• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They should have never attempted to segregate the servers. FFXI worked just fine and a good mix on all servers ensured a good population at all times of the day.

Aeana

They should have never attempted to segregate the servers. FFXI worked just fine and a good mix on all servers ensured a good population at all times of the day.

Well, I certainly agree with that. I'm pretty bummed about how the servers are designated now.

DrTeflon

Where theyou get the early access code? ordered today just cause i got impatient and wanted in on the early access. 2 hours later i received my confirmation email, but still no code. WTF. I went to the www.findmyorder.com site and logged in there but no code is to be found. just says processing unlock code or some shit. WTH. any ideas?

I bought mine on amazon (pc download). After twoMinutes i got mine. Then iadded it to a website andgot another check with your retailer

_woLf

Then you must not have experienced that many!

Actually this is starting to approach the point where it's pretty bad. GW2 was not this bad at this point, nor was Aion's.

The reason why it's so bad is because we can't even do story quests. If it was just dungeons it'd be a completely different story.

Sandfox

No Final Fantasy Type-0 localization and horrible FFXIV western world servers. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Obviously sarcastic, but the attention they're (not) paying to NA/EU problems in comparison to JP problems is pretty a pretty stark contrast.
Are you assuming that Japan is getting better treatment because their servers aren't having problems?

The game itself is stable, no lag once you're in and available servers with slots. Maybe not the server you want but there are options.

No instance server is a pain (A super annoying, for sure), but this is no where near the worst MMO launch. Not even close.

Even with separate servers, you can still choose to be on the side you prefer.

It comes mostly from JP players being uncomfortable with western MMO culture and the frustration of being unable to communicate-although there were also JP players who were fine with it or even welcomed the exchange.

They probably saw it as a better business decision to offer separate servers.

Eusis

Economic reasons, I guess. Comes monday and it won't be "everyone the entire day"; one week later and most people are playing sane hours meaning the servers are nowhere near as stressed.

It makes more sense to sacrifice a smooth launch than to do some heavy investment that will only makes sense for these two days.

Still.
It sucks.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking is the case, it's not worth the investment unless launch day traffic was every day traffic, in which case yeah you're going to want to make that investment.

I think the least they could do now would be to implement a queue on instances since it seems like too many wanting to do them is causing the problem here. If that were there we'd be grumbling about long wait times on instances rather than it being some sort of trap for unsuspecting players.

Boss Man

Even with separate servers, you can still choose to be on the side you prefer.

It comes mostly from JP players being uncomfortable with western MMO culture and the frustration of being unable to communicate-although there were also JP players who were fine with it or even welcomed the exchange.

They probably saw it as a better business decision to offer separate servers.
I'm mainly disappointed that they don't have a few servers for the players who do want to keep the regions mixed. If it's true that the number of Japanese players is smaller than NA/EU, it's kind of silly that they split everything up completely because of what some Japanese players wanted.

Bashtee

*sigh* wanted to create a new character, but the server is full. That sucks.

Question: Anybody playing on PS3 with wifi? I encounter a lot of lags/frame drops, but I'm not sure if it's wifi or the client.

I'm mainly disappointed that they don't have a few servers for the players who do want to keep the regions mixed. If it's true that the number of Japanese players is smaller than NA/EU, it's kind of silly that they split everything up completely because of what some Japanese players wanted.

Besides the language barriers -> the ping. That was a real pain in the bum during 1.0 for me. I'm glad they streamlined the UI, everything was so incredible slow...

falastini

Well... A side benefit for NA players is we no longer have to play with a huge latency disadvantage to our JP counterparts. But it doesn't seem like that matters as much as it did in FFXI, and I guess EU is screwed either way.

Actually yeah, having a few mixed servers would have been cool.

Baleoce

ibi5rxIVeHcoit.jpg

This was a fun first day :)

kaiju

Question: Anybody playing on PS3 with wifi? I encounter a lot of lags/frame drops, but I'm not sure if it's wifi or the client.

I am, with no trouble before the last maintenance. Under the character select screen it tells you how good your connection is. Mine said "Excellent". I would check that first.

Haint

Actually this is starting to approach the point where it's pretty bad. GW2 was not this bad at this point, nor was Aion's.

The reason why it's so bad is because we can't even do story quests. If it was just dungeons it'd be a completely different story.

Yea the problem here is being exasperated by virtually all the meaningful content being gated off behind the perpetually broken instances. If you got hit with this early, you have no leves, no travel, no money, no nothing. Sure you can technically still run around doing Fates or grind XP slower than early FFXI BST solo, but that gets old pretty fast and you realize the game might as well be completely unplayable.

Torquill

No Final Fantasy Type-0 localization and horrible FFXIV western world servers. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Obviously sarcastic, but the attention they're (not) paying to NA/EU problems in comparison to JP problems is pretty a pretty stark contrast.

What JP problems? They aren't getting hit as hard (speculation, to be fair).

Yea the problem here is being exasperated by virtually all the meaningful content being gated off behind the perpetually broken instances. If you got hit with this early, you have no leves, no travel, no money, no nothing. Sure you can technically still run around doing Fates or grind XP slower than early FFXI BST solo, but that gets old pretty fast and you realize the game might as well be completely unplayable.

How are you limited on travel? You can walk to all three cities.

Boss Man

All of this will have been totally worth it if it makes people realize that having all progression tied to the Duty Finder menu with no NMs, open dungeons, etc. for more dedicated players to do on the side is boring.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So what's the deal with the mounts? I've heard you have to get your GC mount first, but I've had others say it's not true.

I used the whistle, selected it from my mounts menu, and the icon is greyed out and is not selectable. What do you have to do to use it?

kaiju

BREAKING:

[NA] Character Creation Limitation (Aug. 24)

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/66648-NA-Character-Creation-Limitation-%28Aug.-24%29?p=1054695#post1054695

Mairu

Where are the free character transfers? Why couldn't they have tested max populations of servers before they opened it up to release play?

This is really fucking shitty.

Phthisis

Great. So I paid for a game in which I could play with friends to not be able to play with friends because too many people are trying to play with friends.

Awesome job.

Boss Man

Have any JP servers been locked out of character creation?

If not, are any of them now? This sounds like what we've been dealing with all along. Is it a message for JP players?

On ultros didn't take long thankfull gaf free company not sure if linkshell was switchrd over to free company but name is Pistachio Dasalty

Invite if someone is on please thanks in advance

I guess I don't know what I was reading in Yoshi's post...

In laymen's terms, besides overfilling servers to the point they have temporary issues that can't be resolved until the load is lightened, what kind of damage are we looking at here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom