• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Light

Hey, how about that! My 3-year-old 1.0 character is still there! Still lvl 6 and everything...

....connection to the server was lost.

Hoo boy.

And I actually want to play this game now, for real. I don't know if this was mentioned, but to do 1.0 players get a free month? Considering I bought the CE 3 years ago (as well as the ARR CE, but I'll keep that sealed) I damn well should.

BLCKATK

Hey, how about that! My 3-year-old 1.0 character is still there! Still lvl 6 and everything...

Hoo boy.

And I actually want to play this game now, for real. I don't know if this was mentioned, but to do 1.0 players get a free month? Considering I bought the CE 3 years ago (as well as the ARR CE, but I'll keep that sealed) I damn well should.

You get a free 2 weeks.

Napophis

open beta should have lasted longer than it did, especially considering 100,000+ ppl had these issues and couldn't even play the game to test their fixes...

Vashetti

Banned
But..but...I wanna play too!

sloth-kills-cat-55b1a334-original.gif

Didn't ArenaNet actually stop selling Guild Wars 2 for a while after official release due to how broken it was?

They stopped selling because they were at capacity on servers. Nothing was majorly broken and unlike this game GW2 had queues for the servers.

The queue you see for FF14 doesn't appear to be an actual queue because of what my friends and I have experienced trying to login at the same time. It appears to be a rate limiter to prevent the server from having too many simultaneous logins.

The fact their instance server keeps dying indicates they probably have one bottleneck piece of infrastructure at that point and there is no queuing system for it either.

Ikon

And things were so smooth while all of US slept. Played for about 6 hours without a single problem and now I can't even log in again. Thanks guys ;)

This is just early access, too. I'm sure not everyone preordered and is even able to play now. At launch, there will be even more people. Gonna be a rough week. :p
First world MMO problems and all that.

Zafir

Guild Wars 2 launch issues was primarily that you had to mess around a lot to be able to play with friends. Joining their overflow server wouldn't work so you had to keep loading into the area to get into the same one. Also screwed up the dungeons for a bit too. You could still progress and play though.

Dr. Light

Also, how do you invert the Y-axis? If I hit Back and "reverse camera" it inverts the Y-axis but fucks up the X-axis! If this isn't fixable, the gamepad is useless.

Any ultros gaffers want to level in the la noscea area I'm sad panda in game. I just started, having missed out on the phase 4 beta. Seeing any awful lot of you on here!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
open beta should have lasted longer than it did, especially considering 100,000+ ppl had these issues and couldn't even play the game to test their fixes...

There's not really a bug. Square decided not to prepare for the server load they knew they would be getting. They know how many pre-orders they had. And they just decided not to bother preparing enough servers to handle that load.

Well, except in Japan. They made sure Japan had plenty of servers.

As soon as numbers started dropping last night, I got into instances with no trouble. The issue really is just congestion, and people are still preordering (and canceling) to get early access codes, so there's no way you can say they knew exactly how many people would be playing.

If anything, given a fairly large amount of negativity being thrown around about both 1.0 and ARR, they were probably given the impression the capacity they'd allotted would suffice. A large number of people have been getting in this week after waiting for impressions.

There's not really a bug. Square decided not to prepare for the server load they knew they would be getting. They know how many pre-orders they had. And they just decided not to bother preparing enough servers to handle that load.

I think you have a problem with Japan.

It doesn't help that all of the main story quests are instanced, so it's most likely being hammered to hell and back.

This is what bugs me the most honestly. I hate how they have solo class/main story quests setup via Duty Finder instances. Solo instance quests need a completely separate instance server than dungeons. I assume they are all on the same ones given the errors that pop up, but.. who knows.

As soon as numbers started dropping last night, I got into instances with no trouble. The issue really is just congestion, and people are still preordering (and canceling) to get early access codes, so there's no way you can say they knew exactly how many people would be playing.

If anything, given a fairly large amount of negativity being thrown around about both 1.0 and ARR, they were probably given the impression the capacity they'd allotted would suffice. A large number of people have been getting in this week after waiting for impressions.

Yeah the amazon thing I saw mentioned on every major gaming forum. I'm sure tons of people did it and are treating it like a demo

Next time the need to limit the preorders to their own website and charge people for the preorder immediately. Make it known that they will do so and people will think twice.

Even if people can try to get out of the preorder, at least they can control who actually gets the access.

Next time the need to limit the preorders to their own website and charge people for the preorder immediately. Make it known that they will do so and people will think twice.

Even if people can try to get out of the preorder, at least they can control who actually gets the access.

Yeah, I was actually really surprised there wasn't an amount or date cutoff for preorders.

I think you have a problem with Japan.

Dood, I agree and they should've handled EA a little better. Like, you can't get EA unless you "Buy" the game. I mean, give you the disc and everything so that people who are not going to actually buy the game waste their money on a free trial and can't sell it back.

Also seen a few Ultros GAFers chopping wood yesterday. It was kind of funny.

TheContact

I'm on Ultros walking around Gridania with no problems, but it almost feels like a ghost town compared to what it was yesterday, there's only people here and there

I really dislike posts like this. We don't know enough about their back end infrastructure to make comments like these. It most certainly could be a bug, depending on how their servers and systems operate. Maybe they're supposed to spin up new virtual instance servers and there is an error in that when a bunch of people hit it simultaneously. There are many, many things it could be and they're trying to actually fix the issue for something that should be working regardless of the number of servers that are available.

Look, I get it, it's extremely frustrating. I got 3102'ed last Saturday, and was stuck all of yesterday doing just leves, hunting log, and FATEs because I couldn't do anything else. But its disingenuous to state that they somehow don't care because they haven't thrown more servers at the problem.

akaoni

Banned
Still up on Ultros.

Maybe having an EU account is part of it.... or maybe everyone who was using DF got dc'ed. Just fishing away my time, don't want to try DF and get the same problem.

So there are 25 NA/EU servers and the number I saw yesterday was 150,000 concurrent users. That evens out to about 6000 players per server. FFXI routinely had 10k+ during it's hottest time, so it's gotta be the instance/login servers.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How many people are mumbling compared to the amount of people in the guild? Is there an extra button on a controller for a mic button? I might want to play this outputted to my TV from my computer, but maybe I might have to get a wireless keyboard.

Wortany

Borderless Fullscreen gives me a 50% increase in frame rate over Fullscreen, which is unusual and the opposite of normal.
I usually get better performance in regular Fullscreen. I think it's because of the SLI compatibility bit in Nvidia Inspector.

I was even able to successfully alt-tab while rendering the game at 3840x2160 in Borderless Fullscreen. I was almost 100% sure the game was going to crash or blue-screen.

How do you downsample in borderless fullscreen? It should take your desktop resolution as the resolution options are greyed out ingame.
Unless you are downsampling your whole desktop too?

Also for people wondering, it's definitaly a login error now, as servers are still online. (I won't risk logging out now!!!)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Are there quest chains you can miss out on and mess up quest hubs? I got to 17 on MRD in La Noscea, lvl 10 on a GLD in Thanalan, and then when I started a lancer I was having problems in the Black Shroud from 10-15 resorting to guildleves and now there's nothing from 15-20.

I've been in for about an hour on Ultros, changing zones is fine but I'm not even attempting instances until there's some kind of message.

Also, I believe last night they said that log in limits would be increased following last night's maintenance, and then gradually brought back to normal as they tested and verified the duty server stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom