• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I pull up beside this person fishing, throw out my line beside them.

They retract their line, walk about 30m and cast their line again.

Not awkward at all.

lol

I do that sometimes too, because I go by audio for hoooking.

Wait...how much grouping is required post 20? I hope this isn't another FFXI situation....

That I don't know; I only just got to 20 myself this time, but with guildleves, hunting journal, and sidequests, there seems to be enough single player content to at least balance party play.

Hubb

My main issue with game design is that you need to level and complete several instanced dungeons just to get access to the bank/retainers.

While the instances were down I thought I would level my gathering and crafting skills. Since I do not have access to retainers yet, I constantly have to sell items I would have preferred to keep for future use just to free up inventory slots.

I'm about to be level 29 and I still haven't joined a Grand Company or gotten my mount. Hopefully they can fix the log in issues quickly.

Hagi

These are not duplicates. What you see is what you get. Feel free to take whatever you need. On Ultros, the Company Chest is currently open to everyone with a 'Member' rank or above.You can openly store and withdraw items from the chest. Members with a rank of 'Recruit' do not have access.

Ah cool thanks for clarifying. This being my first proper mmo there's some things I'm still a bit unsure about.

Think i'm going to skip Black Mage and go for Summoner instead. Really like how Arcanist plays and dat Carbuncle.

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know about food/hunting logs. Thankfully, I found a sanctuary as I was about to log off how convenient :)

I thought I read someone say, skip side quests for your alternate class, does that still hold? Or are quests separate per job?

Yeah, the hunting logs give a crap load of extra experience. I got 2800 or so when I was around level 10 just for killing 3 mobs.

Yeah, you can skip some sidequests for other classes.
The way I do it is to do all side quests in your start city for your first class, and when you have the airship and more classes open, switch to a new class in the alternate starting cities, and do each for a different class.

Obviously your urge to play is tied to the game messing up.

Do us all a favor and uninstall the game so we can play!

lol I can't wait for official launch :D

I don't know... I think I'll just keep doing this. The whole, "If I can't have it, nobody can."

I just know there are going to be so many problems during official launch
, hopefully just when I'm not playing and others are.

Boss Man

Wait...how much grouping is required post 20? I hope this isn't another FFXI situation....
You tick a checkbox in the menu and it warps you into limbo with your automatically matched teammates. You clear the instance and then they disappear and you never talk to them again. If you're DPS it might take a few minutes to match you, but you can do other things while it works.

You can also group with your friends and then tick the checkbox, but it's not necessary. This game is really nothing at all like FFXI in any aspect except for borrowing the races and a bunch of the monsters.

Playing > Maintenance > World is Full.
c2m.gif

I really cannot get enough of this gif. It's perfect for so many situations. xD

Lord Phol

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know about food/hunting logs. Thankfully, I found a sanctuary as I was about to log off how convenient :)

I thought I read someone say, skip side quests for your alternate class, does that still hold? Or are quests separate per job?

Really? A tutorial from level 1-15 before you can even meet up with you're friends seems kind of extreme to me. Let alone at least dumping 6 hours into it and still not hitting 15.

It's fine, level 1-15 is nothing compared to the rest of the game. Besides there's not much group content to be done at those levels anyways. Get a LS going and have some fun, u'll be slaying monsters together in no time. Trust me, you will have plenty of time and options to group up later in the game, it's an mmo after all.

Jinko

Thats one thing SE has done quite well. Have not seen a single gold spammer.

I had one message me the cheeky fecker.

I would have messaged a GM but I thought knowing SE I would end up getting banned also or something. (can never be too careful with SE)

Lord Phol

I'm about to be level 29 and I still haven't joined a Grand Company or gotten my mount. Hopefully they can fix the log in issues quickly.

Leveling pretty quickly here as well, there's just so many things you can do. Almost 23 and no GC yet. Haven't even started my class 20 quests and I keep stumbling upon new stuff to do all the time.

So I pull up beside this person fishing, throw out my line beside them.

They retract their line, walk about 30m and cast their line again.

Not awkward at all.

Ugh. I hate when I'm crafting and someone invades my space and starts making noise and sparkling </snob>

Managed to use the duty finder gracefully... after 30 minutes. I'm so glad that I play with my irl friends that includes one tank and one healer.

Item Box

I wish people weren't so anti-social when using the duty finder, no one seems to communicate much. Kinda feels like I'm playing with AI partners or something.

...guess I should probably get on mumble sometime

JLeack

Banned
I want to, you know, play this game, but I keep getting errors when trying to connect to the game world. This is frustrating after yesterday's 24 hour marathon of me being unable to progress my class and main stories

Hubb

Leveling pretty quickly here as well, there's just so many things you can do. Almost 23 and no GC yet. Haven't even started my class 20 quests and I keep stumbling upon new stuff to do all the time.

Yeah it hasn't bothered me too much since I can just keep on leveling, would really like my chocobo though.

Jinko

I wish people weren't so anti-social when using the duty finder, no one seems to communicate much. Kinda feels like I'm playing with AI partners or something.

The 3 occasions I have used it 1 of the groups was very friendly and chatty, the other 2 not so much, although 1 person did say they were on PS3 with no keyboard lol.

Have you been playing with GAF members? I usually jump into DF with 2-3 other gaffers and we talk plenty. If you just hop in the DF solo then yeah most people won't bother unfortunately.

Damn, took 32 screenshots in my last play session. My steam friends are gonna be pissed with all the upload spam
Its alright they're only GAFers :p

That said was just about to unlock my grand company, and got DC'd, now can't get back in. Its 3am here... not sure if I should just give up for the night.

Torquill

They have official moved from "normal launch issues" to "beyond normal level of problems", specifically because the same 2 issues continue to manifest despite multiple "fixes" for both having already occurred.

Bleh

Fuck this..guess ill just go play some tomb raider. I really wanted to play too :( I kept running into new stuff last night and exploring was fun. I hope they have it sorted out today because I have work all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom