• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I have waited for this game to comes out on ps3 for so long.Years. Cant wait to get my Copé thusday.

Great OT by the way, lot of time went onto it, gratz.

Uthred

Tried the Nvidia inspector settings from earlier in the thread, took a noticeable performance hit (GTX 660 TI 4GB) for no appreciable difference in visual quality, FXAA seems to be working fine by default. May experiment later (when being able to play the game isnt a rarity ;) )

Mairu

f36c02eaf526f998afee86b63dc69acf.png

I shouldn't be surprised. :|

Vashetti

Banned
What the hell are they doing in these 'maintenances'?

Turning the servers off and waiting a few hours and hoping everything's okay?

Also alien. I won't be home until midnight pst today. But, apply on the website in the meantime so I can remember to look for you when I get home. Reddot.guildwork.com

Was thinking more along the lines of just a link shell invite for chatting since actually applying on a website is more effort then I want to do considering ill likely end up in another FC with some friends later down the line. Thanks for the response though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, the server maintenance did fucking nothing...

bet those JP servers are still running smoothly though.

Why can't we have stable servers like the JPN ones? :(

Well you see, in Japan they knew how many people pre-ordered and knew how many people to expect, and planned accordingly.

For NA and Europe, they knew how many people pre-ordered and knew how many people to expect, and decided to just say "fuck it, we got to make sure those JP servers are good"

teiresias

This a damn comedy of errors . . . literally errors. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . . and the same ones even after maintenance.

HIIIIIILARIOUS. Good thing this isn't release? Right guys? Right?

This game needs it's own chalkboard meme graphic.

Any knowledgeable PC people able to help me?

I'm currently running the game on a 680. If I set the frame limit to 60 capped, I don't like the rigid feel, so I've left the frame limit off, and I'm getting around 70-100 FPS.

My question is, my card usage (Without the frame limit) is permanently high because of it, and the fans are going crazy....is it okay to let it run like that 24/7, or will my card die prematurely under that level of strain for extended periods of time?

opoth

Banned
My progress is coming to a standstill because the majority of main quests are 'instances'.

What's progress exactly? When all the instance BS happened earlier, I started leveling crafting and alternate classes, doing levequests, etc. There is never nothing to do in this game, even if you're not always advancing the plot.

Aeana

Any knowledgeable PC people able to help me?

I'm currently running the game on a 680. If I set the frame limit to 60 capped, I don't like the rigid feel, so I've left the frame limit off, and I'm getting around 70-100 FPS.

My question is, my card usage (Without the frame limit) is permanently high because of it, and the fans are going crazy....is it okay to let it run like that 24/7, or will my card die prematurely under that level of strain for extended periods of time?
I recommend installing D3DOverrider and turning on forced triple buffering in that. Then you should have a really smooth game.

Nibiru

Banned
I am trying to finish that Duty, honor main story quest and I killed the mage now it wants me to go to the heart of the sworn and find Papashan but I have no idea where this place is. The map is no help. I would remember maybe but my quest glitched bad early in the beta and I have forgotten.

Please HELP!

And it will still be hilarious because there will still be people in here saying "wait for . . ."

Wait for a week until the servers become stable

Well, I'm sure it'll be stable eventually. I expected this kind of congestion, though. Don't really mind it.

I just wanna get my character into Ultros at least!

Sandfox

Given there history with MMO's I think there is certainly precedent that they won't fix it within any kind of timely fashion. I hope I am wrong though since I enjoy the game.
The main problem now is that the servers are being overloaded so its not like they have to go out of there way to get it working when things die down a bit.

Mims

What's progress exactly? When all the instance BS happened earlier, I started leveling crafting and alternate classes, doing levequests, etc. There is never nothing to do in this game, even if you're not always advancing the plot.

When your still stuck with no airship pass and no way to unlock the classes and crafts you want it gets really annoying. They should have kept it the way it was in 1.0 and just equip a weapon, but not having to go to another city just to do a turn in quest to unlock it.

Riposte

I think my mood for this game would be improved ever so slightly if I hadn't start Limsa. I'm stuck on this island and there are carbuncles everywhere. This is the worst. I feel my misanthropy rising.

gribbles

Banned
Said screw it, and started up a new character on the JP servers. Its ridiculous that japan gets better treatment than the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom