• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

katkombat

Banned
Walmart in Indianola, IA had the PS3 version for sale early apparently. Saw it there yesterday but thought the game was already out...wiki says 27th, is this true?

Jira

I guess I don't know what I was reading in Yoshi's post...

In laymen's terms, besides overfilling servers to the point they have temporary issues that can't be resolved until the load is lightened, what kind of damage are we looking at here?

Essentially the servers are close to the caps, unless people logoff they can't increase caps. If they try to increase caps the server may crash.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So what's the deal with the mounts? I've heard you have to get your GC mount first, but I've had others say it's not true.

I used the whistle, selected it from my mounts menu, and the icon is greyed out and is not selectable. What do you have to do to use it?

Reaskign since it got buried by Squares "Deal with it" news.

So playing through Uldah quests, got to level 8, finished the Silver Bazaar quest line, Underneath the Sultan Tree is bugged and now what?
Been running around gathering teleports and doing fate events where possible, got to 9, but still haven't seen a quest. Am I missing something?

Boss Man

Some of them have been locked since phase 4, but there are still some open ones-as there are for NA/EU. JP side also got the message.
Ah I was thinking it was a new issue for them and that's where the message came from. I guess it reads more like, "You probably aren't going to be able to play with your friends." now.

Boss Man

Amazing. Yoshi and co. had literally MONTHS to prepare for this contingency. And now that the contingency has arrived, his advice is literally "WELP, STOP FILLING UP THE SERVERS THEN DERP :D"

-_-
There was a message the other day from him saying there aren't enough tanks and to please play tank.

Before that when people were first bringing up the issue of a lack of community because of how unnecessary communication is, he asked everyone to be nice to each other and talk to everyone.

rockx4

Considering all these problems are being caused by sheer consumer demand to play the game, I'd say he's doing OK.

It just comes down to how the next few weeks are handled.

Next few weeks? Most current MMO players don't have the patience to wait that long, nor should they be expected to. SE needs to get this fixed before launch day - launch week.

Essentially the servers are close to the caps, unless people logoff they can't increase caps. If they try to increase caps the server may crash.

Ahhh... so they just need to throw up the ol' countdown timer... you have fifteen minutes to tidy up before we boot you and do some more maintenance. :/

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Eh....close enough.

b.JPG

Amazing. Yoshi and co. had literally MONTHS to prepare for this contingency. And now that the contingency has arrived, instead of fixing it, he simply says "WELP, STOP FILLING UP THE SERVERS THEN DERP :D"

-_-

Sounds like it may be a while before anyone new can get on Ultros =/ Will have to go to a new server probably to play with my Keion group.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Ah, people were trying to say that these errors and shit wouldn't happen during early access or release and believed that square fixed this stuff. Welcome to MMOs. =p

It's hilarious that they aren't offering free transfers to relieve stress. Hopefully they offer them soon.

Sandfox

I'm probably going to stop playing and take a break for a few hours. I should be able to get back on then lol.

Ha, it's ridiculous how many people there are! I've never played an MMO during launch period before, I'm amazed.

There are always tens of people on the screen at a time. I like being in a populated server but its kinda ridiculous at the same time.

Next few weeks? Most current MMO players don't have the patience to wait that long, nor should they be expected to. SE needs to get this fixed before launch day - launch week.

This is an artificial situation precisely because there are more people concurrently accessing the servers than the game will reasonably have doing so for most of its lifespan. Success or not, a lot of people are going to peace out once the first month expires.

Everyone always overdramatizes week one of MMO launches, they're always ugly and it's always the end of the world except it isn't. But if the situation doesn't improve by the time subscriptions are supposed to get renewed, then we have an actual problem.

that one quest near drybone where you have to kill 7 wolfes was a pain in the ass earlier. the spawn rate of them is pretty low, so you had like 30-40 people running around there trying to deal damage asap.

wasn't too fun as a tank.

Any idea when the instance servers might come back up? I don't see the point in just grinding so I can't really progress at all at the moment.

there is no ETA.

Alex

They should have never attempted to segregate the servers. FFXI worked just fine and a good mix on all servers ensured a good population at all times of the day.

All I remember is the early AM's being barren outside of Japanese players who largely wanted nothing to do with us at the time. That was very .... entertaining in a game with such hilariously awful party formation. Thank god our half-static had a RDM and a PLD.

Whooter

This is an artificial situation precisely because there are more people concurrently accessing the servers than the game will reasonably have doing so for most of its lifespan. Success or not, a lot of people are going to peace out once the first month expires.

Everyone always overdramatizes week one of MMO launches, they're always ugly and it's always the end of the world except it isn't. But if the situation doesn't improve by the time subscriptions are supposed to get renewed, then we have an actual problem.

You are very wise. Kudos.

Joqu

Finally got my early access code. Looks like it somehow got lost the first time, I was wondering why it was taking Amazon so long.

There's no way I'll get in Ultros anytime soon right? :/

Boss Man

I would think that if a person is willing to subscribe to your game, you want to have the capacity to let them.

The game fell apart during open beta with something like 120k concurrent users. Is that really the cap they're aiming for? Not to mention it only got that high because it fell apart in the first place - leaving everyone "logged in" at the same time but not really. There's no telling when the servers really started falling apart. Very likely that it was far less than 100k.

Sorry if already posted:

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

Thank you for your cooperation on the multiple maintenance correspondence.

With the 2 maintenance that was implemented with the NA/EU Data Center, we have resolved the 90000 error origin and corresponding characters. For the few reports that have been sent after the maintenance, it seems like it is a separate issue, and we will be working on them individually. Thank you for your cooperation with the maintenance.

And we are also currently working on the an even better way to optimize the heavy load of simultaneous access, heavy load on matching and the matching server features for Duty Finder.

Since it is hard to implement them during peak hours and that it might make the matters worse, we are carefully deciding when to do it.

So at 4:00 p.m. JST, we will be implementing a maintenance to optimize the NA/EU Data Centers. At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so a maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment. The Development and Support Team will continue to work hard for smoother play to our customers, and we thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.

akaoni

Banned
Along the lines of what people have mentioned, they need to spread out everyone among existing servers before even thinking of making new ones. Making too many servers has a detrimental effect on the longevity of the game and yet so many devs make the same mistake of just throwing more servers at it to make the problem go away.

It's a sub-based MMO. I would think that if a person is willing to subscribe to your game, you want to have the capacity to let them.

Yeah, within logistical sanity, which launch periods tend to lack--as you can clearly see now. From a standpoint of spending money it is a pretty raw deal to have several times your projected lifetime capacity ready for launch, and player activity has exceeded even that.

_woLf

Yeah, it's reaching critical mass in terms of a bad launch.

I can't believe they have the nerve to essentially blame us for their fuckup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom