• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchir

Focus on the casters first, archers second, lancers third and leave the shield and sword guys last, the spawn rate seem to be on a timer, the hard part of this quest is getting enough dps to not get overwhelmed, also use your cooldowns at the start and get some dps food.

Then I am pretty gimped in equipment then, I just can't dps the first group down fast enough before the second one arrives,

Sakura

Woah. I only just realised you could right click on your bed to log out, and he climbs in and it plays the little tune!

Teknoman

And everyone in town just mad dashed to the innkeep lol.

EDIT: Protip - follow the FFXIV Windows theme example, and set the inn sleep music to your PC log out theme.

That being said, how do you guys end up forcing yourself to level another class that you may have thought would be a nice secondary main/gathering? When you need the gil, extra skills, or just at a whim?

Varna

Managed to finish a level 15 dungeon with 10 minutes to spare! Went on for a bit longer then I had hoped... was not looking forward to having to repeat it since maintenance was coming up.

Don't usually tank in MMOs so it was a new experience. I went as Marauder and I found the roll pretty fun. Position was key so I could build up enmity with Overpowered and I used Tomahawk to pick up adds. I don't think I lost the enemies attention once during the entire dungeon which was pretty nice. Got a unique axe out of the ordeal.

EDIT: I like the game quiet a bit more after getting the airship pass. At this point there doesn't seem to be much direction... just roaming around picking up quest and eventually stumbling back into the main story.

wrongway

Almost got all combat classes to 10, but the downtime snuck up on me. :[

Ah well, hopefully the third time's the charm and instances/duties work reliably tomorrow.

komaruR

man the last 2 hrs before maitenance or perhap after 1am EST, much less ppl hammering the instance. manage to get my lv10 job quest and main done.

WolvenOne

Glorious!

Managed to dash through Sastasha, beat the boss, grab some plundered gauntlets, and get back to the inn before the servers closed. Gotta say, it was hilarious to see everybody dashing towards the Drowning Wench all at once. (All those Little Lallafell and their Lightning Light Leaps!)

Only issue I had was, that I couldn't figure out how to block out chat coming from the Free Company in general. As in, only seeing what my party is saying. This won't be a long term problem mind you, seeing as I'll be going through GAF for most my instanced dungeons in the future, and that I'm going to set up Mumble sometime tomorrow.

Still, it was a bit distracting, especially since my party was busy trying to kill the bare minimum necessary to get to the boss fast, tip-toeing around mobs we didn't want to fight, etc.

Really fun though, I had forgotten how fun those can be, since I didn't have the chance to go through Sastasha last weekend.

So, tomorrow its time for Copperbell I guess. Though I might go through Sastasha once more just to pick up some better equipment.

Moaradin

Just got my chocobo and met a bunch of other guys from GAF at Horizon. Glad I managed to get it before the servers went down.

iYKPy4EoVKeJW.png

Kenai

Are all of the instance servers boned, or is it just that certain instances are under a lot more strain?

I'm pretty sure it's strain. it makes sense seeing that JP instance problems are non existent with less people there, and I had little problem getting into the lvl 10 ACN instance after a bunch of people logged off. Ir reminded me a bit of trying to tag/kill mobs in certain quests in WoW during expansion launches.

I really hope SE's maintenance + whatever else fixes these issues though. There's way too much progression tied up into them for bottlenecks like that. Not even being able to job switch/craft til i got it done killed a lot of options I could have had for those few hours and clearly there are plenty of people less patient/understanding than me.

Thankfully, not only was I able to finish my ACN quest, but I unlocked inns, Guildleaves and even got Culinarian to 10 and then finished that quest. They took basically everything I hated about 1.0 regarding crafting and threw it out the window. Basic supplies are pretty much all available on site and in unlimited quantities for cheap, and they reward you with basic upgrades rather than forcing you to spend hours farming mats/leveling other crafts to make them. If they get the instance thing sorted out quickly and keep an eye on endgame class balance I think we'll have a winner.

WolvenOne

Really do hope they get the capacity for the instanced servers at least a little higher tomorrow. In retrospect, I guess I could see how this might happen. I mean, once a few people cannot get into an instance, their instinct is to try again and again, then other people come in behind them and try to get in too. Before too long what would've been mere heavy traffic would become a constant barrage of request, since there's no way to alleviate those requests.

So, even a modest improvement in capacity might do it.

Riposte

Doing the Marauder lv. 25 quest butt naked with an eyepatch was actually pretty fun. The first time this game gave me enjoyment.

Merlwyb's voice isn't so bad, but the acting is a bit awkward.

Lyonaz

I used the remaining time to level my Culinarian skills. I totally forgot that you gain more xp when you improve the quality of your synthesis, If I had known this earlier I would've level much faster.

Now I'm off to play Wonderful 101 until servers are back.

komaruR

Glorious!

Managed to dash through Sastasha, beat the boss, grab some plundered gauntlets, and get back to the inn before the servers closed. Gotta say, it was hilarious to see everybody dashing towards the Drowning Wench all at once. (All those Little Lallafell and their Lightning Light Leaps!)

Only issue I had was, that I couldn't figure out how to block out chat coming from the Free Company in general. As in, only seeing what my party is saying. This won't be a long term problem mind you, seeing as I'll be going through GAF for most my instanced dungeons in the future, and that I'm going to set up Mumble sometime tomorrow.

Still, it was a bit distracting, especially since my party was busy trying to kill the bare minimum necessary to get to the boss fast, tip-toeing around mobs we didn't want to fight, etc.

Really fun though, I had forgotten how fun those can be, since I didn't have the chance to go through Sastasha last weekend.

So, tomorrow its time for Copperbell I guess. Though I might go through Sastasha once more just to pick up some better equipment.

u can create a chat tab that filters to your liking

Sakura

I like that they've added more "natural" background elements to the game ala FFXI:

Oh and there was a pretty convincing downpour earlier, but I wish there were more thunderclaps/lightning flashes.

Also did I mention I really like ruins?

I almost wish the game world was real time, so we could have like an entire day of rain or storming or something.

WolvenOne

I like that they've added more "natural" background elements to the game ala FFXI:

Oh and there was a pretty convincing downpour earlier, but I wish there were more thunderclaps/lightning flashes.

Also did I mention I really like ruins?

Thanalan's probably the most aesthetically pleasing of the three starting areas. Granted, I'm biased, I think it looks like some of the drier parts of Idaho so, it speaks to me.

letterboxart

Neo Member
Finally got me some new armor and used the dye I had lying around.
Haha... That looks like someone lost a bet and then hid his head in a bucket.
Can anyone tell me where I need to put SweetFX files in the install? Don't want to do any gamma or color correction, just want to try out injecting SMAA and see if it looks any better than the built-in FXAA.
It goes in the "game" directory (like C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game).

Concept17

Managed to finally create a character on the server I wanted. Finally. Got about 15 minutes in before maintenance.

So... are there very few armor sets/pieces for each class? Armor is giving me a very Korean mmo vibe in that it's completely lacking.

Teknoman

I almost wish the game world was real time, so we could have like an entire day of rain or storming or something.

I cant wait to see the snow, or how a really hot area looks.

Thanalan's probably the most aesthetically pleasing of the three starting areas. Granted, I'm biased, I think it looks like some of the drier parts of Idaho so, it speaks to me.

La Noscea looks cool from what i've seen, but its the parts further away from Limsa. I was surprised the flying hawks (or whatever birds those are) actually cast shadows on the ground. In Texas, so I can relate as well (for the most part). The first image anyway.

Anyway so Paladin is Warrior/Conjurer and Monk is Pugilist/Lancer? Someone said the reqs havent changed in the FC, and I just wanted to make sure.

Am i the only one still waiting for a freakin early access code??? I preordered 12 hours ago!!! WTFFFFF, i think things arent perfect, but it sure as hell still like to be able to log on when it is on...

No you are not. I bought the game around 14 hours ago, and still no code. Just sent a message to SEE customer support, asking to cancel my pre order and have my money refunded.

hertog

Finally manage to log on.... and the servers whent out during the tutorial.

Any tips for character creation?
I just went random and made a Miqo'te (suntype) lancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom