• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I don't even...

I guess I obviously expect it from an MMO (although not one where they can clearly see in real fucking time how many Early Access Codes go out and thus have an idea of server load), but when this sort of shit starts creeping in to every single time I want to sit down and game, that feels like the destruction of a hobby and going to be something that needs a big minus bullet point in all game reviews.

Jinko

Oh geez, what a nice reply.

Doesn't change that it's still dumb design.

Well once you get to 15 you get an airship pass, there is no party content prior to this anyway, so why do you need to play with friends ?

You can still form a party and chat with each other whilst you do you own thing.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well once you get to 15 you get an airship pass, there is no party content prior to this anyway, so why do you need to play with friends ?

You can still form a party and chat with each other whilst you do you own thing.

It's an MMORPG....

Hubb

That's time out of our days where we have to get on each others schedules, combined with the time wasted trying to get to each others nations and all of that. How about just let me pick whatever job I want, whenever I want, like FFXI or PSO2?

I see where you are coming from, but getting to level 10 is pretty easy. If it is a real problem just have your friends pick the same classes/starting city. the story quests between 1-10 make the whole thing pretty much a solo tutorial experience.

Level 10-15 and beyond is where grouping becomes a positive.

EDarkness

I'm being a little facetious, but not by much. Get every quest you see, do the class quests and do the Hunting Log once it's unlocked.

The thing is, story quests pad out your first class. I decided to switch to Lancer and the problem I had was that there weren't enough quests, so I had to pad it out the best I could with Leves and the Hunting Log. I wonder how it's gonna be on your third or fourth time around with different classes. Grinding it out with Leves and such is gonna make that grind boring as hell. I'm thinking about saving some regular quests so that I'll at least have a few quests to do once I come back to archer.

Boss Man

Doesn't it actually disband your party when you try to go into an instance by yourself? Or did they fix that?

Tevren

Great. 90000'ed. Though I'm hearing instances are working. Be nice to see for myself.

Instances worked fine for me earlier this morning. Di a few class quests that were built up, and tanked a Copper Bell Mines run. All finished smoothly.

About 10 minutes after the CPM run, I loaded another duty. Enterred fine, completed it, and as soon as the post fight dialogue ended, Error 90000'd. Then the 90k > 10102 > 90k loop resumed.

People that were still logged in seem to be fine, provided they aren't attempting duties.

FinKL

Beginning quests + story quests + eat food + get rested exp + hunting logs + FATEs = easy leveling :)

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know about food/hunting logs. Thankfully, I found a sanctuary as I was about to log off how convenient :)

I thought I read someone say, skip side quests for your alternate class, does that still hold? Or are quests separate per job?

Really? A tutorial from level 1-15 before you can even meet up with you're friends seems kind of extreme to me. Let alone at least dumping 6 hours into it and still not hitting 15.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yes an MMO that has no party content before lvl 15 !

Why am I repeating myself ?

Does it matter? I can still play with my friends and quests together all in sync just fine like I did with FFXI. Why is the system in place in this game inferior to it's predecessor? It's already enough trying to get on each others schedules to begin with, but tell me what is logically better about not being able to pick your home nation and not being able to swap until a certain level and wasting time leveling up something someone is not even going to utilize just so they can play in the same area?

Where is the benefit to all of this? I don't see any.

Every single time that I'm about to sit down and play, maintenance starts within the next thirty minutes. I've had a total of an hour and a half to play since EA began.

I'm starting to become impatient.

akaoni

Banned
So I pull up beside this person fishing, throw out my line beside them.

They retract their line, walk about 30m and cast their line again.

Not awkward at all.

Several Worlds Login Difficulties (Aug. 25)
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
From Aug. 25, 2013 6:39 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
Unable to log into several Worlds.

[Affected Worlds]
North American/European Data Center Worlds
- Moogle
- Odin
- Shiva
- Cerberus
- Faerie
- Coeurl
- Exodus
- Diabolos
- Adamantoise
- Ultros
- Midgardsormr
- Malboro
- Goblin
- Cactuar
- Gilgamesh
- Leviathan
- Behemoth
- Balmung
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Excalibur
- Hyperion

hertog

This is my first MMO, and I just got to lvl 10.

Explain the multi player part to me :p So far all the other players have just been in my way, killing monsters before I'm able to to clear hunting missions.

Wow, people are having issues this morning? I've been in since the last maintenance ended and have had 0 issues doing anything. Duty works fine, quests work fine.

Guess I'm lucky.

Jinko

Oh wow, I think even the JP servers are borked. I logged in to see that their list was unavailable, lol.

Yea I tried to make a character on JP server and got 10102 error, I imagine a lot of EA/US players are filtering over to the JP servers and taking it down with them lol.

Does it matter? I can still play with my friends and quests together all in sync just fine like I did with FFXI. Why is the system in place in this game inferior to it's predecessor? It's already enough trying to get on each others schedules to begin with, but tell me what is logically better about not being able to pick your home nation and not being able to swap until a certain level and wasting time leveling up something someone is not even going to utilize just so they can play in the same area?

I'm not really defending their decision, just saying deal with it.

Doesn't it actually disband your party when you try to go into an instance by yourself? Or did they fix that?

Not sure, I don't think you can enter dungeons on your own, and it would open the duty finder anyway.

Boss Man

So no one has to worry about playing with groups that early. Sure, they didn't have to, but now they don't have to worry about the option. This is why they don't want to add NMs, open dungeons, etc. apparently. Reducing stress and anxiety.

Kenai

That's time out of our days where we have to get on each others schedules, combined with the time wasted trying to get to each others nations and all of that. How about just let me pick whatever job I want, whenever I want, like FFXI or PSO2?

FFXI separated you by starting city just like FFXIV does. All you really had to do was make sure your job and/or starting city were the same. Every city has at least a few choices available

I know it's not quite as smooth as FFXI in that regard, but unlike 11 there is a lot of class specific storyline before higher levels. I've already got to do 2 class storyline things by level 13 where in 11 I needed to hit level 40.

Yea I tried to make a character on JP server and got 10102 error, I imagine a lot of EA/US players are filtering over to the JP servers and taking it down with them lol.

Misery really loves company lol.

And while I am not whining/complaining as much as some, I do think the instancing thing is very much a problem and will kill a lot of the game's goodwill if it persists through the official launch. It needs to be fixed before then.

Arcticfox

My main issue with game design is that you need to level and complete several instanced dungeons just to get access to the bank/retainers.

While the instances were down I thought I would level my gathering and crafting skills. Since I do not have access to retainers yet, I constantly have to sell items I would have preferred to keep for future use just to free up inventory slots.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Every single time that I'm about to sit down and play, maintenance starts within the next thirty minutes. I've had a total of an hour and a half to play since EA began.

I'm starting to become impatient.
Obviously your urge to play is tied to the game messing up.

Do us all a favor and uninstall the game so we can play!

lol I can't wait for official launch :D

The design encourages solo play from about 1-10 so players can understand the basics of their chosen class, which I feel is important because once you start partying with people you don't know and who are therefore less accepting or tolerant of not being proficient, it pays off. I still play with friends at lower levels, but it's really loose stuff like finishing hunting log entries or gathering/crafting.

The home city being linked to job can be inconvenient for playing with friends, but you can walk to the cities if you want to, and leveling and progressing through the main missions to the point where you can take the airship goes pretty quickly.

EDarkness

The design encourages solo play from about 1-10 so players can understand the basics of their chosen class, which I feel is important because once you start partying with people you don't know and who are therefore less accepting or tolerant of not being proficient, it pays off. I still play with friends at lower levels, but it's really loose stuff like finishing hunting log entries or gathering/crafting.

The home city being linked to job can be inconvenient for playing with friends, but you can walk to the cities if you want to, and leveling and progressing through the main missions to the point where you can take the airship goes pretty quickly.

Wait...how much grouping is required post 20? I hope this isn't another FFXI situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom