• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Because their system generated each and every EA code. So there was an exact count to base the model off of.

There are people still preordering today and a bunch of people are preordering and canceling after they get their codes. There is no way they knew how many people to expect.

Damn, just got done re-wiring my house and was expecting to play for ARR, well at least on NA servers. Eh, I'll just screw around on the JP servers for now.

So, how's everyone enjoying the game so far? Any major WoW players in here? Love to hear what you like / dislike about the game. Hoping I can stay on-board long enough to enjoy this and not fall off like I did SWTOR and GW2.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I'm thinking I might become a Miner with my Therm once I hit 10, there seems like a lot of nice mining spots around Ul'Dah.

What's the required level for Copperbell Mines, it's a dungeon, right?
You get it in the main story questline after the 2 other dungeons.

Jomjom

Banned
Damn, just got done re-wiring my house and was expecting to play for ARR, well at least on NA servers. Eh, I'll just screw around on the JP servers for now.

So, how's everyone enjoying the game so far? Any major WoW players in here? Love to hear what you like / dislike about the game. Hoping I can stay on-board long enough to enjoy this and not fall off like I did SWTOR and GW2.

Longtime swtor player here and I can say I already love this game about 10x more than swtor.

Aesthet1c

Earlier today Ultros was closed to new characters.

Is there any possibility that is going to change? I hope it doesn't stay closed all weekend. I have a friend who I really want to play with, but I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be able to join Ultros :(.

I stopped playing GW2 after a few weeks.
I had a lot of fun with the crafting jobs (gaining like 3 levels a minute, shit was crazy) but overall I thought the gameplay (and story) were pretty terrible. And the dynamic events weren't all that special.

I much preferred Tera, really exciting gameplay! But the problem with Tera was that it was a little repetitive, there were like 5 variations of quests and that's all. Dungeons were super fun though, and can't beat those BAM fights.

ARR seems like a nice combination of both of them. The gameplay isn't as fun as Tera, but the ability to switch between classes and jobs and crafts really goes a ways to remedy that. And of course there's that combination of dynamic events (FATEs) and dungeons/instances. And most of all, ARR has a presentation that bests both of them, brilliant writing/music/art etc

Mugaaz

There are people still preordering today and a bunch of people are preordering and canceling after they get their codes. There is no way they knew how many people to expect.

Exact, no. The fact that you need to redeem preorder code for EA code, means they do have exact figure to generate a model that would be good enough to figure out hardware requirements though. They didn't due to lack of technical ability or money. Period. I swear, the MMO industry is the only one where infrastructure people are allowed to horrifically fail and it's considered the norm. If this happened in any other sector your ass would be gone.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
So does anyone know what the transparent lighting setting controls? The performance impact between high and normal is significant and I can't tell the difference.

Overall been very impressed with performance. I heard horror stories from the initial launch so it's reassuring to see a well optimised game.

Is there any possibility that is going to change? I hope it doesn't stay closed all weekend. I have a friend who I really want to play with, but I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be able to join Ultros :(.

Yeah, during P4 the server would open up sporadically in the following days after originally being closed.
It'll probably open up some time tomorrow. They open and close them for congestion purposes.

I imagine they'll all open for launch.

Izayoi

Banned
What a wise one you are. I've been apart of numerous MMO launches,and I complain each time because its 2013 and retarded this stuff still exists. But, yes, it comes with the territory. It's just dumb to see a defense force for it.
I'm not defending it, I'm saying that it's silly to get so upset over something that is to be expected at this point. You're stressing out and letting it ruin your enjoyment and sour the entire experience for no good reason. Why?

Anyone got any recommendations for a good MMO mouse? Looking to upgrade from my old crappy mouse since I'll be playing this game regularly for the next little while.
I use this. The Razer Naga is more comfortable, in my opinion, but mine went bad after about a year (double-click issue, you can Google it if you're curious). Logitech build quality is much better.

akaoni

Banned

I created my Ultros character earlier today on a whim, lucky. I guess this to be expected though. You should've created his character for him like a good friend!

Vashetti

Banned

Damn you Japan!
LLShC.gif

Varna

I can never get use to having a ton of buttons on my mouse. Every time I hit one I end up moving my mouse and it bugs me. DeadAdder is good, it just needs like one more button on the side.

Cmagus

I got some stuff done today.

Miner from 43 - 44
Weaver from 14 - 20

I really wanna work on my relic but the quest isn't available till launch. Not only that but it can't be completed till patch 2.1 because that's when ifrit extreme is being introduced.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I can never get use to having a ton of buttons on my mouse. Every time I hit one I end up moving my mouse and it bugs me. DeadAdder is good, it just needs like one more button on the side.

I'm still pissed a condensation from a glass of ice water destroyed my naga. It made the little glued on things fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom