• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I'm trying to figure out what was worse at this point, WoW's launch or this so far. Guess it'll depend how long it goes on. WoW had massive loot lag, but I'm pretty sure the game stayed on. This is just, yikes.

Pre-order bonus: Stress test. Should have probably just called it that instead of "Early Access".

EDIT: Guessing the login servers are just dead at the moment, as all I'm getting is the message that pops up normally under maintenance, that the game can't find the server.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feels like the issues this game is having right now are getting worse with each maintenance, not better....

This is worse for me. Before, I could at least attempt to log in. Now, most of the time, it won't even display my character because NA/EU server list isn't working.

Got to play last night for a little bit on ps3 and man, I love the controls. Not going to be able to dive in again until Monday or Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure SE's "solution" to fixing the instance server is just to restrict the game so much that only a few people can log on at a time. :p :(

notworksafe

Feels like the issues this game is having right now are getting worse with each maintenance, not better....

Well they hard locked login numbers for this bit. I wouldn't call it a "fix" but it's the reason that the issue seems to be getting worse.

Theoretically they are going to increase that lock slowly to figure out where their issues are happening. I doubt that will help perception but hopefully it leads to a proper fix.

Panda Rin

Still stuck on the login screen. WIll probably just wait until later tonight when it dies down.

Any ideas if the Phial of Fantasia will change your race and gender?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
There any possible way to get the launcher to remember my password every time?

DragonHunterG

Neo Member
even worse for me at this point, my characters are now gone and all my display settings gone. when i opened the launcher and then signed in, the game opened in windowed mode (been playing fullscreen) and when i started the game, i had to sit through the opening movie. and even getting past the movie, it says unable to update NA list. but my characters are definitely gone. im glad they were at a low level :(

Valnen

Best way to login with error 1017 in my experience is to get a controller and mass X (PS) or A (Xbox). So much faster than clicking.

pleunv

If I was playing with a controller I would've smashed it against the wall already. Jesus christ this is so incredibly annoying. At least enable those queues so we don't have to keep trying over and over and over...

Zomba13

Finally managed to get my character to load up with the NA/EU server lists. 80th in queue for Sargatanas.

Never mind. now it's saying world full.

Torquill

even worse for me at this point, my characters are now gone and all my display settings gone. when i opened the launcher and then signed in, the game opened in windowed mode (been playing fullscreen) and when i started the game, i had to sit through the opening movie. and even getting past the movie, it says unable to update NA list. but my characters are definitely gone. im glad they were at a low level :(
They aren't gone. If the game can't access the world list, it can't access your server, and thus can't access your characters. They are there, but your client can't get to them, that's all.

Vashetti

Banned
Oh wow, gonna get to play Final Fantasy XIV properly this weekend!

c2m.gif

PS3: lol nope *overheats & dies*

Can't beat the "world is full" error on Hyperion. I'm hoping that what they're doing is opening up more slots slowly, so all the traffic doesn't just undo all their maintenance work and bring it all back down.

Well, at least I can attempt to log in now. Like my character is showing up... Sigh. I wish they would make the queue limit far larger. I don't see the point in limiting it honestly. Wouldn't it hurt the server more if people were spamming login than just sitting in a queue waiting patiently? I dunno how that would work. *shrug*

Epcott

NA/EU worlds are still not showing up for me, and maintenance has been over for 30 minutes.

If this were Tuesday, I would rage.

Credo

So I have 2 friends in-game playing right now, and I can't even get the worlds list to update when I try to log in.

I do not understand.

Is anyone else getting the "world is full" error before even selecting your character? lol. Like, I hit the Start button, and before it even shows my character, it pops up saying the world is full. wtf, how does it know what world I want to even check yet? :p

I can't even access the character selection screen without it telling me the world is full. Fucking eh...

I'm not the only one it seems. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom