• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelis

Playing > Maintenance > World is Full.
c2m.gif

Zomba13

Does anyone else have a problem with the game crashing their PC? I haven't seen another game crash in quite the same way. The image on my screen freezes, but the music continues normally without skipping or stuttering, and I can't ctrl-alt-del or anything so I'm forced to reboot.

It seems to happen most times when I play for over an hour, but on rare occasions it'll happen after only 5-10 minutes. My computer's temperatures are totally fine when it happens, too. Just wondering if this is fairly common or not.

Yup. I'm having the problem also. Posted it oon the FFXIV tech support forum and one other guy is having the issue too.

Koeta

Anyone done the monk quests? I just got rocked hard on the lvl 50 one solo, I did all of whm solo easy, can you even party for these now?

Wortany

I've got a question about the lvl 5 Leatherworking class quest.
I'm getting tasked to make Leather Chokers but there doesn't appear to be any Leather Choker recipe from lvl 1 to 10.
From the reagent description the guildmaster gave it seems that it actually should be Leather Wristguards (leather + animal sinew) but those don't count for quest progress.

When looking up Leather Choker on the web, it seemed to be a lvl 27 recipe in FFXIV 1.0.

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: *sigh* ignore the question, did not see you could scroll down in the crafting list......... *facepalm*

Moobabe

Quick question:

I'm at the stage where I'm about to unlock the first instance - a friend of mine has done the same but he's from a different City State. Will we unlock different instances? If so - can I still do the one from his city or do I need to do more quests to unlock that one as well?

So, I'm reading conflicting answers in regards to Dragoon...

I know you need a Lancer (30), but the wiki link in the OP says Marauder (15) and some say it's Pugilist (15) - which is it?

Mokujin

Nah. What do you think they need a millions? Hell, 300k-500k subs would do them just fine over the span of many years.

WoW has really fucked up people's perceptions of MMO userbases...

Yeah, FFXI has been a good money maker for SE with sub 500K for a looooooong time, dont know what the numbers have been these past years but I would say much less than that and it seems that still was profitable for SE.

Noaloha

Quick question:

I'm at the stage where I'm about to unlock the first instance - a friend of mine has done the same but he's from a different City State. Will we unlock different instances? If so - can I still do the one from his city or do I need to do more quests to unlock that one as well?

Don't worry, you'll both progress to the same instance. The first dungeon is in the Limsa Lominsa area. Once you both have the "It's Probably Pirates" quest in your Duty List, you're good to go.

What are peoples waiting times to find a dungeon?

Im usually waiting for about 25 minutes, with the Average Waiting Time dialogue not giving any time at all.

Vee_One

I'm sure that this has been answered but which is the better version, PS3 or PC?
Are they cross compatible? If I get the PS3 version can I play on PC as well?

I'm sure that this has been answered but which is the better version, PS3 or PC?
Are they cross compatible? If I get the PS3 version can I play on PC as well?

PC version is much better on the graphical and frame rate side of things. You can link your PS3 and PC copy to your SE account, but you can't play both at the same time.

hertog

Well it's working great for me now. I'm almost at lvl 10 in just a few hours.

It's my first MMO that I've played so I wonder how much more there is than accepting fetch/hunt quests and fulfilling them

Dvide

Banned
Argh, world is full? Been getting this for the last half hour. Where's the que?

Furthermore:
WHY SQUARE ENIX!? WHYYYY!?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How can a world be full if I'm not even creating a character. Soon I will finally enjoy 'Early Access'!!

RussellXV

Wish Duty Finder wasn't broken earlier. Could've hit level 30 by now. It's crazy how populated every area is compared to the previous Betas. FATE battles go by so fast now.

Darvan

Yup. I'm having the problem also. Posted it oon the FFXIV tech support forum and one other guy is having the issue too.

I had the same exact issue happen to me once on the PS3 I would swear the game was paused but the music kept going. The only way I could get out of it was to shut down the ps3 "Long Power Button Press"

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm in love with this game, and an MMO has never really grabbed me before, despite many attempts.

It's refreshing playing an MMO that has doubled down on complexity and differentiates itself through the versatility and variety of it's systems rather than shallow, unsustainable novelties or a nice aesthetic. The areas are small, but the density of the activity available in them makes me feel a stronger connection to the setting than the typical levelling zones I blast through. Dispensing with the "starter zone" design helps this too.

And it's so beautiful! It's consistent, restrained but majestic. Guild Wars 2, for example, though I enjoy how it looks, achieves its style through highly exaggerated fantasy which is kinda well, obviously impressive. With FFXIV there's something special about the subtly, shows real talent from the art team.

Zafir

The entire thing is breaking. Can't post on the official forums either because I select a character, click save and it doesn't save it. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom