• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaoni

Banned
I seem to be able to create new characters on Ultros now, I guess they do the servers open for new characters in rotations or something.

wilflare

Weird questions but...

(1) Does it matter if I get a NA/EU code? Not sure if I read it here but is it simply a matter of which Customer Support timing works better for me?

(2) I also read here (?) that SQEX has improved their messaging with FFXIV:ARR think someone quoted some examples from their support forums. (The forum poster showed how SQEX explained various instances) - does anyone still have a link to that?

Rad-

I'm already getting slightly bored of this. :p But I'm not a MMO fan so I was kind of expecting it. In the end this is still too much of a typical MMO for my taste.

dino1980

Have been out of the loop since yesterday. Tried to log in and a message says the server is full at cerberus. Is there a que and do you just wait with by the screen that says its full?

Anteater

Who do you need to talk to first to get your chocobo to fight with you? I'm at Limsa and I thought the dude would be outside the GC camp :eek:

Fraxin

Is the pre-order activation code different from the product key? In other words when I receive the game do I have to use the product key even though I used the code that was sent to me by email?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Is the pre-order activation code different from the product key? In other words when I receive the game do I have to use the product key even though I used the code that was sent to me by email?

yes.

hertog

I got no idea. I registered my game and got the early access code.
My GF is trying the same, but she gets the message that her code is invalid.

So is it invalid for an early access code, or is it invalid for the entire game

Blizzje

Took some time to actually get into the Odin server. Finally in.
Those of you who have seen some of the higher-level weapons: are there blades or staffs that 'emit' fire or an ice effect? Love those kinds of effects in games.

I have a feeling instances are gonna be broke again(if not already) I took a nice while before I entered my Instance for my lv.15 Thaumaturge quest

antitrop

How are you all playing this: full screen or windowed? Alt-tabbing causes issues for me, so I'm gonna try windowed mode.

Borderless Fullscreen gives me a 50% increase in frame rate over Fullscreen, which is unusual and the opposite of normal.
I usually get better performance in regular Fullscreen. I think it's because of the SLI compatibility bit in Nvidia Inspector.

I was even able to successfully alt-tab while rendering the game at 3840x2160 in Borderless Fullscreen. I was almost 100% sure the game was going to crash or blue-screen.

PropheV

Neo Member
Borderless Fullscreen gives me a 50% increase in frame rate over Fullscreen, which is unusual and the opposite of normal.
I usually get better performance in regular Fullscreen. I think it's because of the SLI compatibility bit in Nvidia Inspector.

I was even able to successfully alt-tab while rendering the game at 3840x2160 in Borderless Fullscreen. I was almost 100% sure the game was going to crash or blue-screen.

Really? I'll deffo give that a try now!

Scher

I have a feeling instances are gonna be broke again(if not already) I took a nice while before I entered my Instance for my lv.15 Thaumaturge quest

Yeah, it seems like the instance server is getting bogged down again. Can't seem to get into my current story quest. At least I finally unlocked the ability to switch jobs!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Weird. I was playing perfectly and suddenly FPS crapped on me and dropped to like 10FPS. What the heck...

Noaloha

I'm getting ready to Duty Finder my way through Copperbell as a Marauder and, from what I've read about the boss fights, I'm nervous, haha. I think I know what to expect from the Blob fight, but I'm just praying that I get grouped with people who want to communicate.

Cool! I'll try that out.

I like to solo.

Starting off solo as a Lancer, so I'm in for a challenge then...

Yeah this build is definitely more unstable than the last beta. I saw someone mention it earlier in the thread, and I'm now on hard lock #4.
Worst part is that I was finally in a damn story dungeon when it decided to crash, and now I'm stuck in endless 10102 and 90k errors. Ugh

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Sounds like back in the days when memory leaks used to be commonplace.

Yeah. Definitely can't be limited PC specs... its a 3770K with 16GB of DDR3 and a 670GTX OC. Exit the game and will be updating drivers just in case. *shrugs* At least i joined Ultros woo woo

smr00

Banned
Can someone drop some knowledge on me about the Archer class? I have always played a "ranger/hunter/archer" type class in any MMO, it's always my primary followed by a wizard/mage. But i saw that Bard is it's job and i am not entirely sure what that means. It looks like the role is more about buffing?

Is that the job? Just buffing? Any dps? Is the class good at solo play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom