• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

No new characters allowed on Ultros and maintenance in 3 hours.... I'm playing my beta character after all.

Apparently the phial of fantasia will let you change race and gender too. Thank goodness character names have an abbreviation toggle.

no, no, no. here's how it really looks

TnR5v1f.jpg

It's ME! Somewhere. Probably in front of everything. Yeah. I see the shield.

Whooter

I just cannot understand people who defend these launches. And yes, "this happens every launch" is a defense.

What's not to understand? People with experience in MMO launches recognize this as the nature of the beast, and don't get their panties in a wad.

It's impractical for companies to front-load their server capacity to try and allow everyone with a copy of the game to all be online at the same time during opening weekend/week. After the initial crush they're left with server capacity they'll likely never approach using again.

WolvenOne

Anybody know where that guy whom gives out rewards for Achievements is supposed to be? I remember its somewhere in Gridania, but not where, or even what it his name is.

Anybody know where that guy whom gives out rewards for Achievements is supposed to be? I remember its somewhere in Gridania, but not where, or even what it his name is.

I remember he's toward the north side on a path near an alcove, but can't remember if it's old or new Grid

Edit-old gridania, near the apkallu waterfall

CLBridges

Bought the game on PS3
Don't judge me lol
. Created an archer because I wanted a mid to long range damager. I only got to play for a couple hours. I selected the Siren World. But, I'm having pretty good impressions right now. I didn't experience any lag or stuttering and it was a lot of people online doing their thing in the forest and town. Playing solo and made it to level 5 and looking forward to playing more on Sunday. Overall, FF14 is definitely looking like it may prove to be a good time sink.

WolvenOne

I remember he's toward the north side on a path near an alcove, but can't remember if it's old or new Grid

Edit-old gridania, near the apkallu waterfall

Thanks, I'm in that area, but I must have missed him.

Incidentally, I'm starting to see GAFers in game now. Waved to one whom was fishing, though of course this character was a might busy. :)

komaruR

maintenance at
[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

atleast its for the instance problem

chrono01

Sorry I didn't get time to join the GAF guild today. I was unlucky with the server times and as such, my time playing the game was cut short [unfortunately]. Hopefully I will fix that tomorrow, although my sister is coming to visit so I'm not sure how much "gaming time" I'll have. ~_~

One small thing is I'm playing a new character different than the one I registered on the GAF website [same Class/Race/Realm, just a different name/appearance]. Do I need to re-register on the GAF Guild website, or can I simply change my Display Name to show the updated information [which I've already done] and link my Lodestone data [when the site updates for me and shows him being available]?

Also, I assume we're not nearing maximum capacity for Members, are we? If so, I might try to squeeze in some time tomorrow just to get an invite before company arrives...

teiresias

I'm going to log back into Ultros and go start being an armorer for about an hour. If someone is online that can invite me to the FC that'd be great:

Character: Merthaux Sorel

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I actually had a completely smooth experience today, other than waking up and having to wait an hour for maintenance.

I guess this is a lot more successful than 1.0, huh? That's one way to look at the crunch.

antitrop

I just learned the ability 'Rampart'.

For the entire duration of the game I will never be able to think of anything other than Woody Harrelson's Reddit AMA.

vazel

Banned
What kind of framerate are people getting in crowded cities? I'm getting a little over 30fps on my 3570k and 660ti. According to hwinfo the game is using 80% of my GPU and a full three cores of my CPU. So it looks CPU-limited.

Panda Rin

What kind of framerate are people getting in crowded cities? I'm getting a little over 30fps on my 3570k and 660ti. According to hwinfo the game is using 80% of my GPU and a full three cores of my CPU. So it looks CPU-limited.

I'm running 30-40 FPS on a 3570k and 7950 in New Gridania.

Izayoi

Banned
Definitely your GPU. I've got an i7-2600k and GTX 580 and I never drop below 50, even in crowded FATEs, town centers, and inns.

What's not to understand? People with experience in MMO launches recognize this as the nature of the beast, and don't get their panties in a wad.

It's impractical for companies to front-load their server capacity to try and allow everyone with a copy of the game to all be online at the same time during opening weekend/week. After the initial crush they're left with server capacity they'll likely never approach using again.

I've been in numerous MMO launches. Queues and server load make complete sense. Instance bugs that were "fixed" in the 4 different betas? That were apparently "fixed" across the multiple emergency maintanences? Yet, I'm still stuck because I need to do an instanced quest.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

daveo42

Banned
The people listed in the op. I think actual gaffers can invite too but there seem to be a lot of non gaffers with the tag.

I believe only officers can invite people to the free company and I know it's only open to GAF members and friends/family of members.

mattiewheels

So if I got invited to the FC, what's the first thing I should try and do? Are there particular activities there?

WolvenOne

Okay, joined, WOOT!

Gonna take a brief break to take care of some real life crud, then try to level a bit before bed. Hopefully, tomorrow, the Instance server will be back up and I can continue with the story quests.

Riposte

I can't be the only one (at least from who's played the beta) that is bored right now. I'm hoping getting higher into the main scenario will introduce semi-interesting content (a reason to play), but no can do. The main appeal of this game right now is the world, but I've seen most of it already. Quests and FATEs at this point are completely brainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom