• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man

So you think they will never fix it and it will always be like this?
I'm sure the game will "work" at some point next week, but it will probably be riddled with bugs for a while and it will be funny seeing people defend it. It's not just that there are early errors, but that the game hasn't even really worked at all in NA/EU for the past week and they're looking pretty inept failing to fix it.

Hell, the 3120(?) error on the NA/EU side went unnoticed for an entire day before people got desperate and started posting on the JP side of the forum. It just doesn't seem to be handled very well, and it certainly doesn't seem like the game will be ready for Tuesday (in NA/EU at least).

The main problem now is that the servers are being overloaded so its not like they have to go out of there way to get it working when things die down a bit.

Then what happens if a new patch comes out that suddenly increases player activity further down the line if they don't fix the issue that is actually causing this to happen? Just because stuff dies down and the issue becomes less widespread doesn't mean its any less important to fix moving forward and I just don't have much faith in them due from past experiences in doing any kind of tweaking in a timely fashion, whether it be bug fixing, code optimizing or gameplay balancing.

How do I make it so that I can never target a carbuncle again?
It happens way too often and the targeting settings I've set in the options seem to have done jack. I guess I did them wrong.

7x7l8Ii.gif

Perfect.

Sandfox

Then what happens if a new patch comes out that suddenly increases player activity further down the line if they don't fix the issue that is actually causing this to happen? Just because stuff dies down and the issue becomes less widespread doesn't mean its any less important to fix moving forward and I just don't have much faith in them due from past experiences in doing any kind of tweaking in a timely fashion, whether it be bug fixing, code optimizing or gameplay balancing.
I never said that they weren't going to fix things. I'm just saying that its not going to some huge thing that they would need to take a really long time to do.

I recommend installing D3DOverrider and turning on forced triple buffering in that. Then you should have a really smooth game.

Thanks a lot, appreciated. I have no idea what any of this is...but found the triple buffering thread and I have somewhat of an understanding (barely) of how it works. Hopefully this fixes it!

Thanks again for the quick response.

P.S: With D3D forcing V-Sync, do I turn on V-Syinc ingame too, or do I just leave it off?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm sure the game will "work" at some point next week, but it will probably be riddled with bugs for a while and it will be funny seeing people defend it. It's not just that there are early errors, but that the game hasn't even really worked at all in NA/EU for the past week and they're looking pretty inept failing to fix it.

Hell, the 3120(?) error on the NA/EU side went unnoticed for an entire day before people got desperate and started posting on the JP side of the forum. It just doesn't seem to be handled very well, and it certainly doesn't seem like the game will be ready for Tuesday (in NA/EU at least).

It seems the issues are related to server issues, which can entirely be laid at the foot of Square and their incompetence at preparing for this launch.

They had to have known how many pre-orders there were, given they've been giving out pre-order codes. They knew how many people to expect for the early start. Sure, Tuesday they could use the excuse that they had a huge wave of people buy the game, but they saw the numbers and decided not to plan for it. They did in Japan though. They knew how many people to expect, and made sure there were enough servers to handle the load.

Cmagus

I think my mood for this game would be improved ever so slightly if I hadn't start Limsa. I'm stuck on this island and there are carbuncles everywhere. This is the worst. I feel my misanthropy rising.
Trust me I feel you. As a lalafell I learned never keep peanuts in your pockets have you ever seen 50 carbuncle chasing a lalafell not fun.

I hope this is up and running by time I get home :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wish I had started in Limsa. I assumed the base job for SMN wouldn't be quested and I could just buy the starter weapon from a NPC.

froliq

Decided to come back to ultros. Was finally able to select, but it filled up again when I finished naming my character. :(

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/66145-NA-Regarding-the-Instance-Related-Issues-%28Aug.-24%29?p=1054114#post1054114

[NA] Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24): Follow-up 3

The following is the current situation regarding the issue wherein players are unable to access instances for Worlds under the North American/European Data Centers.

In regards to the emergency maintenance that was implemented earlier, we have resolved the issue for the confirmed character data for certain players that were having that problem.

For the issue with the server in charge of connecting players to the instances, we are still experiencing heavy traffic and are working on a solution to improve the server.

We are currently concentrating all of our efforts to address this issue, so we appreciate your continued patience while we work to address this matter.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

So yeah, not really telling us anything.

DrTeflon

Alright, I decided that I should get ANOTHER final fantasy XIV (even though I have one) just to get pre order access

oh well right?

Anyway, question. I got my preorder code from amazon, I should get another code for the full game on aug 27th, am I right? or that preorder code (both of them) are enough?

Aeana

It is very telling that only NA/EU datacenter has the issues. Shoulda rolled on the JP Datacenter.
The reason is that there are dramatically more NA/EU players. So if everybody played on JP servers, then JP servers would be having the problem.

Vashetti

Banned
Wow, been running through some high-level areas on my chocobo and there are some stunning locations.

The starting areas do not compare.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It is very telling that only NA/EU datacenter has the issues. Shoulda rolled on the JP Datacenter.

They made sure they had enough servers for the JP launch. They saw those numbers and prepared. NA/EU saw those numbers and said "no, thanks"

The reason is that there are dramatically more NA/EU players. So if everybody played on JP servers, then JP servers would be having the problem.

That's a terrible excuse. They knew exactly how many people to expect for the early release thanks to the early release codes being given out. It shouldn't matter how many more on are NA/EU servers, they knew what to expect and failed spectacularly.

Woot! Night and day difference after installing that GTX 760 2GB. Gawd Dayum. Solid 60fps nearly everywhere. Thanks for the help!

This. After 10 years of MMO's I know this is a problem that always occurs at launch. Better than SWG's launch, lol. I'll tell you that right now.

Cmagus

I womder if the jp servers are better off because the majority of the stress testing in alpha and parts of beta were on the Jp servers. Not really surprised and although I wanna play it does t bother me much. Kind of use to the way things go with this team and the whole 1.0 stuff none of this is surprising.

NIN90

They made sure they had enough servers for the JP launch. They saw those numbers and prepared. NA/EU saw those numbers and said "no, thanks"

That's a terrible excuse. They knew exactly how many people to expect for the early release thanks to the early release codes being given out. It shouldn't matter how many more on are NA/EU servers, they knew what to expect and failed spectacularly.

Have you ever experienced another MMO launch?

Woot! Night and day difference after installing that GTX 760 2GB. Gawd Dayum. Solid 60fps nearly everywhere. Thanks for the help!

This. After 10 years of MMO's I know this is a problem that always occurs at launch. Better than SWG's launch, lol. I'll tell you that right now.

oh my god, SWG. Now, i've played some bad launches, but SWG stands out as the MMO that catapulted the benchmark for rocky releases. But, gat damn, did I still put up with it and have blast.

smr00

Banned
So i just bought it off GMG and got my early access key and downloading, shows the game added to my account but was that key the actual game key? Or will they be sending me another key on the 27th?

Hopefully the client finishes up so i can get a little time in before starting. Spent a good 2 hours researching classes and was kind of bummed out how the Archer goes into Bard. So now i am debating between Black/Summon or Lance/Dragoon.

Zafir

Bah, just gunna go to bed. Can't really do much on my character with instances/duty finder being down. >.<

Hopefully they finally fix it by tomorrow.

phierce

Have you ever experienced another MMO launch?

Everyone keeps throwing this out there, and I completely agree with the truth in this statement, but WHY? I've been playing MMOs for damn near 20 years. Every launch is shit. Why the fuck hasn't anyone learned from all the failures before them? Baffles me.

So i just bought it off GMG and got my early access key and downloading, shows the game added to my account but was that key the actual game key? Or will they be sending me another key on the 27th?

You'll get the game key around the 26th or 27th. The one you have now is strictly for early access and preorder bonus items.

NIN90

Everyone keeps throwing this out there, and I completely agree with the truth in this statement, but WHY? I've been playing MMOs for damn near 20 years. Every launch is shit. Why the fuck hasn't anyone learned from all the failures before them? Baffles me.

Pretty sure there are logistical and/or monetary reasons for this. It's not like system administators just covered their ears and scream "LALALALA" for 20 years.

raven777

I made a clothe with weavering early on, but I can't wear it. It says lvl 1 all classes, but can't wear. I did put it on the armory chest.

the item is hempen undershirts.

edit: nvm got it

teiresias

At least then SE would give a damn about fixing it. Having these errors on the JP servers are apparently the only way SE is going to assign actual competent people to debug them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom