• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I really dislike posts like this. We don't know enough about their back end infrastructure to make comments like these. It most certainly could be a bug, depending on how their servers and systems operate. Maybe they're supposed to spin up new virtual instance servers and there is an error in that when a bunch of people hit it simultaneously. There are many, many things it could be and they're trying to actually fix the issue for something that should be working regardless of the number of servers that are available.

Look, I get it, it's extremely frustrating. I got 3102'ed last Saturday, and was stuck all of yesterday doing just leves, hunting log, and FATEs because I couldn't do anything else. But its disingenuous to state that they somehow don't care because they haven't thrown more servers at the problem.

Maybe if it was a universal problem, but the JP side, where they DID throw enough servers at it, isn't experiencing issues.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I am having lots of fun.

Z9RLwvQ.jpg

Lx99eU6.jpg

This is really great. I cannot wait until all games are Always Online.

How many people are mumbling compared to the amount of people in the guild? Is there an extra button on a controller for a mic button? I might want to play this outputted to my TV from my computer, but maybe I might have to get a wireless keyboard.

If you're on PS3, don't have access to a PC, or using a configuration like above, there are Mumble apps for Android and IOS. The Android app costs $1.44 but is compatible with the new high quality codec used in Mumble 1.2.4.

IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mumble/id443472808
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.morlunk.mumbleclient

Boy, I cannot decide on what class to start on. Does it even matter at all, though, what with the switching weapons to change class-thing?

Gerbs

Neo Member
And where is that? Do you need to log on the server?
Yes you need to be in game, and it's in the menus. On PS3 it's the menus that come up when you hit start, the under the rightmost column you should see character settings. There are options in there to toggle camera inverts by axis.

Vashetti

Banned
Are there quest chains you can miss out on and mess up quest hubs? I got to 17 on MRD in La Noscea, lvl 10 on a GLD in Thanalan, and then when I started a lancer I was having problems in the Black Shroud from 10-15 resorting to guildleves and now there's nothing from 15-20.

There are definitely gaps in the quest lines. I've spent lots of time running around looking for quests.

I think they assume you are doing FATEs, the hunting log, levequests, etc. to compensate

Maybe if it was a universal problem, but the JP side, where they DID throw enough servers at it, isn't experiencing issues.

But the reason they aren't experiencing issues does not have to be directly correlated to the numbers of servers. That is what I'm saying. We do know that it has something to do with the number of people playing here versus there, that's for sure. But that can be any number of things based on the amount of people trying to simultaneously do something. So again, more servers might not be the answer, which is why they haven't just thrown more at it.

Zafir

Boy, I cannot decide on what class to start on. Does it even matter at all, though, what with the switching weapons to change class-thing?

What class you choose decides which city you start in, also you have to get to level 10 on your first class before you can swap.
So is it better or worse than before maintenance last night?
Worse, not only can you not do duty's or instances. You also can't log in if you have to exit for whatever reason(I tried to do a duty and had to alt + f4).

Nope. You should make your choice based on what class you think is the best or what city you'd like to start in. After you do your level 10 class quest you can visit the other guilds in order to gain access to the other classes.

Hagi

How exactly does the company chest work? are the items and gil stored shared between everyone like duplicates or what? i'm afraid to take anything out >_>;

But the reason they aren't experiencing issues does not have to be directly correlated to the numbers of servers. That is what I'm saying. We do know that it has something to do with the number of people playing here versus there, that's for sure. But that can be any number of things based on the amount of people trying to simultaneously do something. So again, more servers might not be the answer, which is why they haven't just thrown more at it.

Depends on how they're routing the traffic to and from the main servers. If everyone has to use a common login server then there could be issues. Same goes for instances and zoning.

How exactly does the company chest work? are the items and gil stored shared between everyone or what? i'm afraid to take anything out >_>;

If it's like WoW, then people can take out stuff you put in.

Are there quest chains you can miss out on and mess up quest hubs? I got to 17 on MRD in La Noscea, lvl 10 on a GLD in Thanalan, and then when I started a lancer I was having problems in the Black Shroud from 10-15 resorting to guildleves and now there's nothing from 15-20.

I find that there are pockets of quests in different areas, rather than being completely lead from one to another like a conveyor belt. I prefer this tbh, it encourages exploration.

smr00

Banned
What class you choose decides which city you start in, also you have to get to level 10 on your first class before you can swap.
Wait.. So on my Lancer, once i hit 10 i can switch to Archer? Cause i would rather just get the last 3 levels on my Lancer than re-roll and have to deal with all that beginning stuff again.

Alucrid

Banned
How exactly does the company chest work? are the items and gil stored shared between everyone or what? i'm afraid to take anything out >_>;

Usually these kinds of things are reserved for storing things for company use, like end game raids and what not. You might not even have access to take anything out anyways.

How do you downsample in borderless fullscreen? It should take your desktop resolution as the resolution options are greyed out ingame.
Unless you are downsampling your whole desktop too?

Also for people wondering, it's definitaly a login error now, as servers are still online. (I won't risk logging out now!!!)

Yeah downsample off desktop resolution.

Zafir

Wait.. So on my Lancer, once i hit 10 i can switch to Archer? Cause i would rather just get the last 3 levels on my Lancer than re-roll and have to deal with all that beginning stuff again.
Yeah, just do the level 10 class quest from the guild master and then he says that you can join other guilds. Then you can just go over to the archers guild.

Yeah, once you hit level 10 you can change to any other class. You can swap between all different classes on the fly (by changing your equipped gear) there's no limit to how many.

I was wondering the same thing. Once housing becomes available I was going to deposit most of my gil to it in order to help pay for our FC house. But if everyone has access to withdraw whatever they want from it that may not be such a great idea...

FinKL

Knew I should of got that extra sleep >_< At least I can watch the housing guide put up a couple days ago.

Is there a parameter to skip the ESRB rating/intro when logging in?

Kokonoe

Banned

Jeez. This combined with the starting nations locked to certain jobs is one of the most dumbest things I've ever seen in an MMO. I'm having trouble playing with my friends just because of this nonsense.

Cmagus

Ugh 9000 and 10102 .... at least I was lucky enough to make it through my Sastasha run after 45 min que in duty finder.

How exactly does the company chest work? are the items and gil stored shared between everyone like duplicates or what? i'm afraid to take anything out >_>;

These are not duplicates. What you see is what you get. Feel free to take whatever you need. On Ultros, the Company Chest is currently open to everyone with a 'Member' rank or above.You can openly store and withdraw items from the chest. Members with a rank of 'Recruit' do not have access.

Vodh

Decided to try creating a character named Lucifer Morningstar just to see if it's been already taken, it went through... Now SE has kindly provided some server downtime so that I could decide whether the name is too cheesy after all, or should I keep him as my main. Decisions, decisions!

Doodlebug

I doesn't matter much over time. I didn't know when I started that I would have to stick with the class I picked for the first 10 levels, then I can go about unlocking more. I wasn't even aware classes had to be unlocked as such, which means traveling to their respective guilds. So be aware that you'll initially be limited to classes that have guilds within your city-state until a time when you can travel to others.

I think that's how it works, anyway.

Zakkath

Lol, I can't even create a character on the LOWEST population server to start playing this game :

Connection to server lost

What have they been doing during their 4 beta phases and the open beta weekend ???

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Since I'm stuck on the login page, quick question: I know you can change classes whenever, but is stat attribution permanent? It I keep pouring all my points into strength, will I never be able to train as a mage?

Jinko

Post on the Offical Forums

To all the ppl defending SE and bad service

I was 1.0 player when majority left 1.0 i left also and game died.
It happend cos majority of ppl got pissed not minority that defendet se so if u whant to suport them maby u should ask for special server where only SE defenders will play so when game dies second time they dont should u out,
I Rebought the game for 3 days early acces and as it seems right not i will only play till 9 sept .... AND JUST U WAIT till STREAMS START Streaming errors there goes ur player base down the drain this NDA is for reason here when the basing of ppl comes on all the news site gg . It is not minority that counts in mmos it is majoity and if u lose them u lose the game. GW1/2 Neverwinter Tera Secret World SWTOR FFXiv 1.0 all had ppl like this die hard defenders defending crap service ... Enjoy

Says it all ...pffftt

Since I'm stuck on the login page, quick question: I know you can change classes whenever, but is star attribution permanent? It I keep pouring all my points into strength, will I never be able to train as a mage?

Attributes are specific to each class. Your bonus points can be applied differently to each class.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I find that there are pockets of quests in different areas, rather than being completely lead from one to another like a conveyor belt. I prefer this tbh, it encourages exploration.

There are definitely gaps in the quest lines. I've spent lots of time running around looking for quests.

I think they assume you are doing FATEs, the hunting log, levequests, etc. to compensate
I used up all my levequest allowances and did fates mostly from 10-15. Now I see nothing in the 15-20 zones in Black Shroud and Thanalan.

I guess when I log back in I can check out the 15-20 zone in La Noscea.

Are we supposed to rotate between all three after lvl 15?

Kokonoe

Banned
You can get to level 5 in an hour just doing quests in the city. 10 in another hour.

That's time out of our days where we have to get on each others schedules, combined with the time wasted trying to get to each others nations and all of that. How about just let me pick whatever job I want, whenever I want, like FFXI or PSO2?

Really, whats the trick? I think I'm 12 after like 6 hours. I came in blind, no beta/info prior for me.

Beginning quests + story quests + eat food + get rested exp + hunting logs + FATEs = easy leveling :)

edit: btw, I think level 12 after 6 hours is pretty good pacing, I'm probably about the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom