• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torquill

So I have 2 friends in-game playing right now, and I can't even get the worlds list to update when I try to log in.

I do not understand.

Login limitations are up. So everyone is constantly spamming over and over again trying to get in, which is causing insane stress on their lobby/login servers (waaaaaaaaaay more than usual) and is causing frequent failures to report back the world list.

Just ran Tamtara as tank with a conjurer that insisted on marking enemies and attacking first.

Is it common in other MMOs for healers to choose targets and start fights?

Also had an arcanist that said "iono" for "I don't know" which annoyed me deeply for some reason

Mr. RHC

So, is everbody enjoying the early access?!

I for one am enjoying the game right now, it's great..... on Twitch!
http://de.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom

c2m.gif

I just needed an excuse to post this epic gif, lol

Anyway, anyone wants to explain the game to me, what can I do beside grinding and wow esque quests?

Just ran Tamtara as tank with a conjurer that insisted on marking enemies and attacking first.

Also had an arcanist that said "iono" for "I don't know" which annoyed me deeply for some reason

Nope. That's grounds for getting kicked!

smr00

Banned
Bummer. I got in for a good 15-20 minutes and went to tab out to load up itunes and queue up some podcast and tabbed back in, crashed and now can't find server or whatever.

It was a good run. I did snag a picture of my little lancer though.

I was ready to stab people :(

So, is everbody enjoying the early access?!

I for one am enjoying the game right now, it's great..... on Twitch!
http://de.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom

c2m.gif

I just needed an excuse to post this epic gif, lol

Anyway, anyone wants to explain the game to me, what can I do beside grinding and wow esque quests?
Lalafell? Good man.

Login limitations are up. So everyone is constantly spamming over and over again trying to get in, which is causing insane stress on their lobby/login servers (waaaaaaaaaay more than usual) and is causing frequent failures to report back the world list.

They should just add a larger limit on the queue system. It would solve the problem of people spamming the login servers trying to get in. I'd much rather sit in a queue of 500+ people than spam the 0 button on the numpad.

suzu

The tank usually chooses targets.

Maybe the party was going a little too slow for the conjurer, so he decided to pull mobs on his own or something. lol. Either way, you should tell them to cut that shit out.

wrongway

This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again.
This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again.
Unable to update the group NA/EU character list.
1qrz806.gif

Credo

I wonder if this game will be playable a week from now. I can't imagine how bad launch day will be if it's this bad now. Maybe enough people will have given up by this time next week that it'll be slightly easier to actually play the game.

Well this sucks to wake up to.

Guess I was way too hopeful that Square has finally ironed out the major issues with the maintenance late last night.

I guess instead of fixing anything they're just going to lock down servers even harder lol.

TheContact

NA/EU worlds are still not showing up for me, and maintenance has been over for 30 minutes.

If this were Tuesday, I would rage.

I'm with ya. This is essentially a huge stress test for their servers but they're under-prepared. I just hope they're ready by "official" launch

no, they're just stupid.

The tank usually chooses targets.

Maybe the party was going a little too slow for the conjurer, so he decided to pull mobs on his own or something. lol. Either way, you should tell them to cut that shit out.

I brought it up as soon as i saw numbers that I wasn't setting. He was also opening chests while we were fighting. We stayed moving, but whatever.

I just waited for him to remember he wasn't a tank and let his hp drop to the low 30s before stepping in.

crozier

Stewie is the perfect GIF.

Maddening. I half expect SE to run some sort of analysis and perma-ban me for being the first person in history to manually and single-handedly DDoS their servers. Just put me in a fucking queue already...

Dineren

Banned
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've read through much of the thread and haven't seen it. Is it possible to change your surname at any point? I rushed to create my character last night when the server opened up and now I'm really not happy with the name.

I was kind of hoping having one character on the server would allow you to create as many as you wanted without worrying about it being locked, but apparently that isn't the case.

This is especially frustrating when you have limited play time (i.e. when the kids are asleep). Oh well, I'll try not to add to the problem by spamming my login over and over.

Wortany

Noooo! What have I done!
Playing around with the graphical settings of the game and DirectX crashes, now I'm stuck outside of the game just like the rest of you guys.

So actually, the login problems are severe and it is stupid that they can't implement a decent queue where they can lower the population amount instead of just giving errors and making people manually retry.
But when you are inside the game, everything does really go well. There is no lag whatsoever. Loading between areas goes smooth. I've been fortunate to have been able to get in as much as I did, and I really enjoyed playing the game.

So I'm not sure what's worse. A launch where everyone has problems with bugs, lag, etc... or just flat out denying players but keeping the servers smooth for the ones already on it.

frequency

I don't understand how early access (only available to pre-orders) can be more stressful on the servers than open beta (available to everyone) was.

MMORPG launches tend to be pretty bad because of servers. But this would be pretty high up on the "terrible launches" list if people can't even bring up server lists reliably.

TheContact

The lodestone site where you can view your character is pretty cool, I hope some kind of Lonestone app comes out for smartphones similar to what WoW did with their Armory app

I don't understand how early access (only available to pre-orders) can be more stressful on the servers than open beta (available to everyone) was.

MMORPG launches tend to be pretty bad because of servers. But this would be pretty high up on the "terrible launches" list if people can't even bring up server lists reliably.

A lot of people were completely locked out of open beta for 24 hours or more. It's been a bumpy road for a while now.

Xavien

The lodestone site where you can view your character is pretty cool, I hope some kind of Lonestone app comes out for smartphones similar to what WoW did with their Armory app

They are planning to launch one... at launch with crafting information etc.

A lot of people were completely locked out of open beta for 24 hours or more. It's been a bumpy road for a while now.

Member of the 3102 club here.

It really bugs me how if you get any type of error (server full, etc), it kicks you back out to the title screen. Why doesn't it just stay on the character select screen?

UrSuLeTzU

Alt-tabbed into a critical error and now I can't get back in. Been trying for about 30 min and when the worlds DO shop up they are always full.. fun stuff!

Torquill

I think it chases world list error or something. I've never had that issue go away unless I relogin from the launcher (of course that process takes longer, so it could just be the time gap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom