• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomjom

Banned
so wait, its pug and gladiator for monk? bah i thought it was lancer. Is Summoner still Arcanist and Thm?

Dunno how accurate this picture is, but my friend sent it to me.

83UVY0f.png

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If they drop under a million though, all bets are off.

Nah. What do you think they need a millions? Hell, 300k-500k subs would do them just fine over the span of many years.

WoW has really fucked up people's perceptions of MMO userbases...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Xenoblade time then! Though man.... that bites... I keep picking bad times to be free.
That was the story of my friend all day, he woke up at 8am to play got hit with mate, then had to do something when servers came back, then when he got back they went down again, then when he finally gets to play Lol he cant do dungeons :D

Teletraan1

Banned
I was doing a class quest earlier today, and the NPC that heals me during it died and I failed. I thought it was kind of funny and didn't realise they could actually die.

Was it the ACN one on the boat? There seems to be no rhyme or reason for which NPCs generate hate and which dont. It is just frustrating. Consistency is all I ask for. Im trying to figure these encounters out based on the rules of the game that they painstakingly shove down your throat for 20 levels. Then they pull an enmity surprise on you against mobs that are way too strong all of the sudden its frustrating. Its counter intuitive too since you would think that being paired with yda and papalymo, how would you pull threat from them and since they jack up the enemy wouldn't it be imperative that they could hold those enemies off you lol. Quest isn't even hard but some AI failure makes it impossible. Maybe if they stop with the Kobayashi Maru and people didn't have to repeat badly designed instanced quests the instance server wouldn't be getting hammered. :p

WolvenOne

Nah. What do you think they need a millions? Hell, 300k-500k subs would do them just fine over the span of many years.

WoW has really fucked up people's perceptions of MMO userbases...

I meant within say, a six month time span. I'd be shocked if they maintained anywhere near their initial Sub levels a year after launch. If they go from say, 2-3 million, to under 1, in such a short time span however, then there might be some trouble.

Not so much in terms of the specific numbers, as much as the trend. I could really see Square panicking if they lost a ton of subs that fast.

Dunan

Also I never thought Thanalan was "Thana - Lan". Thought it was pronounced "Thana-lawn". Definitely agree about Raubahn sounding like he was just reading off the pages. I dont think he even has an accent.

I keep wanting to say "tha-NAH-lan", with a soft "th" (as in 'thing'), but the Japanese original (ザナラーン) indicates that it's a hard 'th' (as in 'this') and that the accent is on the last syllable (tha-na-LAHN).

It would be even more interesting if people from different countries pronounced things with slightly different accents. I still remember in FF12 when Fran (from Eruyt) pronounced "Salikawood" with the stress on the second syllable, and Balthier (an Archadian) emphasized the first syllable. I love those subtle touches.

Wortany

Bah, NA servers seem to be working okay (either direct login or queue) but Cerberus EU gives a "The world is full, please wait" message.
Why can't they just use a queue with a lower population limit?

edit: oh, spoke too soon, they seem to have enabled the queue.

Fraxin

I'm wondering about my situation, Game.co.uk gave me a code when I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, however before 2 days they sent me an email saying that my order was cancelled, without specifying the exact reason. The Code works, but with no game, its like I bought nothing. I don't exactly know where I stand.

BKJest

World full errors, no queue system, my luck...
SE:
After the emergency maintenance on Aug. 25, 2013 from 7:00. to 10:00 (GMT), to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment.

TheChaos0

Anyone got this on PS3? How's it play if so?

So I was playing the early access on PS3 but I wasn't able to try it during the alpha/beta. I have to say it's pretty impressive. Of course the frame rate isn't all that but the game looks good and it's fairly stable.

It's very playable and controls well.

On the side note, I noticed that I ended up on NA Legacy server, I'm certainly not in NA (don't know how I didn't notice it before...wasn't paying much attention), anyone know of they going to let Legacy players transfer servers any time soon?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
On the side note, I noticed that I ended up on NA Legacy server, I'm certainly not in NA (don't know how I didn't notice it before...wasn't paying much attention), anyone know of they going to let Legacy players transfer servers any time soon?
Don't worry, the EU/NA datacenter is in Canada anyway. It's more about timezones.

Torquill

"At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization."

Pretty much verifies JP data center isn't a special snowflake and it's a load issue :p

Sakura

Every thing seems to be working good. Just used the duty finder to do Tam-Tara and had no issues. Maybe it will all go back down when NA wakes up though.

Lyonaz

I made a Gladiator Lalafell named Wonder Blue on Ultros, because I was bored.

Running around with Lalafells is awesome compared to the mundane Hyurs. Also the world seems bigger somehow. :p

So who do I contact to join the GAF guild?

Ferr986

I was wondering, isnt Minfilia supposed to recognise you if you play with your 1.0 player?
She always treated me as a new character.

Lucifon

Bleh can't log into Moogle, no queue, just telling me it's full. Char creation has been locked on the server since early access started, I have buddies which haven't even been able to start the game yet. This launch has been pretty horrible as far as MMO standards go (not that many go smoothly).

Noaloha

I bought my friend a copy of the game on Friday so that we could play together today and tomorrow. It's really, really sucky that she can't create a character right now. :(

orborborb

I am amazed by the depth and refinement of the UI, play control, and camera options

gamepad only, mouse only, and keyboard only are all viable, as well as any combination of any two or even all three

then combine those options with a fully playable first person camera mode AND/OR camera-relative movement AND/OR extremely far zoom

and the options you need most are always right nearby no matter what scheme you use

and the map system that gives you all the information you'd need but still requires you to actually learn the levels and not just follow arrows around

I am normally opposed to "all things to all people" design, but this game pulls it off as well as any piece of software I can think of

How are you all customizing your UI? Any recommended settings?

Also, the map has good functionality but it'll take a while for me to get used to. I keep having to expand/zoom-out to know where I'm going at times, especially to different zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom