also, unless the skill changes for when it's being used by SCH, the way cleric stance is currently set up, it isn't going to do much for SCH heals. While it does swap INT and MND, it also reduces healing by 20% (and increases attack by 10%). That 20% drop would pretty much nullify the benefit for swapping the stats.

I understand

I'm just saying there are many ways to play MMO

Right now for me, I think this is a smart way to be ahead

Whatever floats your boat

That's where some people differ, I think a lot of us aren't in any real race to the endgame
I'd say a lot of people that kind of commitment isn't really feasible (school or jobs etc) so I know for myself I'd rather go at a leisurely pace

That's why it's nice to have GAF, there's always someone up for a dungeon run or whatever.

Uthred

Regarding the Veteran rewards, if you register for 90 days come Tuesday you get your free month and then your 90 days kick in, right? Also has it been confirmed if you can "stack" game cards e.g. buy two 60 day cards and throw them on to give yourself four months rights off the bat and net all the Veteran bonuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom