• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaoni

Banned

ReaperXL7

im so glad I waited on this, It was one thing to have these issues during the Beta, but it would be another issue to have those exact same problems once I am paying a sub. they should have extended the open beta imo, but it appears they chose to continue it once people were giving them money.

Isaccard

My biggest problem with the game is that kills don't count for everyone in areas.

It took me almost 30 minutes just to kill 6 fucking beetles. Seriously, it's 2013. If you are in an area with 1000 other people on the same quest, kills should count for all.

If you tag it first, no matter what you get full exp and rewards. Everyone else will get exp/rewards based on contribution to the kill

"beta" was running better then this.

Open Beta was shit compared to this.

Vashetti

Banned
More maintenance that will do nothing

ibrOPT0vEsyXiu.gif

im so glad I waited on this, It was one thing to have these issues during the Beta, but it would be another issue to have those exact same problems once I am paying a sub. they should have extended the open beta imo, but it appears they chose to continue it once people were giving them money.

But people aren't necessarily paying for EA though.

Kenai

Wake up ready to play again. Servers go down for maintenance again. What the fuck? This is the worst launch I've seen in like 8 years.

Game doesn't really launch until Tues.

Granted, it definitely has the potential to be a pretty unappealing launch if the instancing stuff isn't fixed posthaste.

"beta" was running better then this.

Not for me. I couldn't log my toon into Ultros AT ALL that whole weekend. I had to make a toon on another server just to see if I approved of the interface/what changed from 1.0

Xyber

I feel like I've been pretty lucky so far. Took me 10 minutes to get in when it launched and was able to play for 4½ hours straight with no problems at all. Got in later that night and played for another hour before bed. And now today I only had to try and join for maybe 15 minutes because of the full servers, but after that everything has been working great.

Only problem seems to be that duty finder doesn't actually find me any people, but I didn't need to use that for the first dungeon anyway so it didn't matter.

I really enjoy the game so far, almost lvl 18 Arcanist. Gonna focus on being a healer for the most part and the pet helps with doing some damage while healing others. The aggro system seems to work pretty good in this too, so I don't get every single mob on me when I try to heal someone if the tank is doing his job properly (so annoying in Tera..).

supergiz

There is already a lvl 40 on our server. With all these people on the fast track, I wonder how much content there will be at lvl 50.

Filth

If you tag it first, no matter what you get full exp and rewards. Everyone else will get exp/rewards based on contribution to the kill

Open Beta was shit compared to this.

i had zero problems, i do know a lot of people had issues but im just now experiencing what you guys went through. i picked an empty server though. :/

Don't mind that I have to go in to work for a few hours with all the server problems...again. Hope it fixes for you guys soon. Be back on later tonight :)

Vitanimus

Had a slight panic when they posted that the maintenance would last until "17:30 am" thinking it meant 5:30 tomorrow morning... whew.

Game doesn't really launch until Tues.

Granted, it definitely has the potential to be a pretty unappealing launch if the instancing stuff isn't fixed posthaste.

Not for me. I couldn't log my toon into Ultros AT ALL that whole weekend. I had to make a toon on another server just to see if I approved of the interface/what changed from 1.0

This is pretty much launch "early access" means nothing. Most people who want to play the game have it pre-ordered. What I don't understand is why they didn't have these issues during open beta.

Riposte

Doing quests naked has made some of the lv. 20+ ones a little exciting. The difficulty is increasing, but knowing what I know about AF quests now, I'm still rather concerned. I actually lost twice against the GLA lv. 20 quest and had to slightly adjust my tactics. I liked that.

Still, it is very hard for me to enjoy this game right now. Even the aspects I like (namely, the aesthetics, but particularly those that feel associated with Eorzea and not the uncreative fanboy approach to "what is Final Fantasy" that is slowly enveloping it) are being drowned out by the sheer tedium of it being a very typical MMORPG that is too afraid of being "stressful". It is actually harder to enjoy the setting given how systematic and manipulative things have become - how brutally aware I am that this is a MMORPG player's MMORPG. Hanging over it is also my pessimism how it goes out of its way to destroy any sense of community outside of your free company (including having long since lost the multicultural aspect in the process) and how their game design reflects how little they think of the playerbase's intelligence and patience. If you are saying "wait til end-game", then you are failing to see how much of a cynical approach that is to treat players (especially when "it is a real Final Fantasy" is main selling point). I'm really looking for a moment where it clicks, where it is both challenging and not blatantly trying to manipulate me. If they can put forth a piece of content that makes me forget this is a MMORPG that is trying to patronize me, I'll be excited. Server issues at launch a short-term concern to me, so whatever, but I guess they are slowing me down while I try to look for that moment.

That being what it is, what I'm curious is how the game will look when the new MMORPG smell wears off.

CoLaN

Maintenance in few minutes. I was lucky today and managed to play many hours without issues (european on Leviathan US server).

Almost level 26, got my Chocobo, ran istances, etc. Pugilist is really fun.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Haven't been able to play all weekend. On a Bank Holiday Weekend here in the UK. Just... dammit. I feel like I want more than a shitty Mog Cap and Cait Sith minion for this bullshit.

Still jealous of the Coeurl mount and Behemoth barding, but I'd be beyond furious if I had shelled out Collector Edition price for a game I can't seemingly play even in sodding early-access period, so god knows what apocalypse launch proper will bring.

Any chance I could get an invite to the LS/Free Company on Ultros? My name in the game is Enkidu Astros.

Edit: Perhaps after the maintenance...

Dr. Light

My biggest problem with the game is that kills don't count for everyone in areas.

It took me almost 30 minutes just to kill 6 fucking beetles. Seriously, it's 2013. If you are in an area with 1000 other people on the same quest, kills should count for all.

Since fucking when? You don't get credit for what other people do, that's not how videogames work.

I course I haven't seriously played an MMO since WoW in 2007, maybe "in 2013" you aren't expected to actually play the game anymore. Seriously?

Meicyn

Gold Member
This is pretty much launch "early access" means nothing. Most people who want to play the game have it pre-ordered. What I don't understand is why they didn't have these issues during open beta.
They did have issues. People were getting 3102 and 90K errors constantly. And then they ended open beta without adequately testing their "fix".

Early access is effectively extended phase 4. I hope they resolve this soon.

Wes

venison crêpe
I just got on. Managed to do two story instances (the thing that caused me to error out in the first place) whilst everyone else logged off.

Berordn

Since fucking when? You don't get credit for what other people do, that's not how videogames work.

I course I haven't seriously played an MMO since WoW in 2007, maybe "in 2013" you aren't expected to actually play the game anymore. Seriously?

The irony being you actually do get credit in ARR if you do at least 30% of the creature's HP in damage. EXP will scale based on how much over you do but you'll get quest and hunting log credit regardless.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So the answer is to plug in more fucking servers and up world counts.

Maybe an open beta longer than like 2 days out of the blue would have helped this kind of situation. Why are the people in charge of this shit always the most short sighted twits imaginable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom