• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

bahhh i ordered a pizza and i will watch some netflix until this server shit is over... i hate how i work so much during the week and on my day off I cant even play the game...

aceface

I get the feeling that more than half of them are lurkers who don't even post here.

Hey I post here occasionally! (Leolin Heiral, although I'm not too talkative in the game cause I'm on the PS3 and the usb keyboard is attached with a very short cord across the room, lol)

Xilium

How's the FATE situation in your servers, guys?

Here on Ragnarok is something like this

Kinda miss Phase 3 FATEs where I had to wait for 2-3 people to engage the stronger FATEs. :\

The low level fates are like that (Sub 20) but the higher than that, the horde starts to thin out a bit.

Omnicent

I wonder if lower South Shroud will be good for fate parties at 30+.

Doing the Nunyunuwi(Golem) and the 5 fates near him, Hive, Coerul King, could end up pretty good if there is enough people to clear those out fast enough.

The only problem is motherfukin ODIN. There are like 4 places in S.Shroud he can be at... it would be a blood bath (Sea Horror x1000?).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That's where some people differ, I think a lot of us aren't in any real race to the endgame
I'd say a lot of people that kind of commitment isn't really feasible (school or jobs etc) so I know for myself I'd rather go at a leisurely pace

That's why it's nice to have GAF, there's always someone up for a dungeon run or whatever.

For me is the more I learn, the more I can pass down
Sometime people will get into stumbling blocks and need help, so if you have the info it is almost a pay it forward mentality
Also be awesome to have AF and go back help others with dungeon and lvl sync back to lower levels HAHA!

Emitan

Doesn't excuse that they made more than adequate preparations for the JP launch, yet apparently don't care about the NA/EU launch. They knew exactly how many people to expect with the early launch, and they just ignored it.

"Ignored it." You mean "S-E, like every game developer, didn't waste thousands of dollars on servers that would be unnecessary in a week."

I have both mice. The G700 is definitely more comfortable. The G600 is a great mouse though if you can get used to it. There are some problems with the G600 that people have been reporting with some games like LoL or DOTA though where the cursor randomly jumps. Don't know how widespread the issue is though. I bought my G600 refurbed and have noticed the cursor moving by itself sometimes. Having said that I'd recommend the G700 as a safer bet for all your games other than FFXIV.
You know this rarely happens with me, but that explains the creepy ghost moving cursor I get sometimes. I always just assumed it was my dog or something, but then realized he was no where near the mouse.... and the mouse was upside down.

POLTERGEISTS!

Alucrid

Banned
While we're all waiting...what does the end game of FF 14 generally consist of? Just looking for an approximation off of 11 and 14 1.0, since no one probably has first hand experience.

Riposte

FATEs are brainless content until +20 when the NMs start feeling like NMs (granted, that isn't any special in itself). Mechanically speaking, this game is a bore for the first few hours. I don't think they've nerfed those FATEs, anyway. Probably did lol.

Compared to FFXIV 1.23, there is a lot more content and the content pipeline for down the line is better. There are a bunch of dungeons, three primal battles, etc. Stuff that took several updates to reach with 1.0. FFXI came out in a different context, so that's harder to compare. The actual release was very bare though.

Isaccard

Doesn't excuse that they made more than adequate preparations for the JP launch, yet apparently don't care about the NA/EU launch. They knew exactly how many people to expect with the early launch, and they just ignored it.

Since you canceled your pre-order how can they afford to buy more servers? DUH

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
While we're all waiting...what does the end game of FF 14 generally consist of? Just looking for an approximation off of 11 and 14 1.0, since no one probably has first hand experience.

I think
Crystal Tower
and
Bahamaut

Sblargh

Banned
That's where some people differ, I think a lot of us aren't in any real race to the endgame
I'd say a lot of people that kind of commitment isn't really feasible (school or jobs etc) so I know for myself I'd rather go at a leisurely pace

That's why it's nice to have GAF, there's always someone up for a dungeon run or whatever.

I think I never wanted to take it as slow in an MMO as this.
For someone who never played FFXI, the job system seems the most amazing invention ever.

It just let's you play at whatever pace you feel like for some reason. There's never fear you are lagging behind, because at any given point in time, somebody will be leveling something.

So I'll probably be pretty quiet in this thread but I'll be around Ultros likely in a Linkshell. I have some other friends that I'm FC'ing but I'll be willing to help someone out if I can from GAF.

And dammit. I go to lunch and run errands and I come back to servers being down. Had hoped to play a couple of hours before I had to meet people for dinner. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. :\

Vashetti

Banned
I'm having withdrawal

ibrOPT0vEsyXiu.gif

Khrno

Also be awesome to have AF and go back help others with dungeon and lvl sync back to lower levels HAHA!

Looks aside, but there's nothing awesome on the AFs. By the way you play seems to me you like to aim high, so the same gear wise, and AF is at the bottom of the list.

erawsd

Ugh, Is nice for a while but I rather find my own rhythm between, like doing story quests, class quests...are just run out there.

Yeah, I feel the same. I did high bridge FATE grinding just to get my choco but it got boring pretty quick. At least for this first play through, I want to try and immerse myself as much as possible by seeing/doing everything at the level its intended.

my fucking god Square Enix. Never ever ever ever, has it been so complicated to pre-order, purchase, register, sign-on, figure out how the fuck this all works.

I bought FFXIV 1.0 day 1. I've been playin the ARR beta. I didnt preorder cause i already own it and can play on the 27th. I want early access. so i pre-order. 2 different square enix account that somehow maybe seem to be linked? preorder from one, play from the other? so i said fuckit and just preordered. NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL. NO EARLY ACCESS CODE. WTTTTFFFFFFFF.

I use a Logitech G600 for all the crazy buttons. It's an amazing mouse.

Don't even think of buying a Razer. Terrible build quality.

Yeah I have been using that mouse the past year, its amazing, went through 3 razer nagas with a year and a half, such bad quality especially compared to the g600.

Baleoce

*Really* loving that art book in the CE. Top notch. But I have to admit, I'm not a fan of just getting a 6 song "Sounds of.." CD (which is basically a preview). Was expecting something a bit meatier. I know they make money from selling the soundtrack also, and that's fine. But still..

EDIT - Infact, I'm probably being a bit unfair. Some of these tracks are almost 12 minutes long and are medley'd. There's more content here than there initially seems.

Noi

Why were people wondering? You can't release a game without trophies now.

I know that, but people are currently playing the game with the retail client (which has no trophy list) and no list has been posted on the usual trophy sites. It was worth asking!

I'm thinking I might become a Miner with my Therm once I hit 10, there seems like a lot of nice mining spots around Ul'Dah.

What's the required level for Copperbell Mines, it's a dungeon, right?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Oh, so the soundtrack in the collectors edition is one of those preview discs. Wish CEs would stop doing this, especially considering the premium charged.

Top-tier art book though. Nice to fill the maintenance periods with.

Emitan

I'm thinking I might become a Miner with my Therm once I hit 10, there seems like a lot of nice mining spots around Ul'Dah.

What's the required level for Copperbell Mines, it's a dungeon, right?

Because their system generated each and every EA code. So there was an exact count to base the model off of.

Not everyone with a code is going to play in early access. They can make a reasonable estimate but they don't know the exact number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom