• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

Not true. I was spamming by going back to the main menu for 20 minutes and finally got placed in a queue then plunged in 10 seconds later.

I was talking about the case where you don't even see your characters, are you talking about that too, or is it just World Full 1017 for you? Sorry for not clarifying.

TheGrue

I imagine they're going to do something really cool to make up for the early access weekend being a total bust, right? About the only time I've gotten to play and not had issues was first thing Saturday morning for about 3 hours before they took Ultros down. Everything after that has been instances not working and not being able to connect to the server.

Infinitydragon

Neo Member
Its like they are deliberately trying to torture us.

I finally get the server list to show up , I try to log in and it puts me in a queue.

After i wait in the queue for a while it kicks me out saying world is full.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So they get rid of the queuing system to frustrate people into not playing.

I wonder how many more things they'll do before actually fixing the problem.

Teknoman

Cant even see the servers :( Is Ragnarok online?

No, is Final Fantasy XIV.

iRWsdyKWWmNKH.gif

This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again.
This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again.
Unable to update the group NA/EU character list.
1qrz806.gif

i feels ya

I imagine they're going to do something really cool to make up for the early access weekend being a total bust, right? About the only time I've gotten to play and not had issues was first thing Saturday morning for about 3 hours before they took Ultros down. Everything after that has been instances not working and not being able to connect to the server.

I hope so. Early Access was pretty much the main selling point of the pre-order, imo.

Best response right here. I double laughed.

Yeah, I got the world is full message and yelled at my monitor saying... no, it is NOT okay.

I'm running into that same issue where every time I can play is the time it seems like it goes down. Ah well. back to the Hearthstone beta.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
This is still not back up yet? Are you kidding me?!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm trying to create my first character and there aren't any worlds in NA/EU accepting new characters.. so now what?

Start on a Japanese server. It's the only way you'll be able to play without issue for the next week or so. Then transfer in a few months when server transfers start up.

Whats wrong with the battle system? Also while i'd like the various themes to have a constant loop option, didnt the majority of players want it like that? Cant count the times i've asked someone in XI if they heard "awesome theme X" after an event or while running through an area, and they said they turned off the music/were listening to something else :(

Hey Tek (Remiel here). Quite honestly I think it sucks hosewater compared to what we had in 1.23. All they had to do was fix the input and server lag, and instead we got spammapalooza with Global Cooldown, no weight to any of the attacks whatsoever and a silly Limit Break system that you can't even use half the time because the group will want to save it for the healer.

Regarding the music, I don't know what people asked for how it is in ARR, but it sure isn't the English and Japanese players giving SE hell on the official forums about the silence. XD

Still can't get in, gonna stop trying and go back to PSO2 unless this straightens out soon.

Kimawolf

This is ridiculous. They actually got what no other MMO has EVER gotten, a freakin REDO of their launch, and they STILL managed bork the launch. How could they not be prepared for this load? It's ludacris.

But I suppose considering this is square, i shouldn't be surprised. I was in a queue and got down to 24 then "Sorry world is full please come back later."

frequency

So they get rid of the queuing system to frustrate people into not playing.

I wonder how many more things they'll do before actually fixing the problem.

I wonder if they will actually even try to "fix" it. It seems to just be a server load issue. So would the fix not be to just buy more servers? It seems they're content to just wait it out and hope less people want to play simultaneously... which is kind of terrible -- hoping for less people to want to play your subscription based MMORPG.

All the maintenance seems to do is change numbers of people allowed to play at the same time. Which I guess could help to stabilise the game for people already logged in. But all they're really doing is shifting the load to the login servers then. And so everyone sits here spamming the login servers and people in game never want to log out because they know what awaits them if they do.

aceface

This is so weird, I've had 0 issues with this launch. Yesterday I got about 8 hours in between the maintenance times, leveled up to level 10 Thamaturge (Leolin Heiral, I feel like I should put my name in here every time so people know who I am). Today I was able to log onto Ultros right at 12:30pm EST and have been doing story quests ever since including my first instance battle with no problem.

Vistrix

I'm trying to create my first character and there aren't any worlds in NA/EU accepting new characters.. so now what?

You'll just have to wait it out.

What I did was create my character using the benchmark tool and you can import the appearance at any time then.

pleunv

Finally got in, tabbed out to exit Rocksmith, tabbed back into FFXIV, sound died. "No problem", I think, "login server is still up". I exit the game, start it back up, NA/EU servers down.

FUCK.

SERIOUSLY.

FUCK.

Zafir

This is so weird, I've had 0 issues with this launch. Yesterday I got about 8 hours in between the maintenance times, leveled up to level 10 Thamaturge (Leolin Heiral, I feel like I should put my name in here every time so people know who I am). Today I was able to log onto Ultros right at 12:30pm EST and have been doing story quests ever since including my first instance battle with no problem.
You have very good luck then.

This weekend I think I've managed to play about 4hours maybe and most of that was yesterday. Today I've played about 30mins since waking up 8 hours ago.

Finally got in, tabbed out to exit Rocksmith, tabbed back into FFXIV, sound died. "No problem", I think, "login server is still up". I exit the game, start it back up, NA/EU servers down.

FUCK.

SERIOUSLY.

FUCK.

come on, you should know by now that voluntary exits pretty much guarantee you nothing but frustration ;)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
so its almost 8pm here in the weekend and I haven't been able to play 'Early Access' at all.

What the fuck are they doing. I even signed onto an EU server (Odin) to avoid the fucking NA clown car, but seemingly theyre all attached to the same dumb suicide switch. I don't even understand how they've done this. I can only assume the Worlds are Virtual Servers and not actually... their own ones?

Emitan

so its almost 8pm here in the weekend and I haven't been able to play 'Early Access' at all.

What the fuck are they doing. I even signed onto an EU server (Odin) to avoid the fucking NA clown car, but seemingly theyre all attached to the same dumb suicide switch. I don't even understand how they've done this. I can only assume the Worlds are Virtual Servers and not actually... their own ones?

There are two datacenters. One in Japan and one in Canada.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Did anyone actually get in by spamming against error 1017?

gillty

Banned
GAF should have rolled on a Japanese server at this rate... lol.
Smooth sailing on Durandal, hola! J-Gaf welcomes those who hath sinned.

My most sincere sympathies to those on the Montreal server cluster, luckily Vancouver is right down the middle interms of latency for both Japan and Montreal.

There are two datacenters. One in Japan and one in Canada.
Canada is a pretty large place yaknow, its in Montreal. You wouldn't say US for servers in Los Angeles vs. New York, now would you?

WolvenOne

Shame, sounds like they just didn't have the capacity in place. Which of course means that everything will be fine by the middle of the week. XD

Lumine

So I tried logging on to a different server (phoenix instead of ultros) and I got in right away. So I guess there is quite a difference between server populations. But I really don't want to start all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom