• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnicent

How are people leveling DoH, by the way? It seems super slow to me but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

It's not slow at all, it just feels that way.

Once you get past the level 5 nodes you should be getting 100+ exp(more as you get to higher level nodes) per hit, so over 500 exp per node.

From level 4-15 make sure you use Sharp Vision I (or the BTN equivalent). Also do not go for high level items. Go for items that have a base success of 90% or higher before vision buffs are applied.

Once you get to 15 try to aim for the highest item with a 90%-100% success rate and use Unearth to get HQ which triples your exp for that hit. At that point you will also have whisper buffs active from nodes, so try to use Unearth on nodes that will give you +1 attempt or +10% success rate. Use any others to build up your GP so you can use Unearth on the good nodes again.

There is probably a whole lot more, but I'm about to eat dinner. If you're on Ultros shoot me a tell (Bellona Hecate) if you need some help with DoH stuff.

Past level 15 it stays the same. I have actually ran some numbers on Unearth II vs Unearth I, but depends on it's GP cost (for Unearth II) and whisper buffs of the nodes in the area. I'll probably take a look when I get back on, since I have not looked at it yet.

Mairu

Man, I wish they'd release a little more information about how they lock/unlock servers for new characters. My friends would really like to be able to play... at some point :|

macklelol

yay, I got in.

Could I get an invite to the FC on Ultros? Sent a tell to a few of the officers ingame but I got nothing back. Name is Maki Rolz

Foaloal

Yay, maintenance was shorter than planned as I was hoping :)

Too bad I couldn't make a char on Ultros in P4, hopefully server transfers come soon and don't cost $15 or whatever they did on FFXI

Kenai

Ultros still being locked is madness. Glad I got on earlier, but the queues on the real release might be terrifying.

Time for more fun!

Eusis

Eh, need to head out to return SR4. Granted I have no idea how much downtime we have to look forward to, but there's other things to do that don't cost $2 a day to keep.

ya'll and your fancy keybind mice. i have a g400 and am a clicker

Alt and Ctrl keybinds save lives! I started doing alt ctrl and ~ 1-5 in wow a couple years ago, and it's really comfortable for me, granted, ctrl and ~ aren't great if you want to hit a key and keep walking.

Totakeke

Someone invite me into the FC on Ultros while I'm stuck without an instance, already joined the guildworks site.

IGN: Eril Halfdan

Wow, I can't believe instances are still screwed up.

Square is looking really pathetic right now. 5 hours of maintenance with absolutely nothing to show for it? Come on...

Aeana

I didn't even make it back to my PC before I started hearing people talking about insances being broken again. Come on. :(

kiryogi

Banned
Anyone on Sargantus get someone to invite me to the FC/LS? Tarethen Lightwing is the name.
Also alien. I won't be home until midnight pst today. But, apply on the website in the meantime so I can remember to look for you when I get home. Reddot.guildwork.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom