• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only one still waiting for a freakin early access code??? I preordered 12 hours ago!!! WTFFFFF, i think things arent perfect, but it sure as hell still like to be able to log on when it is on...

antitrop

Took a screenshot at the absolute maximum my PC could crank it out, 3840x2160, with 2x injected MSAA. 0-1fps on a GTX 590.

9588896832_7418b15f8c_o.png

Gonna turn in. Managed to start on my Conjurer and reach level 11 so I'm pretty pleased with my progress. Didn't encounter any issues with the game (stayed away from instances). Looking forward to tomorrow so I can reach the first dungeons and hopefully party up with BestGAF.

fmpanda

Gonna turn in. Managed to start on my Conjurer and reach level 11 so I'm pretty pleased with my progress. Didn't encounter any issues with the game (stayed away from instances). Looking forward to tomorrow so I can reach the first dungeons and hopefully party up with BestGAF.

I managed to knock out two instances, but man they were a pain in the posterior to access. Hopefully while they're once again doing emergency server maintenance they can use a Phoenix Down on the Duty Finder Server.

Other than that, easy breezy here on Excalibur.

teiresias

Can anyone tell me where I need to put SweetFX files in the install? Don't want to do any gamma or color correction, just want to try out injecting SMAA and see if it looks any better than the built-in FXAA.

aett

Does anyone else have a problem with the game crashing their PC? I haven't seen another game crash in quite the same way. The image on my screen freezes, but the music continues normally without skipping or stuttering, and I can't ctrl-alt-del or anything so I'm forced to reboot.

It seems to happen most times when I play for over an hour, but on rare occasions it'll happen after only 5-10 minutes. My computer's temperatures are totally fine when it happens, too. Just wondering if this is fairly common or not.

Does anyone else have a problem with the game crashing their PC? I haven't seen another game crash in quite the same way. The image on my screen freezes, but the music continues normally without skipping or stuttering, and I can't ctrl-alt-del or anything so I'm forced to reboot.

It seems to happen most times when I play for over an hour, but on rare occasions it'll happen after only 5-10 minutes. My computer's temperatures are totally fine when it happens, too. Just wondering if this is fairly common or not.

No, I haven't had any game crashes yet.

vazel

Banned

Sounds like you need to do some stress testing. Use FurMark for GPU and Prime95 for CPU, and memtest86+ for RAM.

Try changing drivers first. Sometimes it's just a weird driver issue.

What OS? Newest drivers for your card, including the beta NV drivers?

Salaadin

Even with all of the duty finder/instance shittiness, I still managed to have a lot of fun today. Just camped fates for a few hours with friends on mumble and it was a good time. Got 5 levels on THM so Im now at 20. Im happy.

Hoping I cant get rolling on Satasha tomorrow though. Im impatient and want to join Maelstrom.

aett

Sounds like you need to do some stress testing. Use FurMark for GPU and Prime95 for CPU, and memtest86+ for RAM.

Try changing drivers first. Sometimes it's just a weird driver issue.

For the record: I have a GeForce 560 ti and my CPU is i5-2500k @ 3.30. Nothing is overclocked. (That's a whole separate issue - FurMark crashes every time I overclock my video card even the slightest.)

I ran FurMark a few days ago and didn't run into any problems - the temperature maxed out at well beneath my card's maximum safe temp. I'll try Prime95 and memtest86+, thanks for the recommendations!

What OS? Newest drivers for your card, including the beta NV drivers?

Windows 7. I'm using the most recent stable drivers for my card, although there are beta drivers available. Should I try the beta drivers?

Additional note: I had a similar but sort of different problem earlier this year with Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. After about 40-60 minutes of playing, they would crash my PC, except it would mess up the screen and the sound would become a loud, awful mess. The only solution that worked with those was increasing my card's voltage from 987 to 1025, after which I had zero problems, except that I had to manually change the voltage every time I rebooted. It's likely that this is the same thing, but is that normal? Why isn't the voltage correct by default? I have ZERO problems with any game released before 2013.

Chake

Banned
If someone could answer my question:

I preordered the game like 2 months ago, but i didn't get an early access code. Though, thats not my main problem. The biggest is where should i download the client? I know it's a stupid question, but i can't find it for the life of me!

Riposte

I've been getting into instances pretty easy for the last hour. I've been doing quest battles completely naked save an eyepatch and a ring. It doesn't add to the challenge as much as I'd hope, but I can actually die now. Before I could go afk for 15-20 mins with a boss hitting me and not die.

elohel

I've been getting into instances pretty easy for the last hour. I've been doing quest battles completely naked save an eyepatch and a ring. It doesn't add to the challenge as much as I'd hope, but I can actually die now. Before I could go afk for 15-20 mins with a boss hitting me and not die.

Yeah does this game get more challenging later?

WolvenOne

It sounds like its, "selectively," working. Some people seem to get in, some people don't. At this point though, I'm not sure its worth it, since the servers won't be up too much longer.

Are the codes usable on either PC and PS3, or are there separate codes for each system?

I've been playing all night with no problems. Having a blast.

Sakura

Anyone preorder from Futureshop and get a code?

I tried preordering from FS a few days ago, but they didn't send me a code, and when I emailed them about it, they said to give them 7-10 days to look into it. Amazon Canada was no good either. Amazon.com though, I preordered and got code right away.

mr stroke

Played for the first time tonight for a couple hours, and damn this is a fine looking game :eek:

Best MMO out right now in terms of visuals

Does anyone know if the graphics were improved from the previous version 1.0?

Khrno

The Lodestone says that the next Emergency Maintenance is from 8:00 to 11:00 (GMT), however upon login into the game, the system message says from 7:00 to 10:00 (GMT). So which one is it?

N.A

Banned
The Lodestone says that the next Emergency Maintenance is from 8:00 to 11:00 (GMT), however upon login into the game, the system message says from 7:00 to 10:00 (GMT). So which one is it?

It's 3 hours. I doubt it will take that long though.

After the emergency maintenance on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m., to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment.

Khrno

It's 3 hours. I doubt it will take that long though.

Well, yes, both saying 3 hours, but I mean, which do I believe? Is it starting in 15 min or in 1 hour and 15 min?

I guess the system message is the right time and they probably messed up the time in the Lodestone, still that will give me 2 more hours of sleep.

In 15 minutes

Thanks. Back to bed in a bit then.

Sakura

Played for the first time tonight for a couple hours, and damn this is a fine looking game :eek:

Best MMO out right now in terms of visuals

Does anyone know if the graphics were improved from the previous version 1.0?

The visual style and art direction are better than 1.0. But in terms of just graphics, 1.0 was superior.

Jeels

Decided to go ahead and stop playing now since the server work is coming up in a bit.

Overall, I am having so much fun. And its very improved from beta 3 which is when I last played it.

Can't wait to see where they take the game going forward. :) My first goal is to work on my pugilist.

tenchir

I was able to get in to Satasha, Tara Tara, and Copper Bell within 5 minutes with duty finder... then again I was playing the tank.

I can't beat my level 20 GLD class quest, am I missing something cause I get zerg everytime.

PerZona

Maintenance in 10 mins time.....gonna play Splinter Cell: Blacklist at the meantime I guess. Hope they fix the duty finder and instances this time.

Khatoz

I was able to get in to Satasha, Tara Tara, and Copper Bell within 5 minutes... then again I was playing the tank.

I can't beat my level 20 GLD class quest, am I missing something cause I get zerg everytime.

Focus on the casters first, archers second, lancers third and leave the shield and sword guys last, the spawn rate seem to be on a timer, the hard part of this quest is getting enough dps to not get overwhelmed, also use your cooldowns at the start and get some dps food.

Aah and use the stun on the healers so that you can burn them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom