• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Everyone keeps throwing this out there, and I completely agree with the truth in this statement, but WHY? I've been playing MMOs for damn near 20 years. Every launch is shit. Why the fuck hasn't anyone learned from all the failures before them? Baffles me.

Economic reasons, I guess. Comes monday and it won't be "everyone the entire day"; one week later and most people are playing sane hours meaning the servers are nowhere near as stressed.

It makes more sense to sacrifice a smooth launch than to do some heavy investment that will only makes sense for these two days.

Still.
It sucks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sure its been brought up before, but none of my old equipment carried over, is that how its supposed to be? My poor Gobbue mount ...

Edit: nevermind, found the goods

I really hate how they have designed the game so that even solo quests require a "Duty Finder" instance to do. It'd be one thing if just dungeons were down right now, but I cannot progress my class/story missions which bugs me more than anything else.

I want my Unicorn mount... :p

Stupid question, but where do you buy weapons? I started at the sandy place (Rabanastre II), and I've been playing since last night but can't find anywhere which sells weapons.

TheContact

People still having problems logging in? I was able to log into Ultros no problem, had to wait about 2 minutes for a 30 person queue

People complaining about some quests still being broken though in chat

daveo42

Banned
There are still issues going on with the NA/EU servers? I was expecting some sort of fix now unless their servers are completely hosed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So is it true that Japan gets a duty finder server all to itself and all of NA/EU are sharing one duty finder server?

All we know is they can handle the capacity of the JP players, and they can't handle the capacity of the NA/EU players, despite knowing know many people would be playing.

crozier

I like the game (so far) and all, but parts--namely instancing and the outright rejection of new characters to full servers--feel really archaic.

Where the fuck do you get the early access code? I already owned FFXIV 1.0, so i preordered today just cause i got impatient and wanted in on the early access. 2 hours later i received my confirmation email, but still no code. WTF. I went to the www.findmyorder.com site and logged in there but no code is to be found. just says processing unlock code or some shit. WTH. any ideas?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid question, but where do you buy weapons? I started at the sandy place (Rabanastre II), and I've been playing since last night but can't find anywhere which sells weapons.
There are lots of little shops all around and one big bazaar area. One of your first story quests makes you visit it. Can't miss it.

teiresias

They did this on purpose. It is a xenophobic conspiracy!

No Final Fantasy Type-0 localization and horrible FFXIV western world servers. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Obviously sarcastic, but the attention they're (not) paying to NA/EU problems in comparison to JP problems is pretty a pretty stark contrast.

Haint

Shit my britches, I 9k'ed like 2 hours into phase 4 and now this. I'm never going to get past this lvl 8 quest. This is by far the worst MMO/ORPG launch I've ever experienced, by far.

Stoof

Either Square is just totally incompetent and had no clue how many early access codes they were giving out. Or they didn't care how many they were giving out.
Obviously

Shit my britches, I 9k'ed like 2 hours into phase 4 and now this. I'm never going to get past this lvl 8 quest. This is by far the worst MMO/ORPG launch I've ever experienced, by far.
Then you must not have experienced that many!

Either Square is just totally incompetent and had no clue how many early access codes they were giving out. Or they didn't care how many they were giving out.

I'd rather it be rough like this for a time now and have the server population stabilize (since population drop-off occurs as players that purchase the game stop playing or don't continue their sub) vs them creating a TON of extra servers to handle the load and then you'll have ghost-town servers after 5 months with cries of "OMG merge servers!" and "This game is dying it's sooo empty".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom