• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

They have official moved from "normal launch issues" to "beyond normal level of problems", specifically because the same 2 issues continue to manifest despite multiple "fixes" for both having already occurred.

Bleh

Well I duno how serious the problem is, but I suspect they have too many people on one server, SE trying to be cheap as usual until they can gauge how many sales they've had and how many will stick around.

Fact is they 25 JP servers and 25 EU/NA servers and the majority of the users/players are in NA.

user1337

I think the lodestone is down as well now? lol, at least I keep getting the 504 gateway error or the "The server is experiencing unusually heavy traffic. Please try again later."

Westlo

People still don't get you don't need alts...

Yeah I was thinking on this while listening to that godlike character creation theme, what's the point of alts if you can level up every class and learn every profession on one character?

I mean I get that if you want to have a different look to a character, that would work, but heck I'll rather make an alt on Ultros so I can play with GAF while my main is on Behemoth for Oceanic players.

Mules make sense I guess...?

Why do you care how someone else plays the game? Just because you don't need something doesn't mean you can't have/want it.

Thanks Hubb. I want an alt because I like to play two completely different playstyles and races sometimes (before endgame). I enjoy the variety.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It's extremely frustrating that I logged out in an inn last night.

Now it keeps trying to log in and throw me into an instance. Servers have to be perfect for me to play again. :(

Kenai

Why do you care how someone else plays the game? Just because you don't need something doesn't mean you can't have/want it.

In this particular case it would be kind of affecting other people if alts were allowed this soon, It's definitely your own prerogative to have extra toons though. I hope they continue to restrict alts from the GAF group for a good bit longer, no offense.

Ferr986

So guys, are Grand Companys still better for some jobs rather than others or all they offer the same shit now? I was on the quest on deciding what GC to join.

akaoni

Banned
The game will have some sort of race-change option just in case anyone's stressing. At least I think so. It's one of the rewards if you subscribe for 30 days or something like that.

Hubb

In this particular case it would be kind of affecting other people if alts were allowed this soon, It's definitely your own prerogative to have extra toons though. I hope they continue to restrict alts from the GAF group for a good bit longer, no offense.

My quote wasn't for allowing alts in the FC, I know there is a limit on the amount of people allowed in the FC.

Kenai

So guys, are Grand Companys still better for some jobs rather than others or all they offer the same shit now? I was on the quest on deciding what GC to join.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I can tell it's more related to what city you want to hang out in most/what NPCs you like best, kinda like in FFXI. I'm not sure if they offer different gear sets, but it's likely at least some gear will come with the GC insignia on it as well.

My quote wasn't for allowing alts in the FC, I know there is a limit on the amount of people allowed in the FC.

Ah ok.

smr00

Banned
This is my first MMO, and I just got to lvl 10.

Explain the multi player part to me :p So far all the other players have just been in my way, killing monsters before I'm able to to clear hunting missions.
My biggest problem with the game is that kills don't count for everyone in areas.

It took me almost 30 minutes just to kill 6 fucking beetles. Seriously, it's 2013. If you are in an area with 1000 other people on the same quest, kills should count for all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Server Message just said there will be maintenance. 8:30 to 10:30 PDT

7x7l8Ii.gif

Ferr986

Don't quote me on this, but from what I can tell it's more related to what city you want to hang out in most/what NPCs you like best, kinda like in FFXI. I'm not sure if they offer different gear sets, but it's likely at least some gear will come with the GC insignia on it as well.

Thanks. I hope is like that. Ill try to check the stuff pn GC shops. If I can go back online...

Didn't even realize there were problems happening until I saw the maintenance message in game. Luckily I was near a sanctuary. Had been smooth sailing up until now for me.

Zomba13

From 15:30 to 17:30 (GMT), emergency maintenance will be performed on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please log out before the maintenance begins.
See the News section for more details.

Yay even more maint where they will do bugger all.

Isaccard

Yeah I was thinking on this while listening to that godlike character creation theme, what's the point of alts if you can level up every class and learn every profession on one character?

I mean I get that if you want to have a different look to a character, that would work, but heck I'll rather make an alt on Ultros so I can play with GAF while my main is on Behemoth for Oceanic players.

Mules make sense I guess...?

That's what retainers are for. Can't trade between characters.

Filth

i havent been able to do any dutys, and story progression quests and now for the whole morning wasnt able to login. im feeling pretty meh :/

Omnicent

My biggest problem with the game is that kills don't count for everyone in areas.

It took me almost 30 minutes just to kill 6 fucking beetles. Seriously, it's 2013. If you are in an area with 1000 other people on the same quest, kills should count for all.

they do. You probably only got 1 hit in, you need to do more than 1 hit to get credit

hamchan

They count for me if I get in, attacking it quickly after someone tags it.

Azriell

For anyone who has experience with later content, is BRD still a favorite like it was in XI? I heard Duty Finder considers it to be a DPS now and I'm not sure what that means for the job in general.

Item Box

From 15:30 to 17:30 (GMT), emergency maintenance will be performed on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please log out before the maintenance begins.
See the News section for more details.

Yay even more maint where they will do bugger all.
"The feel of early access"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom